Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BrandonKF

Has Kongo Play Changed Since It Began?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles

I've been reading a lot of the posts and videos regarding the ship, but since I got her, my performance and my history with the ship has turned me on my side. My average damage is 20,000, my rounds break a lot on frontal shots, and when I close in to 12 or closer I'm getting focused and no one joins me in a push.

 

So am I missing something? Has the Kongo changed in the latest updates for everyone?

 

PS: I have a 3 point captain at this moment, with Adrenaline Rush. Any hints on effective builds?

Edited by BrandonKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,281
[RKLES]
Members
10,199 posts
11,922 battles

Well the RN BBs are fire spitting dragons and the latest DDs have Deep Water Torps, not to mention some addition CVs have been added, other than these things nothing has changed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,482 battles
1 hour ago, BrandonKF said:

I've been reading a lot of the posts and videos regarding the ship, but since I got her, my performance and my history with the ship has turned me on my side. My average damage is 20,000, my rounds break a lot on frontal shots, and when I close in to 12 or closer I'm getting focused and no one joins me in a push.

 

So am I missing something? Has the Kongo changed in the latest updates for everyone?

 

PS: I have a 3 point captain at this moment, with Adrenaline Rush. Any hints on effective builds?

There is no real change in Kongo play, compared to other tier 5 ships she has not really suffered from power-creep, just keep playing her like you do usually. as for your hext two skils? Superintendent, and AFT (10) BOS and Expert Marksman (15) the last 4 are your choice IMO. Also obligatory Kongo gif.

ngawz0h.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,126 posts
12,729 battles

Is there any info as to what type of oil are in those drums? I'm allergic to peanut oil and prefer Canola or Sunflower oil so that I don't have to carry a EpiPen while playing clan battles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
21 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

 

MM sucks for tier 5 ships, but the Kongo uptiers better than most....she still has a range and speed advantage over other tier 5 BBs.

 

..

 

If this is uptiering well, I'd hate to be in a different vessel.

 

49 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

There is no real change in Kongo play, compared to other tier 5 ships she has not really suffered from power-creep, just keep playing her like you do usually. as for your hext two skils? Superintendent, and AFT (10) BOS and Expert Marksman (15) the last 4 are your choice IMO. Also obligatory Kongo gif.

ngawz0h.gif

 

Domo arigato, Akashi-sama.

 

I'll practice on my turning in. I hate firing with only two turrets, but it feels like that's safer to outlast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
858 posts
1,810 battles
35 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

I'll practice on my turning in. I hate firing with only two turrets, but it feels like that's safer to outlast.

Try turning out just enough to bring your rear turrets to bear, fire, and turn back in to keep your armor angled.  Takes some work but you'll get the timing down so that your turrets line up as your reload finishes and while your opponent is reloading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×