You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BeastOfBoston3

█ [PROJX] - Casual Gaming Clan █

40 comments in this topic

[PROJX]
[PROJX]
Members
49 posts
11,269 battles

59d2d6f798404_ProjectXtransparentfont2.thumb.png.a1659f7176635f545561263450dc875f.png

Hello Captains!

I want to present an invitation to all those players out there who can boast decent to excellent stats, but are casual gamers who find themselves playing every so often due to work, school, or whatever life throws at you. We will have one activity statement:

• You must appear online/play a battle at least once every month

Simple, right? One battle to prove that you are 1) active for this time frame and 2) maintaining those skills!

We will also accept and support new players so that they can prosper in the benefits of Clans, as well as gain insightful tips from other members!

Now, of course this may begin to sound like one of the most un-kept clans out there already, but we are NEW. In other words, very few members already. However, there are also benefits to being one of the first in a new clan:

• Position - Proving yourself before there is any competition within the clan to claim the title of "Best (insert title here)". Of course something nice to brag about.
  • Build - Everything started from nothing one day, and one of the best jobs is being a part of it. We cannot do this alone, so feel free to come and help out!
  • Naval Port - This new feature is going to help all clans and their members; it provides nice bonuses even if you have 10,000 + battles.
  • Community - As a casual clan, we aim to maintain a close and welcoming community, free of hateful and disrespectful speech.

We have ranks, rules, and guidelines like all of the other clans, but you will find that they are more orientated towards maintaining a safe and enjoyable community rather than assuming every new player is untrustworthy and must earn their rights in the clan.

If you are interested in joining us, feel free to respond here or send me a PM. Please also note that I may ask for stats or even a skirmish (performed in training) and these directly impact your acceptance. Please do not feel that you are under qualified, chances are you are just what we are looking for, and if not, you still have a chance in being accepted because we look forward to helping players become better!

Want a general idea of our recruitment process? hangglide42 provides some insight:

Applying for PROJX was very easy & not a hassle - You may think that the application process for a Clan is a hassle and not worth the trouble or undue scrutiny of your application.  For very competitive clans, this may be true, but I found the PROJX application very simple and even enjoyable - I just sent a PM w/ the highlights of my game stats (ref: na.wows-numbers), my current play state (i.e. where I am in the tech tree & general Tiers I had in port) and there happened to be some links to a game I played on Youtube for Beast to evaluate.  That's it!   The response I got from Beast was very actually more concerned w/ my expectations from the clan given where I was in my Tier progress - but the clan charter was exactly what I was looking for.

We aren't a clan looking to gain popularity by having an outstanding number of members, but a group of friendly gamers who want to have a clan to call home without all the obligations.

Edit (5/15/2018)

Introducing the Project X Discord Server!

• Discord server up and running! You can now message clan members without having to be in-game or on the forums. The link to this server should be sent to you after your admittance. If not, send me a PM on these forums.

Clan Bonuses:

(As of 8/15/2018 the clan has obtained all lower end researchable discounts!)

• PROJX Casual Gaming Clan:
  • Shipyards are now open for 10% credit discounts for the following tiers! - Want to save on ships like the Minekaze, Kongo, Cleveland, Nicholas, Bayern, Budyonni, Leander, Queen Elizabeth, and La Galissoniere?

- Tier V

- Tier VI

- Tier VII

- Tier VIII

• Research Center open for an additional 3% XP on ships of specified nations! - Grinding that new line and need that much more XP on your grind? Well the following nations receive a boost in XP when part of the clan!

- USA

- England

- Japan

- Russia

- Germany

- France

- Pan-Asia

• Docks available for 10% credit discounts on the following ship types! - Suffering from that high repair costs? A 10% decrease promises to save you plenty of credits!

- Aircraft Carriers

- Battleships

- Cruisers

- Destroyers

More to come shortly!

Edit (5/15/2018)

List of current members:

• BeastOfBoston3 - Fleet Admiral
  • hangglide42 - Vice Admiral
  • Starfender - Vice Admiral
  • Lunar_Guard - Vice Admiral
  • Lord_of_Edgelords - Lieutenant
  • Kelerian - Lieutenant
  • NaCl_E_Strat - Lieutenant
  • cgran341 - Lieutenant
  • DrPotato0315 - Lieutenant
  • Vindrite - Lieutenant
  •  

Edit (10/12/2017)

Want to show some clan pride? The Project X Flag Mod replaces the World of Warships One Year Anniversary Flag with our clan's emblem. Don't have this flag and want it on another? Send me a request with which flag you would like to replace, and I will modify it for you.

Project X Flag Mod.zip

Thank you for your consideration in joining!

- BeastOfBoston3

Edited by BeastOfBoston3

[PROJX]
Members
1,037 posts
21,197 battles

So Many Clans How to Choose...(and Why I Chose This One)...

