Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ElvenRed

Land of Fire spawn positions

3 comments in this topic

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
301 posts
9,729 battles

Something I've been noticing about the Land of Fire map is the south team spawn positions.

There is always one BB that spawns alone on the south-western corner, and since B and C are more popular, it has to cross the entire map alone. This is made worse when said BB is a low tier slow one, and there seems to be a frequent DD spawn on the northwest corner, which can usually spot or even torp the BB as it is moving. It also makes this BB very vulnerably to early game CV strikes. Needless to say, this BB is mostly useless for the first 5 minutes of the match as it tries to get into position. When MM is feeling especially volatile, it spawns a New Mexico there... There may be a DD spawn on the south, I don't exactly remember if I have seen it, but it seems to be fairly uncommon as I see this lone BB situation all the time.

I'm talking about this spot here:

Spoiler

Untitled.png.2e3690873ad0fb540b672328c1af42f7.png

I've had some people tell me that they've spawned there in other classes, but I mostly see BBs here so I'll assume this is a BB spawn that gets handed to other ships when there aren't enough BBs.

Suggestions I'd give to alleviate this problem would be:

• Compress the BB spawns towards the center of the map
  • Switch that spawn position for a cruiser or DD spawn, as those can quickly get back in position or influence the team flow towards A
  • Add a few more spawn positions in that area, so the team has a chance to spawn a small group of ships much like happens with the spawns facing C, might need to readjust the north spawn as well

[-K-]
Members
7,068 posts
11,596 battles

Its really painful when you're in a Colorado or New Mexico.

[SYN]
Members
15,394 posts
12,569 battles

It wouldn't be so bad if more ships spawned in that area, but a majority of the ships spawn in central and right, which is all the more annoying.

It's like 60% center, 30% right and 10% left... I mean... seriously.

Sign in to follow this