You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ACEpickles

Way to go WG. It's time for a leadership change.

83 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Beta Testers
314 posts
17,187 battles

No CV's?????

Pidgeon, pass this up the chain of command...... Way to go WG. It's time for a leadership change.

• Cool 4

[TWFT]
Members
1,118 posts
32,561 battles

LOL Well I for one am thankful!  I hate it when there is a CV in any of my matches, it just changes the game from ship fighting other ships to how do I hide from the dam click booms!

• Cool 3

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i'm starting to hope they put CVs in, just so bandwagon whiners like you will realize just how bad of an idea it is to have T10 CVs in a 7v7 match.

[SF-A]
Members
3,155 posts
6,815 battles

I think what they should do is allow CVs, but only match teams with CVs with other teams that have them. It would be grossly unfair to have one team lacking them, and I think that's what they seek to avoid.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,207 posts
11,922 battles

Lol good luck recruiting CV players in tier X when they barely had any CV players wanting to be in tier VI Ranked...

CVs are awesome in Random because of there often being at least a couple clueless players in matches so there are some ships that wander off, plus the fact the ships are spread out when spawned. 

In 7 vs 7 matches like Ranked ships are spawned close together, players are smart enough to have good AA equipped, and tend to move more as a group so AA stays overlapped turning waves of enemy planes into an all they can shoot down buffet.

So players that hate CVs do not have too much to worry about lol.

I do agree though about the need for leadership changes at Wargaming because while the creators of much of the In game content for the most part do alright. Their tech teams on the they hand... Not so much 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,074 posts
11,618 battles
49 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

LOL Well I for one am thankful!  I hate it when there is a CV in any of my matches, it just changes the game from ship fighting other ships to how do I hide from the dam click booms!

But what about those CV players who have spent endless time and effort honing their craft for just this type of opportunity?  And then the door is just slammed in their face.  DD mains would be bent if they weren't allowed in clan battles, so I think CV mains have a valid gripe here too.

Don't include a class of ship in the game if it's not going to be allowed to play on the same terms and conditions as all the other types.

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 5

Members
780 posts
3,837 battles

I rather enjoy matches that contain CV players, but I think WG made this decision correctly.  I have to assume they are sitting on a ton of data that show a large disparity in match outcome related to the skill level of the CV player.  I also think WG is making every effort to keep clan battles as balanced as possible to avoid the whole plan turning into raging chaos of salty frustrations.  This reason may also be why they are being so particular about the mix of ship types.  While they could have accomplished the same balance by making clan wars tier 1, that would go against the apparent need for WG to move players to higher tiers (for some business model I don't understand).   Imagine what might happen to the future of this game if they completely mess up with clan wars.  Even though many have been waiting for years / months perhaps the players should be happy they are taking baby steps with this feature.  I'm sure they will expand clan wars to include CV's once they figure out how to fix them.

Full disclosure - I'm not part of a clan, I don't play CV's (although I am in awe of those who do), and I really don't understand how on-line gaming works as a business. However, I really enjoy this game and I'd hate to see it fold. Just my inexperienced two-cents for consideration.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
226 posts
5,192 battles

CVs are a main counter to BB and to spot DDs. Since there Will be only one BB per team, I dont see why not have them. Let them face tier 10 AA cruisers. By the way, even some tier 10 DD fully AA specced can wreck a Lot of planes.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,629 posts

Be happy. They're admitting in the clearest way that CVs are broken. So broken they can't allow even one per side. 

They're also admitting that BBs are way too strong against cruisers. So strong that two of them laying down crossfire would be too much for any T10 cruiser to handle. 

These are good things. You can't demand clan wars NOW NOW NOW NOW like so many have on the forums and then complain when the first season (yes, the first season, not forever, read their post clearly) has limitations to bypass the current imbalances in the game. Do you want clan war /after/ everything is fixed and perfectly balanced (so pretty much never) or do you want clan war now with limitations to make it fair? You can't have both. 

• Cool 6

[TWFT]
Members
1,118 posts
32,561 battles
22 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Be happy. They're admitting in the clearest way that CVs are broken. So broken they can't allow even one per side. 

