You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LeavingForever

Horrid FPS drops

50 comments in this topic

Members
101 posts

Unsure what to say, the community is toxic as hell so it is hard to get a decent answer from folks. I got a decent system, a 1080 and a i7 6900. I can run doom on 4k with 60 fps on ultra, so I mean really there shouldn't be a excuse why this game can dip below 20 fps. I hear all the time "I haz no problem wit game" Congratulations nobody cares. I would like tips. I am sure some people in this community have a cure. I have seen a ton of threads about these issues. A TON. Most talk about disabling windows 10 features and such. Did all that and sadly nothing has changed for the game, also I do use alsains mod but it's not the CAUSE, I had the same issues in good ol' vanilla ice cream.

Beta Testers
147 posts
4,802 battles

Has the problem happened right from installation, or was it after an update of windows or Wows?

I have a similar setup with i7 4790k, 1070, 16GB ram running on 4K and with most settings turned up to max but AA turned off I get 58 to 60 fps with the occasional dip into the low 50s, I do have a problem where the game seems to stutter a little after changing from the map to the normal view but it seems to have happened after a game update and looks to be a problem with flash.

Have you got any more details regarding what your pc has, what drive Wows is installed on and where you are. When I had patchy internet a while ago the game did become a bit spotty at times. 

Beta Testers
147 posts
4,802 battles

Also how often does it drop, could we get a fraps video with the framerate displayed in the corner?

[P-V-E]
Members
1,268 posts

I have a I7 6900K and a GTX1070 and am using windows 10 pro, I play on 1920x1080 with everything on maximum (though I have MSAA set to off and just use high FXAA), the FPS in the top left corner stays at 58FPS at all times (not quite sure why 58FPS, as neither any single core of the CPU or the GPU is near 100% load, it just always reads 58fps)

you could try turning on in the NVidia control panel "threaded optimisation" to forced "ON", and set "Vertical sync" to "Adaptive", then in WoWS set Vertical sync to off, you could also try within the NVidia control panel to set "power management mode" to "adaptive" or "prefer maximum performance", the latter will often force the base stock GPU/RAM GHz, while adaptive will allow the GPU to go above base stock GPU/RAM GHz based on heat etc.

edit:

also in the NVidia control panel manage 3D setting page, hit the "restore" button and click apply to revert the NVidia setting to default, the try the above settings after testing in WoWS.

Edited by b101uk

[SALVO]
Members
22,374 posts
22,802 battles

I had this problem a month or so ago, and this is what WG support suggested I do, which worked.  Do a clean, full re-install on your graphics drivers.  Don't do a quick update of the existing ones.  That will possibly just keep whatever's wrong in place.  But for my laptop, the full graphics driver re-install fixed the problem beautifully.

Members
101 posts
5 hours ago, polarman said:

Has the problem happened right from installation, or was it after an update of windows or Wows?

I have a similar setup with i7 4790k, 1070, 16GB ram running on 4K and with most settings turned up to max but AA turned off I get 58 to 60 fps with the occasional dip into the low 50s, I do have a problem where the game seems to stutter a little after changing from the map to the normal view but it seems to have happened after a game update and looks to be a problem with flash.

Have you got any more details regarding what your pc has, what drive Wows is installed on and where you are. When I had patchy internet a while ago the game did become a bit spotty at times. 

I dip horribly every game and pretty much since day one I've been dipped into the 20s at times.

Members
101 posts
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I had this problem a month or so ago, and this is what WG support suggested I do, which worked.  Do a clean, full re-install on your graphics drivers.  Don't do a quick update of the existing ones.  That will possibly just keep whatever's wrong in place.  But for my laptop, the full graphics driver re-install fixed the problem beautifully.

How would I do that?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,716 posts

First, go to your video card manufacturer's website and download the latest video driver package. Then, press the Windows key and "R" and enter "devmgmt.msc." Expand the Display Adapters section and right click on your video card then select "uninstall." After this, go to your video card's setup program and run it to install new drivers. 

Members
101 posts
48 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

First, go to your video card manufacturer's website and download the latest video driver package. Then, press the Windows key and "R" and enter "devmgmt.msc." Expand the Display Adapters section and right click on your video card then select "uninstall." After this, go to your video card's setup program and run it to install new drivers. 

I'll try it but my drivers always have been up to date.

