Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

A wicked idea

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,323
[NG-NL]
Members
5,971 posts
9,620 battles

Well, since WanderingGhost commented in another thread about IFHE being more for MB on RN BBs, I'm thinking I will take IFHE on Dunkirk (my RN BB captain) after CE, just to see how many cruisers I enrage with HE pens!

 

Why not? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles

A truly wicked idea would be for the day of haloween only, anyone who gets a kraken first, an actually kraken sea monster comes up out of the water and sinks the remaining enemy ships.:cap_haloween:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,522
[-K-]
Members
7,120 posts
11,660 battles
19 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Well, since WanderingGhost commented in another thread about IFHE being more for MB on RN BBs, I'm thinking I will take IFHE on Dunkirk (my RN BB captain) after CE, just to see how many cruisers I enrage with HE pens!

 

Why not? Sounds like a lot of fun!

I tried IFHE on Dunkerque awhile back, but it seemed to not make much of a difference.  Dunk can easily pen all cruisers in her tier bracket with her normal HE shells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,323
[NG-NL]
Members
5,971 posts
9,620 battles
2 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

So IFHE is good for the British BBs? I hadn't tried that yet. 

No idea, honestly. As I recall, 203s already punch thru 32mm bow armor, and the RN BB has bigger guns than that, plus broadside armor on T8-10 cruisers doesn't go past 35 as I recall.

 

I don't really know. Perchance you have the links to LWM or whoever did the HE/AP penetration vs. armor values and all? Never saved them.

 

Beginning to think IFHE on RN BB might be more for the increased shots at Detonation, but since it's very RNG, don't want to go that route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
[Y0L0]
Members
9,942 posts
14,434 battles

RN BB get 1/4th pen .     this means that upto about t7/8 cruisers,  you can  citpen lot of the cruisers  through the belt with IFHE due to 30% extra pen.    416mm will give you 104mm normal but 135mm with ifhe.

Edited by centarina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,323
[NG-NL]
Members
5,971 posts
9,620 battles
6 minutes ago, centarina said:

RN BB get 1/4th pen .     this means that upto about t7/8 cruisers,  you can  citpen lot of the cruisers  through the belt with IFHE due to 30% extra pen.    416mm will give you 104mm normal but 135mm with ifhe.

So theoretically speaking, very situational usage same as MA.

 

Guess I probably won't bother then...maybe I should reach the Lion at least before deciding if take IFHE, since if enough accuracy on the HE in first place, can stick to standard BBQ tactics for the bow-in rubbush and AP for the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
788
[OO7]
Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

Want a wicked idea? Try a Division of three Khabarovsks all with the name FireAndHEspam, FiresAndHEspam, and FirezAndHEspam. Too bad nobody ever...ohhh waiitttttt nvm :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
[FOXEH]
Members
1,699 posts
7,276 battles
4 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

A truly wicked idea would be for the day of haloween only, anyone who gets a kraken first, an actually kraken sea monster comes up out of the water and sinks the remaining enemy ships.:cap_haloween:

Actually, it would be cool if you get a kraken that gif jingles uses to show someone got a kraken pops up on the screen.  

A36F4945-6F99-409F-AB48-15AD7301A56A.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles
3 hours ago, comtedumas said:

Actually, it would be cool if you get a kraken that gif jingles uses to show someone got a kraken pops up on the screen.  

A36F4945-6F99-409F-AB48-15AD7301A56A.gif

That is exactly what I was thinking. Love jingles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×