They're also admitting that BBs are way too strong against cruisers. So strong that two of them laying down crossfire would be too much for any T10 cruiser to handle. 

These are good things. You can't demand clan wars NOW NOW NOW NOW like so many have on the forums and then complain when the first season (yes, the first season, not forever, read their post clearly) has limitations to bypass the current imbalances in the game. Do you want clan war /after/ everything is fixed and perfectly balanced (so pretty much never) or do you want clan war now with limitations to make it fair? You can't have both. 

I agree with this.  If CV's are going to be in clan wars let them not be a class of ship that pisses off the player playing them and the player facing them, ok that might not happen, but you can dream.

1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

But what about those CV players who have spent endless time and effort honing their craft for just this type of opportunity?  And then the door is just slammed in their face.  DD mains would be bent if they weren't allowed in clan battles, so I think CV mains have a valid gripe here too.

Don't include a class of ship in the game if it's not going to be allowed to play on the same terms and conditions as all the other types.

I am sort of selfish on this, I just don't like playing in matches with CV's.  I really believe that if there was a button that you could push to let a player go into a battle with out having to play with CV's then you would rarely have a CV match.  You can argue that CV's make the game fun and engaging, but so do detonations right?

Look I have sympathy for CV players that are getting the shaft on this, but trust me, thy will get in to clan wars when they get fixed.  But of course when CV's do get fixed, all the rest of us will [edited] about how OP they are.

[-K-]
Members
7,074 posts
11,618 battles
53 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

I am sort of selfish on this, I just don't like playing in matches with CV's.  I really believe that if there was a button that you could push to let a player go into a battle with out having to play with CV's then you would rarely have a CV match.  You can argue that CV's make the game fun and engaging, but so do detonations right?

Look I have sympathy for CV players that are getting the shaft on this, but trust me, thy will get in to clan wars when they get fixed.  But of course when CV's do get fixed, all the rest of us will [edited] about how OP they are.

But we both know that "no CV" button will never exist.  The queue for CV's would go through the roof just to try and get into a match.

And in reality, players should all be given the same gameplay factors to work with.  It wouldn't be fair for some not to be subject to CV's in a match while others were.  That would be the same as a BB main choosing to have a match with no DD's because they don't like torpedoes.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,482 battles

Well there are definitely 2 things made clear from this thread.

1. Everyone thinks the way Clan Battles are being made is stupid as hell

2. 2017 year recap from Wargaming - "The year we did all our stupid [edited]!!"

Members
858 posts
1,810 battles
1 hour ago, Turbotush said:

The problem is, no matter what is done to CVs there will always be 15-20% of the playerbase that is convinced they are overpowered, cheating game-wrecking machines of doom.  It is quite literally impossible to get them to a place where everyone is satisfied.  So by not including them now, they will *never* be included, because they'll never be able to 'fix' them enough to satisfy everyone.

• Cool 1

Members
858 posts
1,810 battles
27 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Well there are definitely 2 things made clear from this thread.

1. Everyone thinks the way Clan Battles are being made is stupid as hell

2. 2017 year recap from Wargaming - "The year we did all our stupid [edited]!!"

Personally:

1)  I think Clan Battles are stupid as hell, along with encouraging elitism and entitlement, but that fight was already dead and buried before it started.

2)  I think WG has made a lot of good changes and moves this year.  Some of them aren't well-liked, and some of them *I* don't like, but I understand why they were done.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,482 battles
13 minutes ago, Battleship_Dunkerque said:

Personally:

1)  I think Clan Battles are stupid as hell, along with encouraging elitism and entitlement, but that fight was already dead and buried before it started.

2)  I think WG has made a lot of good changes and moves this year.  Some of them aren't well-liked, and some of them *I* don't like, but I understand why they were done.

My second point was meant to be taken optimistically, As in "Since we did all the stupid stuff this year next year will be better because we will (hopefully) learn!"

