You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gene_Inari

I love AFKs rigging matches

35 comments in this topic

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

70d73c897b.png

What are the odds? Why is it that every time I try and get back into the game I get the worst of the playerbase. Can't even relax in low tier because of people who don't even have the decency to load into the match. 

AFKs are still not punished hard enough. It's beyond stupid how I get 2 of them in my match and I have to just sit and deal with it while I have 20 minutes wasted because 1/6th of my team decided to [edited] me over.

Where's my compensation for having my matched ruined because the game decided that I'm just going to have to deal with a 10v12 short two BBs? How is it fair that my side gets shafted out of 2 battleships? Why does the other side get a free ride because WG can't make a functioning game? I swear every match some side is getting screwed by nonloading AFK trash.

Literally 3 games in the morning to kill time, and every single one had a 0 XP AFK on my side. If that isn't rigged [edited], I dunno what is. It's beyond unfair and this needs to stop. It's not right how one person can just click into a battle and ruin a match for so many people. 

Edited by Gene_Inari

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 minute ago, Gene_Inari said:

70d73c897b.png

What are the odds? Why is it that every time I try and get back into the game I get the worst of the playerbase. Can't even relax in low tier because of people who don't even have the decency to load into the match. 

AFKs are still not punished hard enough. It's beyond stupid how I get 2 of them in my match and I have to just sit and deal with it while I have 20 minutes wasted because 1/6th of my team decided to [edited] me over.

I was just torped in lower tier battle by a drunk team mate.

I was capping fighting 3 enemy ships in and out of smoke and he fired all his torps coming from his spawn into my smoke and i never realised as i was battle saturated.

What a total clown.

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

In fact, I went looking thru my old stuff, and go figure, my most recent screenshot is yet another case of getting screwed over my 0XP players.

6a763cf044.png

So thanks WG for reminding me why I stopped playing last time. No point in playing when you rig matches with multiple AFKs on one side.

[NERO]
Members
3,629 posts
21 minutes ago, Gene_Inari said:

If that isn't rigged [edited], I dunno what is.

Wait, you think WG is deliberately targeting you with players it somehow knows are going to not actually play? Is that what you mean by saying it's rigged? I mean, that does imply intent to throw a match in favor of a specific team... 

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,357 posts
7,914 battles
6 minutes ago, Gene_Inari said:

In fact, I went looking thru my old stuff, and go figure, my most recent screenshot is yet another case of getting screwed over my 0XP players.

6a763cf044.png

So thanks WG for reminding me why I stopped playing last time. No point in playing when you rig matches with multiple AFKs on one side.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Eastern Europe...

1wk0rq.jpg

• Cool 12

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

...What? MM doesn't know that a player is AFK when making the match. There are three reasons I can see someone being AFK, none of which MM is really going to be aware of:

-Disconnected when match started, during load or during countdown.

-Walked away from their PC at some point. Life happens. Wife happens. Kids happen.

-Bot

If the player is a bot, that's another issue and you just need to keep reporting them until they wind up banned. Submitting replays works better than doing it in-game.

• Cool 2

[P-V-E]
Members
1,268 posts

most people you assume are AFK are not AFK, as that implies they are connected to the game and that are just not ready and away from their PC, when in fact any number of things could have disconnected them from the game and their ship will remain until the game is over.

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,793 battles

I don't think "rigged" means what you think it does... or maybe you do. Not sure which is worse.

If the game bothers you this much don't play it.

Beta Testers
4,496 posts
9,941 battles

Honestly.. play higher tiers.   I don't see many afk's in t7+  compared to the T4 area.

btw, your post is breaking forum rules :P

[R-F]
Members
955 posts
14,601 battles

Make afks pay 4x the service cost for ships.  Problem solved. Eventually eliminating the serial Afker yet being fair to the occasional one. You get 0xp for the entire match? 4x the service cost. 

Edited by Megrim3

Beta Testers
137 posts
8,027 battles
11 minutes ago, b101uk said:

most people you assume are AFK are not AFK, as that implies they are connected to the game and that are just not ready and away from their PC, when in fact any number of things could have disconnected them from the game and their ship will remain until the game is over.

This.  Also it is easy to see from a replay or if you were sunk you could tab over to the ship in question.  If their turrets are in a neutral position fore and aft then they never loaded in (connection issues).  If they are all pointed one direction then it was truly an afk issue.  There have been times where I have had to deal with emergencies (being a parent of an 8 year old everything to them is an emergency) and have to step away as I am loading in.  Hopefully I can make it back to make a difference, however Real Life responsibility will always TRUMP pixel play.  With that being said, I think perhaps WG could track and record a stat per player where they do not travel any distance in a battle.  Granted people could hide their stats but vast majority of people would have less than 1% of times they would meet that criteria.  With over 4800 battles and thousands of battles in closed Beta I probably have had 5-10 games where I lost power/internet connection and maybe 10-15 where real life circumstances came up as I am loading in.  That would be about 4/10ths of 1% of games played and that might be about an average.

