You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Clan Information T10? No CV? One BB? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Let's Discuss.

234 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,620 posts
5,744 battles

I don't like this one bit.  Here are my thoughts.

• Cool 7

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,278 posts
8,525 battles

This is basically WG admitting that they know CVs are absolutely screwed up in terms of gameplay and balance. They would never do this unless they were forced to.

• Cool 3

Members
117 posts
1,819 battles

I'm not a great player but I understand the importance CV's play in the meta at high tiers and removing them creates a very stagnant gameplay, DDs will get wrecked with radar and hydro, the two conquerors will spam at each other all game. Why did they decide on 7v7 instead of normal number formats. Just doesn't make sense.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,289 posts
9,113 battles

Some clans are speculating on 1 Mo and 6 Khabs. 
Others are going Yamato and 6 Shimas. 

It's going to be wall o torps. 

Members
117 posts
1,819 battles
1 minute ago, OgreMkV said:

Some clans are speculating on 1 Mo and 6 Khabs. 
Others are going Yamato and 6 Shimas. 

It's going to be wall o torps. 

MO is tier 9

1 CONQ 1DM 2MOSKVA 3KHAB imo

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,316 posts
9,171 battles

Only 7vs7, absence of CVs makes sense, they would be too powerful. (Pity for CV players, but that's life)

Also rules out many AA strong cruisers and bbs. 

Zao rules as usual, Shima suddenly comes back into the game, what else?

Torpedo Spam....

[WG-CC]
1,620 posts
5,744 battles
Just now, MrSoLiDIcE said:

MO is tier 9

1 CONQ 1DM 2MOSKVA 3KHAB imo

The sounds of that is Vomit inducing.  

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,289 posts
9,113 battles

Oops, yeah. 

Sigh, I'm about to get my first T10 (Shima)... The one that I would want to play for T10, I'm only on T6 in that line. It'll be a while. 

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,850 posts
4,861 battles

AA spec'd cruisers (and US DDs) have no place either...

Spoiler

On being negative about new things...some new things truly have negative side for most of its parts, like Planes 2.0...........

[WG-CC]
1,620 posts
5,744 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Only 7vs7, absence of CVs makes sense, they would be too powerful. (Pity for CV players, but that's life)

Also rules out many AA strong cruisers and bbs. 

Zao rules as usual, Shima suddenly comes back into the game, what else?

But they (CVs) aren't.  Watching supremecy league and casting it this past weekend I can tell you that two good CV players going at it adds to the game.  

• Cool 4

[SYN]
Members
15,406 posts
12,596 battles
7 minutes ago, MrSoLiDIcE said:

I'm not a great player but I understand the importance CV's play in the meta at high tiers and removing them creates a very stagnant gameplay, DDs will get wrecked with radar and hydro, the two conquerors will spam at each other all game. Why did they decide on 7v7 instead of normal number formats. Just doesn't make sense.

Gameplay will be stagnant with or without a CV in the match.

• All those flanking maneuvers that a DD can do becomes impossible with a good CV around: Therefore, DDs will stick with the group; stagnant gameplay.
  • Spreading out and covering more ground becomes impossible with a good CV around: Therefore, ships will stick with the group; stagnant gameplay.
  • Ships that rely on islands, which is already stagnant, becomes very difficult with CVs around, making them require smoke from friendly DDs: Therefore, ships will stick with the group; stagnant gameplay.
  • Ships that are grouped together will have no good way of eating at the flanks for juicy broadside action: Therefore, ships live longer; stagnant gameplay.

If you want a fun and engaging game experience, the only real choice is to let the DDs have a cat and mouse game with cruisers.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,316 posts
9,171 battles
Just now, NoZoupForYou said:

But they (CVs) aren't.  Watching supremecy league and casting it this past weekend I can tell you that two good CV players going at it adds to the game.  

I must go and watch those replays. I understood the fear of WG that a fast reaction CV player would scout the map and create a snapshot photo of enemy positions and headings. On the other hand, just what am I saying, the restriction of one BB, makes this sound silly. DDs are hard to scout and track for CVs, while damaging dds and tier 10 cruisers is very expensive, for the CV. You are right, offical arguments don't add up.:Smile_sceptic:

[SYN]
Members
8,032 posts
12,542 battles

There are very few T10 carrier players, and fewer still would be good ones.