[SYN]
Members
15,395 posts
12,571 battles

also try adding wows to the exception list of your antivirus

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles

IMO you might be having a windows background automatic update going on while you experimented the FPS drop ?

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
1,150 posts
8,186 battles
7 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

IMO you might be having a windows background automatic update going on while you experimented the FPS drop ?

Thats what I'm thinking.  The only time I have FPS slowdowns on my aging rig is when I have another program running that's downloading an update or content of some kind.  My prime culprits are Spotify and Chrome.  Sometimes I'll listen to music or web surf waiting for a match to start and I'll load in and find FPS under 10.  I'll shut those down and FPS will return to ~50-60.   

[SALVO]
Members
22,374 posts
22,802 battles
30 minutes ago, BustyNightmareMoon said:

I'll try it but my drivers always have been up to date.

So were mine.  So clearly something had gotten corrupted, thus requiring a clean re-install.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,671 battles

I had this problem until I went into settings and bumped everything up to very high. Now I don't have any more stutters so I can only blame my poor play on me. :Smile_amazed: Try going back to DX9 if your computer can't handle that might be an option?

Members
101 posts
1 hour ago, h9k_a said:

Turn off all the gaming mode stuff in Win 10 Creators. 

That didn't help at all. I'll say this now.

1 hour ago, Pata1985 said:

I usually have nothing but Wows running in the background. I'll try some fixes tonight thay people offered. There has to be a answer for this.

Members
101 posts
53 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

I had this problem until I went into settings and bumped everything up to very high. Now I don't have any more stutters so I can only blame my poor play on me. :Smile_amazed: Try going back to DX9 if your computer can't handle that might be an option?

Don't insult my computer, you clearly didn't read the post entirely. I run doom 4 in 4k with a solid 60fps and the game literally never goes below 58 fps. Just saying. I said that in the original post. Direct 11 or even 12 doesn't phase my computer guy.

Edited by BustyNightmareMoon

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,671 battles
16 minutes ago, BustyNightmareMoon said:

Don't insult my computer, you clearly didn't read the post entirely. I run doom 4 in 4k with a solid 60fps and the game literally never goes below 58 fps. Just saying. I said that in the original post. Direct 11 or even 12 doesn't phase my computer guy.

Insult? Ok.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
6,171 posts
5,164 battles

I'm not sure what problem my computer has, it goes from 60 fps to 0.3, as in it takes 3-4 seconds stuck on a single frame.  My laptop doesn't have this problem, but it's also less powerful and needs to run on a lower setting by default, and can't get 60 fps anyway.  So I'm not sure what went wrong.

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles
42 minutes ago, BustyNightmareMoon said:

That didn't help at all. I'll say this now.

I usually have nothing but Wows running in the background. I'll try some fixes tonight thay people offered. There has to be a answer for this.

Turning your computer ON is enough to download automatic updates if they are enabled.

Members
101 posts
1 hour ago, Pata1985 said:

Turning your computer ON is enough to download automatic updates if they are enabled.

Trust me I've disabled every possible ability for my pc to auto download things without my consent. 

2 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

Insult? Ok.

giphy.gif

Don't be sad you didn't read the whole post before commenting.

Members
101 posts
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

This was happening last patch to me, but the latest patch cleared it up....

We may never know why...:cap_hmm:

Don't get me wrong when I say I'll blindly fight for Wargaming over their products but at this rate and time I am slowly but surely losing faith in the game itself when it does things like this. I am just upset at this and I love this game and want to keep sinking skrubs.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
689 posts
5,226 battles

I've been having FPS issues since I went to Win 10 Creator Ed.  Weird thing is i get pretty steady 75 FPS in battle while playing 1440p ultra wide, but in port it can take up to 15 sec to load my profile or switch to the tech tree.  Every move of the mouse in port over anything that drives a pop up will sink my FPS to the 20s or lower. Hanging signals drops me to single digits.  All while on a 7700k, 1080gtx, and 950 EVO, with 100mb/sec DSL.  Sometimes on the post battle screen I hit detailed stats and nothing appears.  Like it times out or something. WG check is no errors and ping plotter is steady 50ms with no packet loss.  Even stranger is my laptop on the same connection has a steady 60fps all the time at same detail level on a 970m.  What I don't know is the tech tree, profile info and port pop up text such as module stats or signal info pulled from the server (indicating connection issues) or from my client (indicating file access issues)?