Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

CO-OP made tuffer?

18 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,264 battles

I can only play about 3-4 PvP matches before my frail nerves and weak eyes/bladder need a break so I do play a lotta co-op for fun.  BUT it's tooooo easy.  Ya sometimes the bots win and they do shoot more accurately than many living human players but I wish it was harder to beat them. I am not a puter geek but I know co-op could be made tuffer to win.  Hell I got a puter chess game I can never beat on the higher levels.  

Would you like to see co-op made tuffer to win?  Would WG do this? 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,236 posts
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I can only play about 3-4 PvP matches before my frail nerves and weak eyes/bladder need a break so I do play a lotta co-op for fun.  BUT it's tooooo easy.  Ya sometimes the bots win and they do shoot more accurately than many living human players but I wish it was harder to beat them. I am not a puter geek but I know co-op could be made tuffer to win.  Hell I got a puter chess game I can never beat on the higher levels.  

Thought that was the entire point of Scenarios?

And while some might like it, the vast majority of co-op players probably won't.

If you're really wanting tougher bots, use the Training room, they use the scenario bots there, and they are far more competent than co-op bots.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,358 posts

Whenever you up-level for the first time, co-op beats the snot out of you for 5-10 missions.

Had it happen at tier 7, 8 and 9.

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
421 posts
6,094 battles

If you'll remember, Co-Op used to be quite the easy mode and the AI was seriously tweaked last year so the bots no longer sink themselves.  But there's only so much they can do with the AI and making Co-Op harder will leave WG with a larger pool of annoyed players than those who would like it harder.  The Operations were designed for this very purpose and by playing them more often will encourage WG to take the time to add more and greater variety of Ops.  That being said, tweaking Operations for different Tiers would be great.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,266 battles

There have also been two threads today stating that co-op is now to hard with the inclusion of RN BBs....so yeah.

If you think co-op is to easy you probably shouldn't be in co-op I'd worry more about not feeling stressed in random battles. Most people are pretty bad at this game so there is really no need to put pressure on yourself to perform. Im sure there are games when someone calls you a cabbage potato but you should not let it get to you. You can always disable the game chat and just cruise along. 

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,548 battles

Sometimes though, and I will admit, not very often, it seems as though it should be made easier....now wait, before you all skew me...there are times when the BOTS are absolutely vicious and unrelenting, this past weekend was a prime example, had several losses in co-op....one of them stands out as it was a tier 8-10 battle, full team of humans, half the team were some very well known better players in the game and we got OWNED by the BOTS, we only managed to kill two of them, they wiped our entire team off the map, it was.....stunning and suddenly a wake up call for a couple of the naysayers.

Tuffer...personally, I say yes, just tossing out what happened for humor sake, but it did happen.

Members
9,915 posts
12,361 battles

MAN OH MAN!!!! what the forums would look like if this actually happened....
you think its bad here now.... just make COOP harder.....

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
4,019 battles

That's why Operations/Scenarios exist. To provide a tougher difficulty without affecting the base difficulty of the regular Co-Op mode (which they reiterate is for casual play/new ship testing). They're also eventually getting around to releasing Hard Mode versions of Operations set at higher tiers as well (I believe T8).

Now if you want "hard" Co-Op AI, play at T8+. The AI straight-up cheats.

Granted, some may want harder AI in lower tiers, but WG will not do it for Co-Op. At best, one may see T3 or T4 Operations/Scenarios should WG feel it's worth doing (maybe bite-sized Mini-Ops; smaller maps, smaller enemy forces, but appropriately balanced in terms of difficulty).

Members
4,729 posts
8,264 battles
17 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

That's why Operations/Scenarios exist. To provide a tougher difficulty without affecting the base difficulty of the regular Co-Op mode (which they reiterate is for casual play/new ship testing). They're also eventually getting around to releasing Hard Mode versions of Operations set at higher tiers as well (I believe T8).

Now if you want "hard" Co-Op AI, play at T8+. The AI straight-up cheats.

Granted, some may want harder AI in lower tiers, but WG will not do it for Co-Op. At best, one may see T3 or T4 Operations/Scenarios should WG feel it's worth doing (maybe bite-sized Mini-Ops; smaller maps, smaller enemy forces, but appropriately balanced in terms of difficulty).

Hey I just played operations and defended a convoy. First time playing this mode.  Victory!  Do the results count toward your overall stats when playing an operation?? 

Members
591 posts
16,691 battles
5 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Hey I just played operations and defended a convoy. First time playing this mode.  Victory!  Do the results count toward your overall stats when playing an operation?? 

The only thing from scenario operations that are tracked are your achievements, and progress towards reaching an achievement (e.g. Weather Beaten: successfully complete 50 operations.)

To your original query:  Try running a stock ship (no upgrades, camo, flags) with a 1-point captain.

Members
4,729 posts
8,264 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

The only thing from scenario operations that are tracked are your achievements, and progress towards reaching an achievement (e.g. Weather Beaten: successfully complete 50 operations.)

To your original query:  Try running a stock ship (no upgrades, camo, flags) with a 1-point captain.

TKS

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

wow @dmckay where you been son?! Operation is the place to play... a halfway house if you like, between coop and random. :fish_cute_2:

The only restriction is tier (of course) and you cannot replay the same ship for what, 15 minutes or so? I like it a lot... I think the more you play it the more you will too. GL HF!

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

. The AI straight-up cheats.

If you're referring to their insane torpbeats and Bowtanking skills, they do that at all tiers.

The power of the ships is magnified at higher tiers, though.

[SYN]
Members
5,348 posts
12,624 battles
1 minute ago, aAkula said:

Im sorry, tuffer? 

He wants the bots in Coops to be tuffer, so he can git gooder.

[INTEL]
Members
11,040 posts
30,958 battles
17 hours ago, dmckay said:

Dude, you don't have any ships over T6. Bots at that level are uber easy.

When you play at T8 or T10, you will soon find that the bots always hit, always cit, and their HE always does module damage. Indeed, the impossible cits they get will either demoralize or make you laugh, they are so stupid. It's a completely different game with high tier bots....

Members
4,729 posts
8,264 battles
14 minutes ago, aAkula said:

Im sorry, tuffer? 

Or "tuff" or "tougher".....take your pick! :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this