Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Furysghost

RN Cruiser AP

5 comments in this topic

[CCF]
Members
728 posts
6,689 battles

Hi

Can anyone explain this short fuse AP to me?

Tonite l hit the French T-5 CL at belt buckle distance 6 salvos of AP from my Leander to finally kill him.

At least 30% of those were right on the citadel button and NADA! l have not been in this situation with a RN CL before and this kinda shook me up what the hell is with that AP can't pen at point blank on no armor?

Most of my other CL's can pen with IFHE on light side armor.....is there something l'm not getting here?

TY

[SYN]
Members
15,395 posts
12,571 battles

RNCL AP has a short fuse, instead of standard length.

FR cruisers have spaced armor, meaning RNCL AP will burst outside the citadel, but inside the ship.

[CCF]
Members
728 posts
6,689 battles

Ahhh thanks Mr Deaf so would l in theory be better off shooting upper works and superstructure then do you think?

[SYN]
Members
15,395 posts
12,571 battles

as long as you aren't getting any shatters or bounces on the belt, I don't see the need to switch to the upper section.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,514 battles

Yeah you won't do anymore damage by switching, that said aiming a tad high may reduce your number of shells into the water, also some french cruisers have a weird torpedo bulge that i'm told will arm the shells, but shells that burst between the bulge and the belt won't do any damage.

Not sure which are affected.

Sign in to follow this