Expecting large numbers of clans to have one is perhaps unreasonable, and those that do have one will be at a huge advantage.

Given the disproportionate impact a carrier has, let alone when it's 1 of 7 instead of 1 of 12 ships... I can kind of see WG's logic.

That said, not going with T10 would change things.

• Cool 1

Members
1,719 posts
3,380 battles

So its going to be a Torp, and Fire fest, with some BBs sitting there deleting the enemy team one at a time.... Fun

Honestly my worst fears came true and WG decided to go T10, best option would have been T8 as I believe it has good balance between all classes (CVs Included) and honestly it should be 1 CV and 2 BB limits.

Also teams with 3 or more Mino's, thats disgusting 

Edited by devastator5000

[PVE]
Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles

I just so disappointed by this, I wanted so much to help my clan, No CVs nothing but Tier 10. It makes me wonder if a former CC had it right in their video about Clan Battles/Clan Base, etc.

I do not have a T8-10 so (if I reading it right) I will not be able to help my clan at all, except to get oil.:Smile_sad:

[SYN]
Members
15,406 posts
12,596 battles
7 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I feel that it is stupid that you have a 6v6 and 1v1 going on at the same time.

If I wanted to watch a CV match, why not do 7v7 CVs :cap_book:

[WG-CC]
1,620 posts
5,744 battles
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I must go and watch those replays. I understood the fear of WG that a fast reaction CV player would scout the map and create a snapshot photo of enemy positions and headings. On the other hand, just what am I saying, the restriction of one BB, makes this sound silly. DDs are hard to scout and track for CVs, while damaging dds and tier 10 cruisers is very expensive, for the CV. You are right, offical arguments don't add up.:Smile_sceptic:

I'm getting ready to throw some of the matches I casted up on YT.  The airbattles raging over the caps were good.  Fighters play an important role, as does the spotting element.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
1,620 posts
5,744 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I just so disappointed by this, I wanted so much to help my clan, No CVs nothing but Tier 10. It makes me wonder if a former CC had it right in their video about Clan Battles/Clan Base, etc.

I do not have a T8-10 so (if I reading it right) I will not be able to help my clan at all, except to get oil.:Smile_sad:

There is a t10 ship lending system.  You will be able to "borrow" a T10 for clan play.

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,316 posts
9,171 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

There are very few T10 carrier players, and fewer still would be good ones.

Expecting large numbers of clans to have one is perhaps unreasonable, and those that do have one will be at a huge advantage.

Given the disproportionate impact a carrier has, let alone when it's 1 of 7 instead of 1 of 12 ships... I can kind of see WG's logic.

That said, not going with T10 would change things.

t8, perhaps t9, for a first season. Tiers7+8 also have the most CV options. Hell if they sorted out the GZ tangle, tier 8&4 would both have 4 different CVs, and so lots of possible match combinations. 

Members
1,719 posts
3,380 battles

There is a t10 ship lending system.  You will be able to "borrow" a T10 for clan play.

Yeah 3 ships, with severe penalties to the players like no camo, commander penalties and so on, so a smaller clan with only a few players who have T10s is going to suffer because half their team cant equip camo like the rest of the enemy team.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Yes but if I reading it right, if you have not played a T8 -10 you do not get the ships. I misunderstanding it?

When the season starts, if you played a Random or Clan Battle in a tier VIII-X ship, you’ll get a set of three special tier X ships for temporary use: Japanese cruiser Zao, Japanese destroyer Shimakaze, and German battleship Großer Kurfürst. Some things to know:

Members
1,719 posts
3,380 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yes but if I reading it right, if you have not played a T8 -10 you do not get the ships. I misunderstanding it?

When the season starts, if you played a Random or Clan Battle in a tier VIII-X ship, you’ll get a set of three special tier X ships for temporary use: Japanese cruiser Zao, Japanese destroyer Shimakaze, and German battleship Großer Kurfürst. Some things to know:

Yeah your right, its total [edited] for newer players and/or dedicated players who never got up to T8, you could always buy a T8 prem and then get the lend lease ships but I wouldn't want to spend money just to play clan battles.