Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
comtedumas

Another small change to the game.

22 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
1,688 posts
7,274 battles

Right now manual drops are prevented in Tier 4&5. Let’s change that up.  Make T4 manual DB drops only.  Make T5 manual TB and DB drops.  Leave T6 as it is.  That lets people learn how do do manual drops slowly and doesn’t kick them off the pier with no instruction.  A first walkthrough mission would be nice too.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,622 battles
15 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Right now manual drops are prevented in Tier 4&5. Let’s change that up.  Make T4 manual DB drops only.  Make T5 manual TB and DB drops.  Leave T6 as it is.  That lets people learn how do do manual drops slowly and doesn’t kick them off the pier with no instruction.  A first walkthrough mission would be nice too.  

Except that they used to have that, and people went and seal clubbed like there is no tomorrow.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,883 posts
17,540 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

Or we could just remove them all together and no one will have to learn beans. Problem solved.

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Developers
1,125 posts
4,262 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

Our research from a while ago made CVs at lower tiers too powerful due to the ship AA complements at Low tiers. We will likely keep it as it is for now. 

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
18 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Our research from a while ago made CVs at lower tiers too powerful due to the ship AA complements at Low tiers. We will likely keep it as it is for now. 

I have suggestion fighter stafe need a cool down...

• Cool 2

[LTNY]
Members
369 posts
4,771 battles
2 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

I have suggestion fighter stafe need a cool down...

Not a cool down, it just has to consume all the aircraft ammo, regardless of skill or modules.

[FOXEH]
Members
1,688 posts
7,274 battles
1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

That may be true but it just seems that once you get to tier 6and you don’t know how to do those skills you are at a big disadvantage vs more experienced cv players.  

[DAM-U]
Members
11,026 posts
30 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

That may be true but it just seems that once you get to tier 6and you don’t know how to do those skills you are at a big disadvantage vs more experienced cv players.  

Remove fighter strafes.

Done.

CVs should be just another damage platform, AA power should be shifted on to other ships.

My suggestion is to give every ship in the game a 1 charge (not affected by SI, prem gives you 2 charges) of DF, on mid (If no mid range > long > short) range AA only. No DPS multiplier, panics planes, lasts 20 seconds.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,411 posts
22,855 battles
1 hour ago, issm said:

Remove fighter strafes.

CVs should be just another damage platform, AA power should be shifted on to other ships.

My suggestion is to give every ship in the game a 1 charge (not affected by SI, prem gives you 2 charges) of DF, on mid (If no mid range > long > short) range AA only. No DPS multiplier, panics planes, lasts 20 seconds.

Removing strafes would be a step in the right direction.

As for DF on everything, personally, I'd prefer to see DF removed entirely.

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,318 posts
9,171 battles

I wouldn't mind a nerf to strafing, or its removal in favour of an rng dice role for fighter encounters. However, strafing does offer an awake player with otherwise inferior fighter squadrons an opportunity to fight back. This should't be forgotten. But too much micro management for my liking (at times)/

[FOXEH]
Members
1,688 posts
7,274 battles
4 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Consider allowing manual drops for training purposes in coop and not in random.  Would fix your whole problem with them.  

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,883 posts
17,540 battles
7 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Our research from a while ago made CVs at lower tiers too powerful due to the ship AA complements at Low tiers.

Then can the ships that lost their AA after closed beta have it back? (Yubari, Nicholas, etc.?)

• Cool 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,777 posts
4,052 battles
10 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Your research was correct I remember Cv's completely wiping out everyone in tier 4 games due to torp planes and lack of aa

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
14 hours ago, Jumarka said:

Not a cool down, it just has to consume all the aircraft ammo, regardless of skill or modules.

yea this ability is being abuse very bad... by changing this might make carriers fun again.... always that game where someone spamming the alt key with his fighter and just wiping your planes out....

• Cool 1

[HSF14]
Members
47 posts
13,926 battles

Strafing needs to go! Its unrealistic and makes CV play even harder. Maybe allow fighters to only strafe ships to knock out light AA would work.

[SACS]
Members
150 posts
On 9/29/2017 at 11:04 PM, VonMelon said:

Strafing needs to go! Its unrealistic and makes CV play even harder. Maybe allow fighters to only strafe ships to knock out light AA would work.

Until WG balances the loadouts between Jap and USN Carriers than no, strafe needs to stay.

[WAIFU]
Members
226 posts
8,450 battles
On 10/1/2017 at 8:13 PM, Pussnboats said:

Until WG balances the loadouts between Jap and USN Carriers than no, strafe needs to stay.

yeah because all a IJN CV player has to do is tie up the USN fighter then move in with all his bombers and then kill who ever they want with impunity sounds fun right ?

[EGIRL]
Members
62 posts
15,007 battles

Manual dropping db's at 4 wouldn't be *too* bad, since DB damage output is pretty low to begin with. Hosho doesn't need to have her manual drops back (even though i miss clubbing in her).

Also MFW issm suggesting 'aa should be shifted to other ships'. Yeah dude, cuz T10 AA isn't stupid strong as it is bruhv.  From t8 and up the AA powercreep is already nuts, making strikes on even just a *pair* of ships a pretty risky proposition if either of them have a half-assed AA spec captain. And don't even get me started on *actual* T10 AA with AA spec captains.

As for a strafe cooldown, strafe already has a built in punishment mechanic. If you try to strafe a fighter squadron and miss, the fighter squadron can strafe you from behind and wipe your fighters. If you miss a strike package, then the package can fly right past you and open up a bit of distance between itself and the fighters. Adding a cooldown to strafe would make fighter heavy loadouts (mostly on high tier USN carriers) have to actually think and aim their strafes a bit better rather than the current midway/essex strategy of 'I'm just gonna strafe 9 times in a row and i'm bound to hit something at least once or twice'. I'm not saying I'm really for or against the idea of an extra cooldown built into a strafe, I'm just saying there's already a punishment mechanic for missing one and a good cv player will exploit that pretty heavily.

[EGIRL]
Members
62 posts
15,007 battles
57 minutes ago, Yvonne_Swanson said:

yeah because all a IJN CV player has to do is tie up the USN fighter then move in with all his bombers and then kill who ever they want with impunity sounds fun right ?

>exit strafe towards the strike package.

the usn cv player would have to actually be retarded to let that happen.

[WAIFU]
Members
226 posts
8,450 battles
10 hours ago, Amatsukaze_DD said:

>exit strafe towards the strike package.

the usn cv player would have to actually be retarded to let that happen.

but they are saying they want strafe removed so i was giving an example of what has transpired in the past

Members
56 posts
2,939 battles
On 9/26/2017 at 1:01 PM, Pigeon_of_War said:

Have you tried Issm's Idea?

On 9/26/2017 at 2:58 PM, issm said:

Remove fighter strafes.

Done.

CVs should be just another damage platform,

I agree with this, That way no disadvantage to begin with when you go into tier 6. Yeah tier 4 and 5 still won't have any strafe but tier 6, you can learn without watching your whole set of planes melt before you

Edited by Rickster1998

[HYD]
Members
7,049 posts
4,929 battles
On 26/09/2017 at 8:13 AM, comtedumas said:

Not a perfect solution, but better than what we have now. 

On 26/09/2017 at 10:01 AM, Pigeon_of_War said:

That's not a very valid reason for removing a whole mode of attack from specific tiers, is it? You could easily make them less powerful by adjusting other things, like plane HP, plane loadout, plane speed, hangar capacity, etc........and you just had to choose the most "sledge-hammer" like "fix"?

Sign in to follow this