Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
X01_ISAAC_7

Clan Wars Predictions: 7 Players, 1 BB, No Carriers = Torpedo and High Explosive Spam

13 comments in this topic

[USA]
Beta Testers
300 posts

So yeah. I just got home from work and hopped onto my computer, pulled up YouTube and the first video I saw under my suggested vids was from iChaseGaming, and the title is talking about no CVs allowed for first season of WoWS Clan Wars.

Spoiler

So yeah. I look over at the side bar and who do I see? A response from Femennenly! And boy was her response rather justified!

Spoiler

Okay, so that's one of two super unicum players (the other being farazelleth) that flat out sold their tier 10 CV (Midway doesn't count because the USN CV line is a complete joke)
And then, I look over at my side bar and i see NoZoupForYou's response! Hmmmm, maybe he'll have a better view on it...

Spoiler

.....Nope....

Seriously, I just recently started learning how to properly play carriers by using Farazelleth's guides and noticing a vast increase in my abilities. Granted I'm nowhere near him or Fem's skill level, or alot of other people who play them, nor will I ever be near them in skill. So in all of this we've got the following that have become true:

1. WarGaming said that in 2017 they would be doing a massive rework of Carriers and how they play and how they are controlled (the UI is terrible and buggy).

The results have determined that was a lie.

2. WarGaming said that there would be no new premium carriers or new carrier tech tree lines until the CV overhaul was completed.

Kaga and Enterprise have determined that was a lie.

3. WarGaming stated that the Graf Zeppelin was fine in it's final iteration before pushing it out just to have something for GamesCom in Germany this summer.

Player reaction and feedback, including the firing of iChaseGaming for his very right and very correct comments on the GZ, have determined that was a lie.

4. WarGaming have now stated that there will be no carriers in Clan Wars because it makes things imbalanced and the "stress and exhaustion" of being under constant pressure isn't fun.

I'm detecting a pattern here, so unless they change their minds and go with a 1/2/2/2 set up (CV/BB/CL/DD) or a 0/2/3/2 - 0/2/2/3 alternates, I'm gonna predict that the above is gonna also be a lie.

BONUS FACT: They're gonna be loaning out Shimakazes, Zaos, and Grosse Kurfursts to people who don't own tier 10 ships. Well that's brilliant! One of 2 scenarios is going to present itself:

A. The Kurfursts are gonna be useless because having that many Zaos they will be burned to death as soon as they are spotted and within range.
B. The Kurfursts are gonna be useless because having that many Shimakaze torpedo walls coming their direction, even with Hydro going, will be impossible to dodge them all.

BONUS FACT 2: They claim that having carriers spotting DDs put undue stress and negation on torpedo attacks from said DD, but fail to realize that with the potential proliferation of Moskva radar, DDs can't get close enough for effective torpedo attacks anyway without being radared and subsequently focus-fired by 7 people.

BONUS FACT 3: Since the above will be true in most regards, and seeings how all the "nerfs" to the Khaba have been token gestures AT BEST, the most used DD for Clan Wars is going to be the Khabarovsk because even slightly above average Khaba drivers don't use smoke. They run the heal and speed-tank enemies while pew-pewing with their mini flamethrowers at near max range.

Based upon all of the above, here's my prediction for T10 Clan Wars Season 1 fleet compositions:

A. 1x Yamato, 4x Moskva, 3x Des Moines/Henri IV
B. 1x Yamato, 2x Moskva, 4x Khabarovsk
C. 1x Yamato, 1x Moskva, 5x Khabarovsk
D. 1x Kurfurst, 5x Zao, 1x Shimakaze
E. 1x Kurfurst, 6x Shimakaze
F. 1x Moskva/Des Moines/Henri IV, 6x Khabarovsk/Shimakaze

There's little point in bringing anything but the Yamato (lol Overmatch guns) except for the Kurfurst because Oprah: You get a T10! And you get a T10! And you get a T10! EVERYBODY GETS A T10!!!!

