Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

What a bug - secondaries!

14 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Fixed bug where ship visibility when firing secondary guns increased to the detectability displayed when firing their main armament

Since no particular ship was mentioned... I take it this was happening for all ships having secondaries? Wow. Now the real question...

Did you notice this bug? tiafyc

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,762 posts
9,365 battles

To be honest, it's a bug that has no practical effect.  As long as your secondaries are firing, you would be spotted under normal rules anyways.   As long as the bloom immediately went away when secondaries were firing, there would almost be no way to notice it.

Maybe if you were staring at your minimap detection circles while in a knifefight?  I honestly can't think of any other way.  And no, I totally didn't notice it :Smile-_tongue:

[YORHA]
Members
4,358 posts
7,924 battles

Maybe I am missing something but if you are close enough to someone fo your secondaries to engage would't you already be spotted anyway?

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,793 battles
5 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Maybe I am missing something but if you are close enough to someone fo your secondaries to engage would't you already be spotted anyway?

Not necessarily. Push to a smoke cloud in a German BB, with no other ships around, pop hydro... secondaries engage the naughty DD... bloom... 

It is situation but could be annoying.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
50 minutes ago, TheHolySpork said:

Not necessarily. Push to a smoke cloud in a German BB, with no other ships around, pop hydro... secondaries engage the naughty DD... bloom...

The blaze of fire coming out of there is terrifying if you are too close. :Smile_ohmy:

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

Is there a ship that you can get it's secondary range up and it's concealment down enough that you can invisifire? I'm too lazy to do the math. Someone nerd this up for me.

[TROY]
Members
212 posts
2,936 battles
30 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Is there a ship that you can get it's secondary range up and it's concealment down enough that you can invisifire? I'm too lazy to do the math. Someone nerd this up for me.

No there isn't, the closest you could get would be your secondaries firing over the corner of and island but even that is really rare as secondaries mostly aim for the waterline at the center of the ship.  Most islands that they can fire over wouldn't be large enough to hide the ship behind anyway.

[-K-]
Members
1,150 posts
8,186 battles

If there's a ship close enough that my secondaries are going off, I'm probably firing my main guns too, which would result in full bloom anyway.  So ya, I agree there was not much practical impact of this bug.  Still good to get it fixed though.  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Yeah after reflection that is the scenario... or suppose a beat up dd approaches, you tag him with your secondaries as he rounds an island. You never fired your mains but now you'd be visible out to 2x.x km to every red. if it happened - it would be bummers. 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,514 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

The blaze of fire coming out of there is terrifying if you are too close. :Smile_ohmy:

You should see what 3 T8 KM's, a NO, and a Benson throw, i got to be the NO in my 3rd match in the NO in that scenario. Enemy Bismark melted so fast it wasn't funny.

Members
24,075 posts
6,044 battles
1 hour ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Closest I can think of offhand is NO. You can get concealment down to 8.9, and secondaries up to 7.6.

[R-F]
Members
1,547 posts
9,130 battles

It doesn't happen very often but secondaries are capable of firing over low islands that block line of sight, so it's possible to be firing them without being detected that way.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles
3 hours ago, Kenjister said:

To be honest, it's a bug that has no practical effect.  As long as your secondaries are firing, you would be spotted under normal rules anyways.   As long as the bloom immediately went away when secondaries were firing, there would almost be no way to notice it.

Maybe if you were staring at your minimap detection circles while in a knifefight?  I honestly can't think of any other way.  And no, I totally didn't notice it :Smile-_tongue:

I think Notser noticed it when he was looking at minimap circles while testing the smoke changes on PTS.

Sign in to follow this