[5D4]
Members
191 posts
13,326 battles
12 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

Make afks pay 4x the service cost for ships.  Problem solved. Eventually eliminating the serial Afker yet being fair to the occasional one. You get 0xp for the entire match? 4x the service cost. 

Absolutely not. With all the issues random fleet mates have with getting a match to load, I can only imagine what it is like for the player base at large. Why just this morning I had 4 dc in a row at the beginning of the match. I've not had 4 dc ever in 1+ year playing, let alone in one match. Then the next match, 3x dc and then poof, no more reconnect. 0 xp for me both matches, and I should have paid extra service cost? I think not. Talk about driving the players away, make them pay for something they have no control over! That'll solve the server desync and disconnect troubles for sure, eliminate the players all together. 

[JASH]
Members
3,749 posts
11,246 battles
52 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Meanwhile, somewhere in Eastern Europe...

1wk0rq.jpg

Gene_Inari, that looks familiar.  This isn't the first time she's posted some rant about AFKs, is it?  

[XXX]
Members
872 posts
3,117 battles
54 minutes ago, b101uk said:

Most AFKs I see, have their guns rotated. So most are there, just not bothering to do anything.

What WG is doing is not enough and has not been enough for the past year or so. There needs to be, regardless of outcome, an AFK kicker. What is in place now fails to do what it should.

[ANARC]
Members
150 posts
2,544 battles
1 hour ago, Gene_Inari said:

70d73c897b.png

Where's my compensation for having my matched ruined because the game decided that I'm just going to have to deal with a 10v12 short two BBs? How is it fair that my side gets shafted out of 2 battleships? Why does the other side get a free ride because WG can't make a functioning game? I swear every match some side is getting screwed by nonloading AFK trash.

Literally 3 games in the morning to kill time, and every single one had a 0 XP AFK on my side. If that isn't rigged [edited], I dunno what is. It's beyond unfair and this needs to stop. It's not right how one person can just click into a battle and ruin a match for so many people. 

Yes, because everyone in the world is out to get you. How about you leave and come back later, if it's such a problem? People have lives outside the game and stuff can pop up out of the blue. In short, get over it and your self-inflicted paranoia.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,852 posts
17,446 battles
1 hour ago, Gene_Inari said:

It's not right how one person can just click into a battle and ruin a match for so many people. 

The only person ruining the match for you is you, with your incredibly negative and entitled attitude and your complete and utter failure to accept the fact that things happen. Players, for whatever reasons, most of which cannot be helped, are going to be AFK. Deal with it as it is part of the game and part of real life. I guess if you want to deal with it by sniveling, whining, crying and throwing a tantrum that is your right; adults deal with challenges by adapting and overcoming; perhaps you should come back and play when you are an adult.

Members
396 posts
9,438 battles

Its the best when they're CV's.... had an AFK Taiho on my team last night... It was a blowout. 

[NG-NL]
Members
5,965 posts
9,582 battles
2 hours ago, Gene_Inari said:

70d73c897b.png

How long are you planning to stay enraged? Over things beyond your control, I mean.

And someone said this is a girl? Sounds like she's suffering from Extreme Jealousy Syndrome.

[R-F]
Members
955 posts
14,601 battles
1 hour ago, Drago_Ryder said:

Yes, because everyone in the world is out to get you. How about you leave and come back later, if it's such a problem? People have lives outside the game and stuff can pop up out of the blue. In short, get over it and your self-inflicted paranoia.

I'm sorry but I have to interject.  Your being too hard on him.  Its not his fault that there are afks. No, the game is not out to get him.  But afks are a problem to the player base. Real life issues are more important than a game, so don't play the game If you have real life issues that need attention first. This is not an excuse to queue up and leave. If you hired someone to show up for work and work or let's say you invited them to show up for a baseball game and put them in the position as the pitcher and they didn't do what was required of them, that's shows their complete lack of respect to the other people waiting for him to throw the ball. That person should never have agreed to start the game with them in it in the first place.

I used to crash due to video memory load out about once a week. I upgraded my video card and don't crash at all now.  Even though I crashed I take FULL responsibility for my crashes. It wasn't fair to my team.  I looked on how to solve the problem and corrected it. 

Instead of throwing in the towel before you even start, grow up and learn to be a better person. And take some responsibility and stop blaming the people around you. If someone is afk report them and be the best you can be despite of the others. I struggle with this every day. The OP is pointing out a flaw and criticizing it. Does s/he not have the right to do this? Sure.  Should s/he? That's another topic.

Edited by Megrim3

Members
270 posts
85 battles
12 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

How can a matchmaker determine if someone is AFK before they start playing the game?

For some reason the onus is on those who don't think the MM is self aware and is picking on some players to prevent their rise to greatness to prove that it isn't.