You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

Suggestion prior to the start of CW

34 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,545 battles

You might want to have a XP conversion sale prior to the start of CW, I'm sure there are plenty of players out there that may want to participate in CW that are right on the edge of getting that tier 10, having a conversion sale would help get some over the hump, and try to have a substantial worthwhile sale, not the usual 35 to 1, why not in the celebration of CW starting make it at least 50 to 1 or even better if you are so inclined. 

I'm sure the masses would appreciate it and ultimately so would your wallets as they would get a little fatter from Gold purchases. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles

Didn't you notice that part of the upcoming Clan Battles thing is to give out 3 tier 10 rentals ( the GK, the Zao, and the Shimmy) for those that don't have tier 10's, so line as you've played in any tier 8+ ship in a Random battle?  

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,545 battles
11 hours ago, Crucis said:

Didn't you notice that part of the upcoming Clan Battles thing is to give out 3 tier 10 rentals ( the GK, the Zao, and the Shimmy) for those that don't have tier 10's, so line as you've played in any tier 8+ ship in a Random battle?  

Nope, did not miss it, fully aware of the program, my idea is simply a way of helping those that may want to own instead of 'renting' and the most important part if WG was to go for it was to give the player base a real conversion sale, one that all would appreciate and make use of.  Now another way of going seeing they are basically going to offer the rental ships over the next three updates is to wait until the end of the overall rental period and then offer some sort of an outstanding conversion sale so that those that have used the rentals can or could by the ones they have tried out and want to own, if a conversion of XP were to help, all the better.  

[WGA]
Developers
1,125 posts
4,260 battles

We've actually held two Free XP sales (one for ships, one for Commanders) in the past two months. There won't be another one for a while. 

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,545 battles
1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

We've actually held two Free XP sales (one for ships, one for Commanders) in the past two months. There won't be another one for a while. 

Yes, you did, one for ships and one that a lot of people got fouled up on due to the wording or perception as to what it really was for.  Either way, mine was just a suggestion to help everyone out now that CW is on the way, but if there is not one for a while, so be it, its okay for the player base to save their money as well and not spend it on Gold to do a conversion.

Thanks for the response.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles
4 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Pigeon, while I like the idea of no CV's in the upcoming clan battles, there is the issue that by not having CV's in them, there will be a lot of players who have ships that are specced for anti-air who may feel the need to respec those ships' captains (not to mention tweak their upgrades) and change them back after CB's are done.  And I have little doubt that the more conspiratorial among us will see this as some sort of subtle cash grab by WG because the Captain respec sale occurred before the No CV's in CB's was announced.

Something for you to think about.

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles

Pigeon, I'm not one who sees it as a subtle cash grab conspiracy.  But I will say that it would be nice if there was a captain's respec sale before and after the clan battles season, given that it was WG's decision to not include CV's in CBs which is going to cause a lot of players to respec their ships away from anti-air builds to something more useful for no-CVs Clan Battles (and back again after the season).

• Cool 1

[_H2O_]
[_H2O_]
Members
144 posts
6,219 battles

Pigeon:

Sat on the fence thinking about clans for awhile, decided to create the clan _H2O_.  I will have to rent a ship since I am not at Tier 10 (nor will be for a LONG time) but I decided to give it a try. I doubt anyone will join me due to my casual play habits but perhaps I can try one of these Tier 10 critters and say, "I played Tier 10".  I am curious.

Tossing CVs and limiting to one BB may not be the best idea but there will be other clan matches in the future.  WG will probably change the Tier, the ships types, etc. in future rounds.

Astrosaint 

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles
16 hours ago, Astrosaint said:

Everyone, this could be fun !  Astrosaint of _H2O_

You don't get it, Astrosaint.  People don't play in Clan Battles/Clan Wars just for fun.  This is serious competition for most of serious clannies.  That's not to say that serious competition can't be fun, but the fact is that we're not "just for fun" types of players.  We're competition is fun, winning is fun types of players.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles

or god forbid  just play your ship with aa spec and not worry about it...   or use all that free elite capt exp u got  from farming 200% win  games in your prems :) with tons of special flags !

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
444 posts
3,706 battles

I think WG should reconsider putting CVs into clan wars. I understand that they are the hardest to master and can leave a heavy mark on a game but tier 10 AA is huge. Hakus planes will melt most of the time and Midway takes so long to re arm and send them back out I'm not sure CVs will be as big of a deal as you think. Plus I think CV mains would prefer to have a go in clan wars even if it is a very taxing and demanding role. However I can see how over powering a CV could potentially be if the opposing CV player isn't as skilled. But WG will never know how to balance the tier 10s until they put them in this kind of environment so leaving out a class doesn't really make sense to me.

Hopefully thou this is also a sign that you guys are hard at work on CVs and don't want an unfinished class being used for the moment. Which I can also understand given that if you try to balance an unfinished class and it changes a lot then that balancing was potentially pointless.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,846 posts
17,412 battles
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Crucis said:

This is serious competition

Probably not as serious for some as for others; how serious do you want to get over a game?

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, QinsCoCoPops said:

I think WG should reconsider putting CVs into clan wars. I understand that they are the hardest to master and can leave a heavy mark on a game but tier 10 AA is huge. Hakus planes will melt most of the time and Midway takes so long to re arm and send them back out I'm not sure CVs will be as big of a deal as you think. Plus I think CV mains would prefer to have a go in clan wars even if it is a very taxing and demanding role. However I can see how over powering a CV could potentially be if the opposing CV player isn't as skilled. But WG will never know how to balance the tier 10s until they put them in this kind of environment so leaving out a class doesn't really make sense to me.

