Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PvtFodder

[RESOLVED] Akizuki Missing Torp Circle

10 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
3,930 posts
6,359 battles

You don't have it checked.

[ARMDA]
Members
8,998 posts
4,290 battles

As far as I know, WG won't let you disable main battery range, concelament by sea, and torpedo

Beta Testers
308 posts
10,789 battles

If I recall correctly, when all your torpedo launchers get destroyed in a battle, the minimap removes the torpedo range marker - for the obvious reason that you don't have any torpedo launchers to count the range of.  Then, when you finish that battle and start a new one, the minimap "remembers" that the torpedo range marker is hidden - and you can't turn it back on.

59c96ea07f178_Minimapoptions.thumb.png.40e927e02fa64f1250364be12853502f.png

The solution is to dig into the "preferences.xml" file.  Find the "minimapOptions" tag, then look for your Akizuki and remove its entry.  In the screenshot, for example, I have secondary range ("atbaRangeEnabled") turned off globally, but Mikasa has it turned on.

(The fancy highlighting is because I use Notepad++.  Any text editor, even plain old Notepad, will do.)

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
123 posts
26 minutes ago, DeMatt said:

If I recall correctly, when all your torpedo launchers get destroyed in a battle, the minimap removes the torpedo range marker - for the obvious reason that you don't have any torpedo launchers to count the range of.  Then, when you finish that battle and start a new one, the minimap "remembers" that the torpedo range marker is hidden - and you can't turn it back on.

The solution is to dig into the "preferences.xml" file.  Find the "minimapOptions" tag, then look for your Akizuki and remove its entry.  In the screenshot, for example, I have secondary range ("atbaRangeEnabled") turned off globally, but Mikasa has it turned on.

(The fancy highlighting is because I use Notepad++.  Any text editor, even plain old Notepad, will do.)

Thanks, that did the trick, changing from false to true and they show back up again.

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles
17 hours ago, DeMatt said:

Nice find, +1 for you. Also saving this for if it happens to me ;)

Sign in to follow this