Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TwoOfFour

When a BB main discovers he is decent in a CV

6 comments in this topic

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles

Yesterday I thought about a new line to grind. So, I thought it might be fun to try out the IJN CVs since I wanted to prepare myself for the Kaga if I ever get her. On my first game I ended up getting a little over 90k damage. My highest on the Langley was only over 60k. Apparently I'm half decent at CV game play.

Here is the result from my latest game.

Yes it was a defeat, but it was fun.

Its been my first defeat in the Hosho so far. I'm hoping this grind might be a fun one.

Edited by TwoOfFour

[FML]
Members
3,060 posts
13,073 battles

Well done. 

I am terrible in carriers, but since the UK CLs were introduced I've found that I'm not too bad at cruisers too. I'm now also starting to branch out into DDs. 

I think the variety is important to maintaining enjoyment and enthusiasm for the game. 

[SYN]
Members
7,640 posts
13,046 battles

That's solid for a first time. Unfortunately the difficulty level increases very very rapidly in CVs.  Strafes make it possible to loose multiple squadrons in the blink of an eye, the number of squadrons make the micro management much tougher than when you only had three squadrons to deal with, not to mention the AA started getting scary good.

Best of luck too you, but personally I mothballed any CV in my port thats not t4.

[TBW]
Members
8,306 posts
15,099 battles

If you are good at the original Starcraft, Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and such you will probably do quite well. If you don't, just practice.

[HYD]
Members
7,049 posts
4,929 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Unfortunately the difficulty level increases very very rapidly in CVs.

That's what I've experienced as well. Through the Hosho, Zuiho, and Ryujo, I did decently, but ever since starting on the Hiryu, I can't seem to do damage. One cause of this is that the opposing players are better; the other is that the AA starts to get ridiculous from T8 on. Maybe I'm suffering in the Hiryu so much because it has such fragile torpedo bombers, but I think it might just be that I'm not good enough. 

However, I have still managed to maintain a good WR by focusing on spotting and helping my team take caps. 

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles

A big thanks to all of you for your tips and suggestions. It means a lot to me.

Sign in to follow this