You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The grind,the ship grind,the captain skill grind its too much.grinds so slow.

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Abyssofdarkness is the grind.

The captain skill grind and the grind in general is simply horrific without any flags to the point of nope.

Spoiler

I have premium account its not enough by far sonny.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
7,550 battles

The flags certainly helped.  Just finished the grind through the Tashkent to get the Khab.  Stated last weekend at about 20k.  I think I had that ship in my port for nearly a year.  Decided it was just time to grind it through.  Thank you WG for those flags.

[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles

Buy premium ships to train your captains faster, then put them in other ships your are grinding, then obtain free captain xp. In other words.   Image result for american express cardNever enter battle without it.

Edited by knice_destroyer
  • Cool 3

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
14 minutes ago, Capt_Binkley said:

The flags certainly helped.  Just finished the grind through the Tashkent to get the Khab.  Stated last weekend at about 20k.  I think I had that ship in my port for nearly a year.  Decided it was just time to grind it through.  Thank you WG for those flags.

12 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Buy premium ships to train your captains faster, then put them in other ships your are grinding, then obtain free captain xp. In other words.   Image result for american express cardNever enter battle without it.

Im fine just very tired i guess lol thanks.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
9,775 posts

WarGaming has to do something to make money, otherwise they wouldn't be able to develop and update this game. If you play for free (as I do) then you must put up with the grind. I have 686 games in my ARP Takao and also have used its commander when playing the Myoko and Kongo clones; the Takao commander is just now at level 17. Like many things in life, you must pay extra for the convenience of not having to work as hard. For instance, I just put in a French drain at my house, which took me two weeks of hard digging and having to pull up a deck to get to where I needed to lay drainpipe to boot. I could have done it in a couple of days had I rented a ditching machine and hired a few helpers or I could have just hired an outfit to do it for me. However, I opted to do it myself and save hundreds of dollars.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
58 posts
3,075 battles
47 minutes ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

The grind in this game is FAR BETTER than in tanks.  Trust me... I know.

This.  I recently started playing tanks again and it's awful.  Of course I'm terrible so I'm part of the problem. 

[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles

If you want a grind you should try out:

logo.png

WOWS is much more generous with the grind. For one, you don't get flags in WoT.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Supertester
2,054 posts
9,690 battles

Everyone, including me, has at some point complained about "the grind".  Maybe not publicly, but they've complained...  to friends.. family... chat... or even to themselves.  

I'm sure there a few out there who haven't felt it, and have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of every ship from start to finish, but I would bet  they are very, very few.

Some ships/lines/trees are painful, some are better.  But the point isn't the "grind", its learning.  Learning how to play something well, learning what to do and what not to do.  

We've all been there mate, and I sympathize.  But you gotta stick with it if you wanna get to the top, and not be "just another spud".  

If something doesn't work, try another ship or tactic for awhile.  Just don't grind so much you get burned out.

The losses don't help either, especially when you have a great game but your team fails you, or the other side is just better.  It just makes things take longer.

Now I'm rambling.  Gotta get to bed. Hang in there, mate.

:Smile_honoring:

B

• Cool 3

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
2 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Everyone, including me, has at some point complained about "the grind".  Maybe not publicly, but they've complained...  to friends.. family... chat... or even to themselves.  

I'm sure there a few out there who haven't felt it, and have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of every ship from start to finish, but I would bet  they are very, very few.

Some ships/lines/trees are painful, some are better.  But the point isn't the "grind", its learning.  Learning how to play something well, learning what to do and what not to do.  

We've all been there mate, and I sympathize.  But you gotta stick with it if you wanna get to the top, and not be "just another spud".  

If something doesn't work, try another ship or tactic for awhile.  Just don't grind so much you get burned out.

The losses don't help either, especially when you have a great game but your team fails you, or the other side is just better.  It just makes things take longer.

Now I'm rambling.  Gotta get to bed. Hang in there, mate.

:Smile_honoring:

B

Like a mikasa thanks.

[CNO]
Members
5,086 posts
15,960 battles

It's a grind.  But it was also a learning process.  I've run US, IJN, and KM BB lines to T10.  All grind.  I'm currently on the RN T7 BB.  I've run US and IJN CAs to T10 as well, and am at RN T8.  Again, all grind.  

I like to keep a good stock of free XP, so I only use a dab to acquire the main upgrades on each ship (usually a hull upgrade), but grind most of the other upgrades as well as the base.

As for captains, I have several 19 point and a good many in the 15+ range.  I have a good stock of captains skill points which I use to immediately boost a new captain to 6 points.  It's actually pretty cheap to do that.  Good for new ships, as well as jumping back to a lower tier ship who's captain was moved to a different ship.

I occasionally use the boost flags for captains (I have a nice stock and use them judiciously), and have accumulated camo in the hundreds for other boosts. 

There was a point where my ship grind in XP exceeded my coin production.  So I had the XP, but not the coin.  Now, I've got almost 400million coin, so the XP grind is the long pole.  But it really isn't that bad.

I feel the grind time is nicely proportional to skill accumulation.  That is, time spent in the grind should be sufficient for one to achieve the needed skills to move up to the next tier.  Granted, everyone is different....and some move too fast through the tiers.  But overall, it seems like a nice balance, IMHO. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone