You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beatty_10

Giulio Cesare Dispersion Nerf - WG Dev Blog

167 comments in this topic

[SFROG]
Members
276 posts
5,949 battles

WOWS Development Blog - "Maximum dispersion of main battery Giulio Cesare will be increased from 138 m to 226 m. The change is needed to reduce the excessive efficiency of the ship."

I am disappointed. That seems like a huge nerf and removes a huge part of what made Giulio Cesare potentially special. And makes her far less appealing as premium purchase.

See the bad news for yourself. And please don't shoot the messenger 

• Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,762 posts
9,344 battles

I'm rather happy about this change.  Having a deadly accurate ship may have been unique, but would have presented a balance nightmare.  She would either have crippled stats elsewhere, making her frustrating to play, or just be op.
It's better for the health of the game if premiums are both fun and reasonably powered - neither of which the giulio cesare would have been if she kept her accuracy.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
3 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

I'm rather happy about this change.  Having a deadly accurate ship may have been unique, but would have presented a balance nightmare.  She would either have crippled stats elsewhere, making her frustrating to play, or just be op.
It's better for the health of the game if premiums are both fun and reasonably powered - neither of which the giulio cesare would have been if she kept her accuracy.

I noticed they also killed the konig albert ship on removal from the tree and shop.

Very sneaky indeed.

Ninja nerfs are naughty.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,704 posts
2,122 battles

226m... I don't recall the other tier V values off the top of my head, but almost 100 extra meters?

That *better* had come with a significant sigma buff.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
487 posts
4,294 battles

So disappointed on that change. The accuracy was the single reason I wanted the ship. Oh well at least there will be the October revolution sometime next month. 

[SIM]
Members
4,000 posts
6,730 battles

Well, there's nothing left of this ship. They kept the problem (overly potent HE shells) but got rid of the ship's strength (accurate guns). Why bother releasing it at this point? It's just going to be floating garbage.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles
14 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I noticed they also killed the konig albert ship on removal from the tree and shop.

Very sneaky indeed.

Ninja nerfs are naughty.

Albert was not nerfed at all.

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Well, there's nothing left of this ship. They kept the problem (overly potent HE shells) but got rid of the ship's strength (accurate guns). Why bother releasing it at this point? It's just going to be floating garbage.

Nice model

Pasta training

Fast

If you've  watched any videos - the accuracy was stupid.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

Albert was not nerfed at all.

The albert was amazing ive seen it in battle this week and the dispersion of its shells now seems to have gone from bad to shooting at mars stupid levels so yes something has deffo happened to it on removal and i would like to see its data now.

I would like to see its old dispersion data and this weeks data.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles
13 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

226m... I don't recall the other tier V values off the top of my head, but almost 100 extra meters?

That *better* had come with a significant sigma buff.

From what I've pulled off the Ship Trees over at shipcomrade.com under max dispersion numbers

New York: 223m
Texas: 224m

Kongo: 222m

Konig: 212m

Iron Duke: 212m

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya: 228

So this will put her firmly in line with the other at the tier...  Which kind of takes the specialness of her away really.

Edited by vonKaiser

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
2 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

So this will put her firmly in line with the other at the tier...  Which kind of takes the specialness of her away really.

I thought we were anti-gimmick here on the forums, 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles
2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

The albert was amazing ive seen it in battle this week and the dispersion of its shells now seems to have gone from bad to shooting at mars stupid levels so yes something has deffo happened to it on removal and i would like to see its data now.

I would like to see its old dispersion data and this weeks data.

Except nothing about her has changed, and they don’t directly nerf premiums. The whole reason they removed her was because she was OP and they wouldn’t nerf her.

This is just another case of bad RNG and confirmation bias.

• Cool 2

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles
Just now, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

They might be, I'm not popular enough to get the meeting notes and the invites to the cool kids circle.  Personally, after seeing the reviews, I was just hoping for a Tier 5 that had something going for it when it was up-tiered to Tier 7.

[RMRGD]
Members
445 posts
20,600 battles

vader.jpg

What I think they should do is give it back the accuracy but nerf overall damage.    The Duca is a good example of low alpha strike but nice accurate firing.  Even if they decrease accuracy a little, low armor, very accurate, low alpha strike is a great trait for the line.   The overall problem is WG is running out of gimmicks and needs to add new ones to the game.   Stop adding radar to ships this should be a cruiser trait only..  Maybe add "batten down the hatches" to BBs so they take reduced torp damage for a short time.    Something...     If new lines feel the same as previous lines it will add nothing to the overall game experience. 

dark.png

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

It appears I was beaten to the punch posting this. Oh well.

[SVF]
Members
1,242 posts
1,740 battles
20 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

From what I've pulled off the Ship Trees over at shipcomrade.com under max dispersion numbers

One thing you're forgetting is that most of the ships you list have 1.8 sigma.  GC still supposedly has 1.5 sigma; overall her accuracy is far worse than them now.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,704 posts
2,122 battles
23 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Oh no, she's not in line at all. A 1.5 sigma? with 226m dispersion @ 16.4 km? Ouch

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

One thing you're forgetting is that most of the ships you list have 1.8 sigma.  GC still supposedly has 1.5 sigma; overall her accuracy is far worse than them now.

Don't have access to the Sigma numbers sadly, have to do that from home, not the Work PC :(   But no, didn't forget, just didn't include because what was being asked was the Dispersion values of the Tier 5's.  Not the Sigmas. 

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles
20 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Having a battleship with stats tailored toward highly-accurate gunfire is not a gimmick.  Radar on Missouri is a gimmick.

Now Cesare is little more than an Italian New York with cruiser detection.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles
3 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Oh no, she's not in line at all. A 1.5 sigma? with 226m dispersion @ 16.4 km? Ouch

[speculation] Maybe the Sigma was changed, but seeing as it's considered a "hidden stat" no major mention as made? [/speculation]

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,278 posts
8,483 battles

Just give her 1.8 sigma like the others. Problem solved. The accuracy combined with the tiny detecion range was hilariously overpowered, and basically functioned as a death sentence for the already fragile tier 4-5-6 cruisers.

Honestly that's probably what they will do, but people like to immediately trash something the instant they see a part they don't like.