The only reason you'd bring a Des Moines over a Moskva would be the fire rate and the longer duration Radar because hey, no CVs so who gives a f*ck about AA. No point in bringing a Minotaur because their smoke will be torpedo central and they have no radar unless they give up their smoke, in which case "Take me down to Citadel City". And also, no CVs so who gives a f*ck about their long-range stock AA DPS of 300+.

The only reason you'd bring Shimakazes over Khabarovsk is for sending out 20km skill walls every 30 seconds non-stop if you had at least 5 of them rotating their launches. Otherwise, why even bother with smoke at all when the Khaba can just speed-tank everything and dictate the terms of the engagements while LOLFIRESPAM'ing everything it wants with relative impunity. Oh, got hit and set on fire? Heal.

:fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm::fish_palm:

Edited by SaintCelestine_WH40K
Typos, missed the part about Minotaur having radar at the cost of it's smoke, and also putting videos into spoilers.
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,937 posts

I am a little disappointed that Clans has been something the Community has been waiting for, for such a long time, but something WG failed to really engage with them about.

Off the Cuff:

1x CV; 3x BBs; 5xCAs; 3xDDs. Yep, 12 ships, an average spread of ship types. I haven't really thought about it and I'm sure many others have much better ideas, but come on:

WG - put a hold on Clan Wars - engage with the community! Don't let it end up being a complete cluster!

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
9,933 posts
14,387 battles

meh,   WG finally acknowledged that CV is not balanced and  basically detrimental to having fair  7v7  match at t10.       Until they make CV equal to other ships,  it will remain this way.   I am very much glad this has happened.      CV is broken class, and  need to be fixed right.       Between over powered premium CV at t7-8  and     over powered IJN CV at t9-10,      you just cannot have fair MM that would not be dominated by CV play.   with 30 member clan,  getting 12v12 is impossibility, so 7v7 is fine.  

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,149 battles

iChase's just salty about no CV since he played 70% of his games during beta in USN CVs. His best performance ships are still CVs.

Having said that, T10 CV in 7v7 is way too powerful. It's basically two CV's fighting each other while the rest of the 6 ships are just fodder.

Edited by NeutralState

[INTEL]
Members
11,058 posts
31,002 battles

If it is really going to be 1 BB, then Conk is probably the better choice -- heal for HE spam, and the UK AP is death on cruisers. Which there will be a lot of. 

[ARMDG]
Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

Unfortunately unless WG does away with the 7v7 idea, you just can't implement T10 CVs into the battle.  They're far too powerful, and if they were in the team loadout would be 1x Hakuryu 1x Missouri 4x DM 1x Gearing (with defensive AA).  There would be absolutely no dynamic gameplay, just everyone huddling together to swat planes down so the CV didn't nuke people one by one.

Members
191 posts
40 battles
Just now, Sirus_Patton said:

Unfortunately unless WG does away with the 7v7 idea, you just can't implement T10 CVs into the battle.  They're far too powerful, and if they were in the team loadout would be 1x Hakuryu 1x Missouri 4x DM 1x Gearing (with defensive AA).  There would be absolutely no dynamic gameplay, just everyone huddling together to swat planes down so the CV didn't nuke people one by one.

Can't put Missouri in since T10 only, it's going to be Conqueror regardless, she destroys AA mounts faster than anything. 

[ARMDG]
Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles
11 minutes ago, CCloak said:

Can't put Missouri in since T10 only, it's going to be Conqueror regardless, she destroys AA mounts faster than anything. 

Meant Montana, my bad.  Conq is actually in a bad spot with CVs around, because her ability to come back from the dead is heavily mitigated by constant torpedo hits.

[MIA-I]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,804 posts
8,674 battles

I doubt Moskva will be anything but a support role due to its low damage output and Khabarovsk gets its butt handed to it by cruisers so as fun as things will get when Khabarovsk is rentable I doubt it would be played much by competant teams. 

Sign in to follow this