You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Ship that that combines the 4 classes into 1 vessel.

9 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
10,257 posts
11,956 battles

Too long have the players in WOWs been divided about what their main is whether it be Carrier, Battleship, Cruiser, or Destroyer. Well no longer because I have found a ship that is all of the above and can unite the WOWs community...

( Hope I do not get in trouble by revealing what is likely one of the big additions coming with the way they keep adding increasingly OP ships)

IMG_8447.JPG.62111f84e8db932753a994611d524b42.JPG

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles

Nahh we only need one ship.  Want  DD detection, cruiser guns and FINALLY adding submarines to the game? 

m0ShUbs.jpg

[SOUP]
Privateers, Supertester, Modder
8,552 posts
10 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Nahh we only need one ship.  Want  DD detection, cruiser guns and FINALLY adding submarines to the game?

And she has an aircraft hanger~<3

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
21,610 battles
45 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

m0ShUbs.jpg

Surcouf isnt it ?  8 Inch guns , with a spotter plane as well iirc ? 

[SOUP]
8,552 posts
16 minutes ago, Swine_007 said:

And enough room to carry sailors fished outta the water. That way they wouldn't have to sit on the surface with folks camping out on the deck.
She was pretty much the ultimate hunter.

[SOUP]
8,552 posts
1 hour ago, Yoshiblue said:

I was wondering when that would appear

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles
10 hours ago, Swine_007 said:

8 x 550mm (22") torpedo tubes

4 x 400mm (16") torpedo tubes

2 x 203mm (8") guns

2 x 37mm (1.46") anti-aircraft guns

4 x 13.2mm (0.52") anti-aircraft guns

Surcouf was also able to service 1 x Besson MB.411 floatplane for over-the-horizon reconnaissance, scouting or artillery spotting work. Artillery spotting worked in conjunction with the Surcouf's 8" main guns for more accurate results at extreme ranges. The floatplane was held in a watertight hangar aft of the sail. The wings needed attaching after the aircraft was rolled out. It could then be lowered into the water and launched as normal. The submarine was also able to launch and recover its own motorboat which was housed in a watertight deck well - useful for boarding parties or rescues at sea.

And if I'm reading it right (I'm still trying to track down the research on it) it could be a contender for the 1st autoloader in Warships, darn French and their autoloaders.  Couple things I've been reading keep mentioning that "The mounts were designed to fire 14 rounds from each gun before their magazines were reloaded." 

*EDIT Nevermind* At first glance I thought it meant something, but after some research I think that's in reference to her overall ammunition capacity, meaning she'd have 28 rounds total on board for the big guns. 

She'd be slow though with a long reload.  Cruisers armed with the 203's were good for 4-5 rounds per minute, Surcouf was rated at 3 rounds.  Maximum Firing Range was limited due to the fact they couldn't get a range finder to sit high enough to see whre the shells were landing, Submarines sit low in the water of course.  But would make for a nice addition, have her spotter plane give her full range of those main guns.  18.6 knots max speed surface, 10 knots submerged. 

Pipe dream, I know we'll never get it in game but she's sparked an interest to me simply because of the unique nature/design.  She'd be a pretty cool ship for Operations maybe...

sources

https://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/detail.asp?ship_id=Surcouf-NN3

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNFR_8-50_m1924.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_submarine_Surcouf

http://www.avalanchepress.com/Surcouf.php

• Cool 1