You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Spooooooooooooooooooooon

1 second freezes in game

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,241 posts
10,577 battles

With the last patch I am seeing strange 1 second freezes during game play.  No idea why.  Connection is solid, frame rate consistent at 58-60, ping consistently 40-60.  Been playing game since beta and never seen this.  It doesn't happen every single match, but when it does happen I get multiple freezes during a given battle.

I run a very solid computer, 16MB Ram, Nvidia Gforce1080.  I do run the game at 4k on a very large monitor at max settings, but i have not had any issues prior to this last patch.

I'm on a hardwire connection with my router.

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,352 posts

Yes..  Been happening a lot.

My screen froze up in port last night.  I used the Task Manager to abort - then restarted the program.

Came up...   IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE !!!!!    Holy......  !!!!

Put out the fires, get the ship moving.     Target ... something...  fire...

Um..  What ship am I in?   Okhotnik..  yup, that was on the carousel when I locked up.  No flags, no consumables..  Yup.. 2 smokes.

Duck behind this island...

Interesting experience to say the least.  Might make an interesting 'surprise' game mode. 

MM picks a random ship of yours and THROWS you into a battle without any preparation.

[H-WS]
Members
352 posts
5,659 battles

I've been having the same issue.  Fortunately, it doesn't affect gameplay much.

[RKLES]
Members
10,199 posts
11,922 battles

The server has been unstable and has been displaying it's instability in various ways from player to player.

Members
235 posts
4,608 battles
14 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Yes..  Been happening a lot.

My screen froze up in port last night.  I used the Task Manager to abort - then restarted the program.

Came up...   IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE !!!!!    Holy......  !!!!

Put out the fires, get the ship moving.     Target ... something...  fire...

Um..  What ship am I in?   Okhotnik..  yup, that was on the carousel when I locked up.  No flags, no consumables..  Yup.. 2 smokes.

Duck behind this island...

Interesting experience to say the least.  Might make an interesting 'surprise' game mode. 

MM picks a random ship of yours and THROWS you into a battle without any preparation.

Couldn't help but laugh when I read this.  It has happened to me, as well.  Same panic mode when I finally "woke up" in the middle of a battle.  Couldn't figure out what ship I was in, etc., etc.  If it wasn't so frustrating, the adrenaline push really wakes you up for the rest of the night ...

That was a great description.:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,766 posts

same, game freezes frequently a few seconds at a time

it's shouldn't be my computer, GTS750 card, i7, 6G, FPS is above 60, but the game frequently freezes a few seconds at a time, recently it gets worse and worse, to the point of not playable

what's the problem? my internet is 50Mbps, shouldn't be a problem

[BS]
Members
1,781 posts
8,898 battles

Try running LatencyMon in the background to see what processes/drivers could be eating spike's of CPU usage. Motherboard audio software can conflict with Nvidia HDMI audio, that ended up being my problem a while ago, when I got stuttering like crazy. I got some new/recently freezing yesterday, but I remembered changing MSAA to 8x from 4x, changed it back and it went away.

EJ