Hopefully thou this is also a sign that you guys are hard at work on CVs and don't want an unfinished class being used for the moment. Which I can also understand given that if you try to balance an unfinished class and it changes a lot then that balancing was potentially pointless.

I have no sympathy for CV mains.  I have no sympathy for any "main".  Play all types of ships and then having one of them limited is no longer a problem.

And BTW, CV's are NOT a friggin' "class".  They're a ship TYPE!!!

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

Probably not as serious for some as for others; how serious do you want to get over a game?

Ask that question of anyone playing college football for the NCAA championship.  Or anyone playing to win the World Series, Super Bowl, or World Cup.  They're "games", too.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,846 posts
17,412 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Ask that question of anyone playing college football for the NCAA championship.  Or anyone playing to win the World Series, Super Bowl, or World Cup.  They're "games", too.

Are you serious or delusional? NCAA, like to GET A SCHOLARSHIP! Or PRO BALL? WHERE PLAYERS GET PAID? Thisn't a game for them, it is a career; you a career World of Warships player? Getting that 6 figure check for your amazing efforts both on and off the screen? Freakin' get real!

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

Are you serious or delusional? NCAA, like to GET A SCHOLARSHIP! Or PRO BALL? WHERE PLAYERS GET PAID? Thisn't a game for them, it is a career; you a career World of Warships player? Getting that 6 figure check for your amazing efforts both on and off the screen? Freakin' get real!

I am serious.  I'm tired of people like you deflecting this issue with nonsense.  You don't like NCAA or pro examples?  What about high school teams?  They take their games seriously too.  One doesn't have to get paid to take one's sport, one's game, seriously!!!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,846 posts
17,412 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I am serious.  I'm tired of people like you deflecting this issue with nonsense.  You don't like NCAA or pro examples?  What about high school teams?  They take their games seriously too.  One doesn't have to get paid to take one's sport, one's game, seriously!!!

You are getting upset because players don't have the properly committed attitude to pretend sinking electronic boats with other electronic boats, and you think I am deflecting the issue with nonsense.

Right.

Oh, by the way, High School players DO have a reward motivation for doing well; cheerleaders, and if you think that isn't a real motivation, then I DO understand why you are SO involved in the game.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,347 posts
22,775 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You are getting upset because players don't have the properly committed attitude to pretend sinking electronic boats with other electronic boats, and you think I am deflecting the issue with nonsense.

Right.

Oh, by the way, High School players DO have a reward motivation for doing well; cheerleaders, and if you think that isn't a real motivation, then I DO understand why you are SO involved in the game.

Oh, puh-leeeeze.

Nonsense from start to finish.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,545 battles

Gentlemen, I started this thread for an entirely different purpose than the one you are using it for, this is not a debate thread or a pissing contest thread, it was started as a suggestion to help others advance themselves within the GAMEAnd that's exactly what it is, it is a GAME.   If it is your choice to take this GAME more serious than others, that's on you.  If it is your choice to play this GAME and enjoy it as a Game, so be it, enjoy!  This is not e-league, its a GAME, this GAME, will not pay your bills or get your house financed or pay for your daughters wedding, its a freakin GAME!!!  Now, stop taking digs at each other, everyone try to get along and go out there and blow stuff up.  Have fun!!! 

Members
235 posts
4,608 battles
17 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

Gentlemen, I started this thread for an entirely different purpose than the one you are using it for, this is not a debate thread or a pissing contest thread, it was started as a suggestion to help others advance themselves within the GAMEAnd that's exactly what it is, it is a GAME.   If it is your choice to take this GAME more serious than others, that's on you.  If it is your choice to play this GAME and enjoy it as a Game, so be it, enjoy!  This is not e-league, its a GAME, this GAME, will not pay your bills or get your house financed or pay for your daughters wedding, its a freakin GAME!!!  Now, stop taking digs at each other, everyone try to get along and go out there and blow stuff up.  Have fun!!! 

Hear, Hear!!:Smile_great:

[_H2O_]
[_H2O_]
Members
144 posts
6,219 battles
14 hours ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Hear, Hear!!:Smile_great:

Agreed.  I have never made money playing this game (or even gotten a t-shirt or hat).  There are no "professionals" with large money contracts on this (at least in NA).  WOWS is just a great diversion.

Very few people play Tier 10.  As a result, this first Clan Campaign will probably have mostly rentals on the teams.  Indeed, per WOWS, most of the players in the game are Tier 4/5 range.  Tier 10 is going to have a great number of players whose experience was gathered at Tier 4.  A Marblehead/Omaha/Murmansk  is no Zao in terms of capability.

Astrosaint

Edited by Astrosaint
Grammer

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
444 posts
3,706 battles
On 10/2/2017 at 2:29 AM, Crucis said:

I have no sympathy for CV mains.  I have no sympathy for any "main".  Play all types of ships and then having one of them limited is no longer a problem.

And BTW, CV's are NOT a friggin' "class".  They're a ship TYPE!!!

Sure if you want to make the game smaller and boring go right a head and exclude more ship classes. Sounds like you have been schooled by some very good and probably very average CV players if you dislike them this much.

Oh and FYI the word "Class" means the exact same thing as "Type" in this instance and you will find that it is used more often in this game and IRL don't be so petty.