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,273 posts
9,171 battles

Yet another player with a very inflated sense of entitlement calling for an employee to lose his/her job, a suggestion which is blatant harrassment. Fortunately clan POPCORN is here to help everyone keep a sense of perspective, handing out free POPCORN, recruiting posters, and cat gifs. :Smile_popcorn:

We would like to extend an invitation to our clan to all these delightfully well mannered responders to this topic, common sense is the foundation of all true irony, along with a dash of butter and salt (the tabletop kind), to season the silliest of debates.

POPCORN

tZm0J19.gif

is excited (no really) to announce openings in its World of Warships [POP] clan !

Active several days per week

All time zones
Willing to learn and improve gameplay
English and French speakers welcome

Polite and well mannered

Fun and fairplay

18+ 

extra information : 

Participation in competitive and cooperative gameplay is encouraged
Popcorn promotes fairplay and respect for opponents

Popcorn aims to bring a smile to both PvP and PvE

Feel free to /pm me for any questions/ or speak to one of our recruiters : not_acceptable & Stauffenberg44 

Or visit us at our Discord comms server.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Developers
1,125 posts
4,260 battles

Hey hey!

I'm all for constructive criticism, useful debate, and engagement, but this is rapidly turning into a "salt thread" That is the anti-thesis of The Nest.  

Openly insulting the company isn't constructive. 

Don't make me lock this thread, please.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
13 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hey hey!

I'm all for constructive criticism, useful debate, and engagement, but this is rapidly turning into a "salt thread" That is the anti-thesis of The Nest.  

like to say I love cv but just ruin my plan with aa cruiser for clan wars then...

[SYN]
Members
5,347 posts
12,615 battles

On one hand it is understandable that CVs were pulled, given the tier and small team sizes.  Midways and Hakuryus would have such massively disproportionate influence on matches.

On the other, that CVs had to be banned at all only shows that CV play, as currently implemented, is fundamentally flawed.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,777 posts
10,352 battles

I think the explanation from WG makes a lot of sense and understand their choice for the first season. WG put out a video that includes an explanation and it is explained a little it better.  Will try to find it when I get home.

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,546 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

On one hand it is understandable that CVs were pulled, given the tier and small team sizes.  Midways and Hakuryus would have such massively disproportionate influence on matches.

On the other, that CVs had to be banned at all only shows that CV play, as currently implemented, is fundamentally flawed.

The second part of your statement is spot on, all WG has done through not allowing CV's in CW is to justify every complaint that the player base has ever had about CV play or CV's being in the game at all.  Should mention that I too agree with the first part of your statement as well, but it still does not make what you and I and others have been saying similar to the second part any less valid

[TWFT]
Members
1,118 posts
32,561 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

But we both know that "no CV" button will never exist.  The queue for CV's would go through the roof just to try and get into a match.

And in reality, players should all be given the same gameplay factors to work with.  It wouldn't be fair for some not to be subject to CV's in a match while others were.  That would be the same as a BB main choosing to have a match with no DD's because they don't like torpedoes.

Ask anyone that runs a Cleve spected out AA and they will tell you they get less CV's per match then when they run a non AA set up (i.e hydro).  Yes, I know CV's are here to stay and I'm ok with it, I just like it when I'm in a navel warfare game that deals with ships with big guns shooting at each other with out getting torped by a CV that I cant see or hit back at.  CV's just change the game in the same way navies had to change there thinking after the 1940 Taranto raid.  You might say I'm just an old time big gun admiral.

4 hours ago, Battleship_Dunkerque said:

The problem is, no matter what is done to CVs there will always be 15-20% of the playerbase that is convinced they are overpowered, cheating game-wrecking machines of doom.  It is quite literally impossible to get them to a place where everyone is satisfied.  So by not including them now, they will *never* be included, because they'll never be able to 'fix' them enough to satisfy everyone.

Right now there is a poll that is 67 votes in favor of the ban and 82 opposed, not trying to say that is the entire player base, but it is almost even between those that like playing without CV's and those that don't mind.

[TWFT]
Members
1,118 posts
32,561 battles
3 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hey hey!

So far with maybe a few exceptions, this has been a great discussion!  I agree we should not be calling for anyone's job and not pissing on some that have a different opinion.  At this point I really have to give a lot of respect to how some have tackled this.