You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mfumukoskoldpadda

Regarding the Iwaki Alpha

27 comments in this topic

[U571]
Members
367 posts
4,680 battles

During my time as Captain_Corgi_140 I was exposed to a rare drug known as the Iwaki Alpha (or the Doom Pickle as its known by on the streets). After having been exposed to the aforementioned drug I have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms from the heavy usage of this drug during the Corgi Fleet Event. I have tried to substitute this Iwaki Alpha with other premium drugs such as the Yūbari however, it's just not the same.

So, I turned to some doctors as I desired professional help on this matter, but most said they could not help me with this type of addiction and some even recommended I try the generic drug known as Tenryu! However, in my search, I did come across a very helpful doctor (Dr.Blücher if I remember correctly), and he said he knows a guy that could possibly help me with my addiction and told me to ask them for assistance.

So going by the recommendation of Dr.Blücher, @SuperNikoPower I was wondering if...

1wlrrd.jpg

Edit: It's a joke, people.(I didn't think this would need clarification)

Edited by mfumukoskoldpadda
is only joke, why you hef to be mad
  • Cool 6

[OO7]
Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

Want a really addictive drug, at do sealklubbing at tier X where it belongs? Try Khabarovsk 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,224 posts
10,902 battles

OP the Iwaki Alpha was a reward ship strictly for Alpha testers who participated with a certain minimum battle count during Alpha test. That is the only way to get it. I too would love one but alas I was not in Alpha.

[-K-]
Members
7,095 posts
11,636 battles

There was talk of them possibly releasing non-Alpha and Beta versions of Iwaki and Arkansas, respectively, but I don't ever forsee it actually happening.

Supertester
4,132 posts
4,292 battles
19 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

There was talk of them possibly releasing non-Alpha and Beta versions of Iwaki and Arkansas, respectively, but I don't ever forsee it actually happening.

People want Arkansaw?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Releasing non-Alpha and non-Beta versions of Iwaki and Arkansas would deprive them of what actually makes them successful. They would have to remove certain features (six slots on the Ark) or modify values (like the accuracy of Iwaki's guns). They would also have to call them by other names too... otherwise you have no alpha or beta rewards. 

You know... not everyone is entitled to everything, right? 

I tried for long time to get into the alpha/beta program... months i tell you, months. When I finally got into the beta, woohoo. My opinion is they remain unique, desirable. Doing this encourages people to work for future special releases, knowing they too may not be available. 

Otherwise, I suppose they could put both of them up for sale, what, $300 to $500 each? Even at that price, there'd be a lot of folks upset about selling them. And I can guarantee you, they'd sell a lot of them. 

[-K-]
Members
7,095 posts
11,636 battles
21 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

People want Arkansaw?

Yep.  Even though she has virtually no AA, her accuracy is excellent for her tier due to being able to mount all the extra module slots with upgrades.  I believe she gets 6 slots, versus the normal 3 or 4 at her tier.

11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I tried for long time to get into the alpha/beta program... months i tell you, months. When I finally got into the beta, woohoo. My opinion is they remain unique, desirable. Doing this encourages people to work for future special releases, knowing they too may not be available.  

I tried for a long time too, and was finally able to buy in with one of the ship bundles.  Sadly, it was only a week before Open Beta, so I wasn't able to get enough matches in to earn the Arkansas.

But as for these ships, I don't think selling them would be a good option, as it would take away from their special place for those who earned them in Alpha/Beta.  Maybe a better idea would to strip them of their Alpha/Beta titles, give them different camos so that the Alpha/Beta versions still have something unique about them, and make them earnable through a decently challenging campaign, kind of like Bismarck or Yammamoto.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,850 posts
4,861 battles
18 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Releasing non-Alpha and non-Beta versions of Iwaki and Arkansas would deprive them of what actually makes them successful. They would have to remove certain features (six slots on the Ark) or modify values (like the accuracy of Iwaki's guns). They would also have to call them by other names too... otherwise you have no alpha or beta rewards. 

Otherwise, I suppose they could put both of them up for sale, what, $300 to $500 each? Even at that price, there'd be a lot of folks upset about selling them. And I can guarantee you, they'd sell a lot of them. 

Arkansas...Iwaki, sans the Beta and Alpha...what's the difference? (In fact, the Iwaki used to be known as...well, just plain 'ol Iwaki, before it became Alpha gift)

I don't think any feature removal will be needed. Paint it some other pattern too. Just the name Alpha/Beta is different enough. There's the Pz V/IV Alpha and KV-220 Beta (have one of these on my Asia account) in Tanks...read on.

The Pz V/IV (sans Alpha) went on sale...KV-220 (sans Beta) went on sale...Mutant 6 went on sale... None of Tester Gift Planes were sold yet, the closest thing being a recent sale of F2A-1, which would be a carryover from open beta if you bought it with beta tokens during that time. All of these are only available on premium shop.

I believe, sooner or later it'll happen...

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,482 battles
3 hours ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

Unfortunately my friend, Alpha tester reward only. If you get a time machine then you can get her.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

The Ark B has six slots... to which you can insert a module that reduces dispersion by 11%. She also has a phenomenal range of 16.x km with those weapons. Her real, only weakness is lack of AA. And a lesser issue is lack of a solid top speed to keep up with those she plays with/against. 

Releasing her as-is would create a whole lot of bad mojo for and against, both sides of the line. So I'm with others - I'd vote no for sale of either ship. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,455 posts
22,957 battles

Yep the ArkBeta has six slots instead of two that normal T4 BB have.

