Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

The French Cruiser grind has been...

17 comments in this topic

Members
4,875 posts
8,127 battles

damn fun.  Issues with the La Gal but was able to do a lot better near the end and the Algerie took me a couple games but I do like her a lot .  Torp hits (11% on  the La Gal and so far 22% for the Algerie).  Cits to CAs broadside and almost have a 19 pt captain for her.

Did not do great with the German cruisers - love the French cruisers they just seem to fit.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,048 posts
13,073 battles

I have had a similar experience. The Charles Martel has very good AP, been printing cits against cruisers recently. Averaging about 60k damage per game. 

What I don't understand is why I am so much better with the French cruisers than the USN cruisers, given they are fairly similar on paper but the latter also have radar. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[TF-64]
Members
446 posts
15,832 battles

I'm still on the èmile bertin and I want to not like this boat but my performance says it's ok. I dunno, T5 mm doesn't seem to be hurting me on this one like it has with other boats. It's trying it's heart out to change my mind about the line. It may succeed too. 

-Members-
164 posts
4,350 battles

Bought the De Grasse when she first came out and instantly fell in love with her.

Just started playing up through the tech tree line maybe a week or two ago.  I've had other priorities in Warships so I haven't made as much progress as I'd like (only at La Gal now) but I'm loving them so far.

Members
4,875 posts
8,127 battles

I love the Bertin as well (definitely a keeper) - the only one I really didn't care for is the La Gal but had a number of good games.  Even so - I will be selling the La Gal.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,211 posts
3,895 battles

I'm at the DT and it hasn't been a bad ride so far. They're interesting for how early they get regular turrets compared to everyone else.

[FML]
Members
3,048 posts
13,073 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I'm at the DT and it hasn't been a bad ride so far. They're interesting for how early they get regular turrets compared to everyone else.

Yeah, the Friant is borderline OP; more Torps than UK cruisers, even a tier higher, trollish armour almost impossible to citadel, and long range guns that start fires well in turrets that work. What's not to love??

[SYN]
Members
293 posts
11,287 battles

The Charles Martel is a beast I really like her the most so far - Im at the Saint-Louis now but the players at those tiers are better but she's also a good boat - I also bought DeGrasse a good fire starter but like my Molotov better at T6  -  I did keep Friant but sold the rest of the lower tier Frenchies - The whole French line has been pretty competitive - (and fun)

[BOATC]
Members
368 posts
9,535 battles

Henri is amazing, easily my favorite T10 cruiser. Nobody knows how to aim at it. Even if they do the spaced armor is beastly.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
806 posts
7,007 battles

Charles Martel is the highlight of the line IMO. 10 second reload (this is huge), good range, and the first ship in the line to gain access to the improved speed boost (20% increase instead of 15%). What this means is that the Charles Martel has comparable reload speed and base range to all of the T9 CAs, but at tier 8. The skyscraper citadel and the paper thin armor (rudder included) are an issue though.

Saint-Louis is essentially just a fatter Charles Martel with the perks of a being a T9 cruiser (heal and special upgrade mod slot), and Henri IV suffers a bit of overlap with the Moskva. Algerie is where the line starts to shine, but that ship is a bit too slow for me.

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago

[Y0L0]
Members
9,932 posts
14,377 battles

loved algerie and kept it.  love CM  is a keeper.    may not get to t9 for a while.  :D   I also kept t4 (I keep most of t4 cruisers)

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

The french line is really fun, starting at t7 the line is amazing. Tbh the only one that i didnt like was T6 la galissionerie.

I took some months to start the french line, but with that french event i started the line and just stop at T10.

In medium tiers the bad AA hurts them but starting at T8 the AA gets good (at least for self defense).

The engine boost gives a lot of mobility, wich is really good. And the armor os really troll.

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
20,478 battles

I liked the Emile Bertin a lot

La Gal was okay, nothing special

Absolutely hated the Algerie

Didn't love the Martel

I like the Saint Louis a lot

[-K-]
Members
1,150 posts
8,186 battles

I've enjoyed most of the line.  Emile is great fun when in a tier V or VI match.  Algerie was ok, but I never really loved it.  Charles Martel is great so far.  It's so quick turning with the rubber boost mods that nobody can seem to hit it from 12+km.  When you see them fire, just hit the rudder and turn out of the way.  It's super frustrating to shoot at!  I had a match this weekend where I was last boat standing with about 3 minutes left on the clock.  I was down to about 12k HP and kited a Tirpitz and Colorado doing consistent damage while they couldn't hit me reliably.  I burned both down quite a bit but ran out of clock and lost on points...

Members
432 posts
8,180 battles

I like the line. I've managed to do pretty good in all so far but I'm still getting the hang of the Saint Louis.

The Emile Bertin is my goto fun ship. I think it holds up well even at T7. In a T4-5 game it's almost not fair playing it.

Sign in to follow this