Hey fellow sailors!  - With the addition of the new Naval Port feature, WG has added some exciting new features that benefit all players, but especially those working their way up thru the Tiers (V-VIII).   Many of us want to participate & take advantage of the benefit of clan membership (decreased ship repair, increased XP earning, decreased ship purchase costs) as well as (possibly) some Team Clan Activities which WG has introduced w/ the Naval Port Concept.  In many cases, looking for a clan that has the mix for you of game benefits, Clan Activities, Scheduling flexibility and game priorities can be daunting.

Here's why I chose PROJX as my Clan and why -

BeastofBoston3's clan charter appears to fit my Clan requirements very well - I am able to play WOWS quite regularly, but scheduling for some of the more Competitive Clans often doesn't fit my schedule and would also interrupt some of my in-game progress goals.   PROJX being a Casual Clan, yet looking for decent, wanting to get better (& progressing players) has the right priority mix for me and hints at some of the larger goals the Commander has for the Clan.

I've unlocked most of the T10 ship lines - why did I join this clan? - The in-game clan benefits re: reduced service costs and ship purchase costs still apply even to those who have "Broken the T8 Barrier".   What I found is that, as I progressed up the Tech Tree, I had sold a number of my mid-tier ships due to port space or just needing silver at the time for the next ship in line.   I'm now wanting to re-buy a number of the ships I had enjoyed playing but had sold as I went up the tech tree - these include ships like the Aoba, Omaha, Nicholas, Kirov, etc.  Though I've kept a lot of the higher tier ships, I gain a benefit of purchase cost on the T5-T8 ships (and servicing costs for all ships).

Startups are a challenge & a feeling of ownership and contribution - I used to do this in my real life career - Startup Companies.  If you're looking for an "instant gratification" fully built Naval Port w/ an intense Competitive Gameplay Clan, this may not be the Clan for you.  But for Casual gamers that want to help build out the Naval Port (& get Clan Rewards), and have good & getting better teammates w/ the priorities outlined by Beast - this is what attracted me to this Clan - it's a feature!

Applying for PROJX was very easy & not a hassle - You may think that the application process for a Clan is a hassle and not worth the trouble or undue scrutiny of your application.  For very competitive clans, this may be true, but I found the PROJX application very simple and even enjoyable - I just sent a PM w/ the highlights of my game stats (ref: na.wows-numbers), my current play state (i.e. where I am in the tech tree & general Tiers I had in port) and there happened to be some links to a game I played on Youtube for Beast to evaluate.  That's it!   The response I got from Beast was very actually more concerned w/ my expectations from the clan given where I was in my Tier progress - but the clan charter was exactly what I was looking for.

I've written a number of forum articles on strategies and tactics in this game listed under WOWS Enjoyment - List of Guides & there was an implicit offer to Beast in my application that I could help contribute to work w/ Clan mates on improving their own game play as they work their way up through the Tiers.  I'm by no means a superunicum player, but I've been approached in-game w/ requests to division for the purpose of helping the requesting player w/ their gameplay, so a learning environment for decent players wanting to get even better also appealed to me.

I hope this outlines my thought processes on why I joined PROJX & hope some of you reading this will feel the same!

Edited by hangglide42
  • Cool 2

[PROJX]
[PROJX]
Members
49 posts
11,269 battles

Thank you hangglide42!

As he has outlined above we do aim to create, uphold, and support a clan that can truly call itself casual. Meaning if you have matters in life that take priority like school, work, or other personal matters, you can still join us and benefit mutually from the in-game bonuses such as the Naval Base and XP bonuses.

You will find other clans that call themselves casual, but they merely mean "non-competitive" meaning they require that you be active quite often and maintain a certain skill level. In Project X we define casual gaming as "Playing every so often, not excessively, and not every other day, but maintaining a dedication to gaming". If this closely defines your ideals of casual gaming, please feel free to send me or even hangglide42 a message in-game or on these forums.

Thanks again for your consideration in joining Project X, hope to see you in battle!

[PROJX]
Members
1,037 posts
21,197 battles

PROJX Casual Gaming Clan - Progress Update!

Shipyards are now open for 10% Discounts! - Want to save on ships like the Minekaze, Kongo, Cleveland, Nicholas, Bayern, Budyonni, Leander, Queen Elizabeth, La Galissoniere?

- Tier V

- Tier VI

More to come shortly!

[PROJX]
[PROJX]
Members
49 posts
11,269 battles

Too bad there isn't a button to do the refreshing... but then I suppose people would just do it for fun, try to become "Forum-popular" lol.

[PROJX]
Members
5 posts
1,973 battles
Spoiler

I like pie. My refreshes shall start getting more creative. :cap_book:

Spoiler

Is this spoiler-ception?

Spoiler

I think it is...