Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ascinius

Clan Battles

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15
[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles

Does anyone else feel sorely disappointed by the announcement that CVs would be completely excluded from this round of Clan battles? Why go to such an extreme as to exclude CVs and limit BBs? Beyond that, this basically means that the British, AA focused, Minotaur is virtually useless as its drawback of AP only shells is not balanced anymore by its AA gunboat coverage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,428 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

What's your source? I hadn't heard this news.

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/clan-destine/
The portal is your friend. Its also on the launcher, and you get those annoying news notifications in the client now... just saying they aren't exactly making it Code Word Classified Material...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,149
[WOLF7]
Members
12,236 posts
7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

What's your source? I hadn't heard this news.

 

You hang in the forums, it's been discussed to death already today...and you didn't notice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,107
[SYN]
Members
7,622 posts
12,918 battles
14 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/clan-destine/
The portal is your friend. Its also on the launcher, and you get those annoying news notifications in the client now... just saying they aren't exactly making it Code Word Classified Material...

 

12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

 

You hang in the forums, it's been discussed to death already today...and you didn't notice?

 

Yea, not sure how I missed that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,695
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,400 posts
11,508 battles

Was really surprised by how they decided to set everything up in CW... I was sure it'd be the same format as all the competitive stuff they've done so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,582
[SALVO]
Members
22,374 posts
22,802 battles
1 hour ago, Ascinius said:

Does anyone else feel sorely disappointed by the announcement that CVs would be completely excluded from this round of Clan battles? Why go to such an extreme as to exclude CVs and limit BBs? Beyond that, this basically means that the British, AA focused, Minotaur is virtually useless as its drawback of AP only shells is not balanced anymore by its AA gunboat coverage.  

I don't mind the no CV's thing because I think that tier 10 CV's in the hands of very good CV players are extremely OP.  At least at lower tiers, the power of CVs to leverage player ability is more limited.  Also, if CV's are playable, given how devastating one can be if not opposed by another CV, it would, IMO, become a de facto requirement to bring a CV out of fear that the enemy team would have one, because the disadvantages of not having one on your team while the enemy does have one are too great to risk.

 

As for the 1 BB per team limit, I hate it.  Should be 2.  IMO, having potentially so many cruisers is going to make it extremely difficult for DD's, except perhaps for the Khab.  Oh, I suppose that the Gearing or Shimmy could long range torp (in this case, "long range" being just outside radar range of whatever crusiers are in the battle), but that doesn't really seem like a truly effective tactic.

 

As for the Minotaur, it will face the same problem as DD's, the considerable risk of Radar.  It seems to me that the Minotaur can do very well in Randoms when it's able to blend into the scenery and try to get lost in the melee of so many ships.  But in a smaller battle, if the enemy becomes aware that there's a Minotaur in the vicinity, there will be a radar up ASAP and the focus fire on the Minotaur will be intense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,582
[SALVO]
Members
22,374 posts
22,802 battles
41 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Was really surprised by how they decided to set everything up in CW... I was sure it'd be the same format as all the competitive stuff they've done so far.

I wouldn't think of Clan Battles as Clan Wars just yet.  They may be more like Stronghold Battles in WoT, at least as I remember them when I was playing WoT regularly in a clan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
295 posts

Yes, disappointed as it makes the USN AA "flavor" irrelevant and removes a key element of the game. I also prefer 2 BB's.

That said, I kind of understand the CV decision given the current stated of CVs in the game (which should have been fixed a long, long time ago).

Time will tell, but I'm not encouraged so far.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,660
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,275 posts
9,171 battles
18 hours ago, Ascinius said:

Does anyone else feel sorely disappointed by the announcement that CVs would be completely excluded from this round of Clan battles? Why go to such an extreme as to exclude CVs and limit BBs? Beyond that, this basically means that the British, AA focused, Minotaur is virtually useless as its drawback of AP only shells is not balanced anymore by its AA gunboat coverage.  

Disappointed, But I'll survive. You on the other hand, are a much more skilled CV driver, and will sorely miss the opportunity to show off. Commiserations.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×