LlJU2DZ.jpg

It's not that the main battery 16.7 km range and 10.5 km spotting range with CE make her OP. :Smile_child:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,481 posts
10,399 battles
40 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I disagree. Aside from the fact you could maybe make them slightly different yes, all you really need to do is the same as Bama, specific title, special camo, maybe an added trinket or the like to add in flags or ability to mount them to separate it. Maybe our Alpha/Beta camo's give us a credit bonus that make them that much better earners, maybe a training bonus on the captains, while the regular just has the typical tier 4 exp, conceal, accuracy ones. I will flat out say it the way this community mewled about Bama at the time being ST only, least that was the word, really, there should be no issue at all, especially because as I recall, some of those were also Alpha and Beta testers. And A LOT of the ST people are also Alpha/Beta testers.

Maybe I'm unique, maybe I'm the odd-man out, but we Alpha and Beta testers have no real right to prevent others from getting their hands on a version of these ships that is tweaked ever so slightly or has worse bonuses than the one we get. We got the ship for free, much as some of us anyway did actually work (some just got the battles needed, not really giving feedback), we get a better set of bonus on our camo and it's unique in appearance to show "we helped test the game to get it rolling". They have to pay for it (that's a key for me, I'd want to see it put in the shop, not a earned reward), and they get less bonuses. And while I would not be as okay with it being a reward, granted that means we could earn a second for double the fun -

It's been two years, we have had two years of access to these two ships they have not, so to have had these to ourselves exclusively for that long, I think just giving us better bonuses and them a different looking camo is enough. We should be grateful they actually gave us ships and not just the flags, and not begrudge others the chance to get one that is similar but different, lacking the title Alpha and Beta showing that they paid for theirs while we earned ours.

[SIM]
Members
4,011 posts
6,789 battles

I would like to see a version of both ships offered for sale, as I maintain that real ships have historical and personal significance to people and therefore I don't want to see anyone get locked out of a ship that their grandfather or great grandfather served on. I don't care if that's just the existing ship without the Alpha/Beta designation, or a whole new version that reflects the ships after refits and modernization. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

If they do they do. This is an ongoing point by a few for many, many months. why? You have something I can't get. It really boils down to that, doesn't it? Anyone who favors it remaining that way is oh, wrong? 

Like I said if they do they do - but then they have two versions to maintain and guess what - you STILL won't have the Beta ship, will you. What you will have is a knock-off, one that performs below the standard of the original. Why would you want something less? :cap_cool::fish_glass::cap_cool:

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Guys? You do realize this is a joke right?

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
3 hours ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

People want Arkansaw?

My Div mate has the highest win rate on the server in it. I want one the tier 9 dispersion reduction alone makes me want one.

Edited by IronMike11B4O
Mis Spelling

[OO7]
Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

I myself have almost never seen either. Particularly due to the fact that I avoid playing tier I-VIII if I can possibly help it

[TCF]
Members
299 posts
13,274 battles

If ship trading ever happened I would glady trade 100 bucks of gold for one

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles
7 hours ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

People want Arkansaw?

Its a damn good ship when there's no planes. Great Dispersion, good range. Lots of guns.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
6 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

I disagree. Aside from the fact you could maybe make them slightly different yes, all you really need to do is the same as Bama, specific title, special camo, maybe an added trinket or the like to add in flags or ability to mount them to separate it. Maybe our Alpha/Beta camo's give us a credit bonus that make them that much better earners, maybe a training bonus on the captains, while the regular just has the typical tier 4 exp, conceal, accuracy ones. I will flat out say it the way this community mewled about Bama at the time being ST only, least that was the word, really, there should be no issue at all, especially because as I recall, some of those were also Alpha and Beta testers. And A LOT of the ST people are also Alpha/Beta testers.

Maybe I'm unique, maybe I'm the odd-man out, but we Alpha and Beta testers have no real right to prevent others from getting their hands on a version of these ships that is tweaked ever so slightly or has worse bonuses than the one we get. We got the ship for free, much as some of us anyway did actually work (some just got the battles needed, not really giving feedback), we get a better set of bonus on our camo and it's unique in appearance to show "we helped test the game to get it rolling". They have to pay for it (that's a key for me, I'd want to see it put in the shop, not a earned reward), and they get less bonuses. And while I would not be as okay with it being a reward, granted that means we could earn a second for double the fun -

It's been two years, we have had two years of access to these two ships they have not, so to have had these to ourselves exclusively for that long, I think just giving us better bonuses and them a different looking camo is enough. We should be grateful they actually gave us ships and not just the flags, and not begrudge others the chance to get one that is similar but different, lacking the title Alpha and Beta showing that they paid for theirs while we earned ours.

No you're not.  I don't care if people get a version of my Arkansas.  I'd prefer that mine retains the B designator, and their's doesn't but the fact that someone else gets the ship doesn't hurt me in the slightest.

• Cool 1

[U571]
Members
367 posts
4,680 battles

That moment you make a thread that is obviously not serious, and written as a joke for a sensible chuckle, but people make it mostly seruous in the comments...

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles

If they want my money they can sell Iwaki and Arkansas non alpha and beta tags. But they don't like making money, isn't it?

[SIM]
Members
4,011 posts
6,789 battles
48 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

That moment you make a thread that is obviously not serious, and written as a joke for a sensible chuckle, but people make it mostly seruous in the comments...

"Obviously" not serious? Do you know what forum that you're on? Far more ridiculous topics have been posted with a straight face.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

He's right you know. Far more ridiculous topics have been posted with a great farce.

May the farce be with you.