You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

GTX 750 Ti to GTX SC 1060 6GB. Software helped find a perfect match.

5 comments in this topic

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I just ordered my EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6 GB!!

The 750 Ti did well for me over past 3 years, but I'm getting into some newer games that will need a little more beef.

Improved performance should look like..

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2187vs3639

On the left side on that site, there's a link (TEST YOUR GPU) to a small benchmark program that will check your pc. It takes less than 1 min for it benchmark.  When it's done, it'll take you to its findings via web and show you how you stack up. It'll also allow you to change your current setup with different things to see how your ratings change. Of course I did about 7/8hrs worth of research from different sources to make sure I found exactly what I needed at my price point, but it was a good start to see what was compatible with my rig. That was really half the battle right there.The only issue I found with this site was the actual pricing of the different GPU's. If you are interested, check it out and see how your rig compares, or are thinking of an upgrade.

I plan on putting this Ti on the Craigslist in the next few days for $60 to help pay for the new GPU. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss the thing.

It gonna be a loooong f'n 4-7 business days waiting on the 1060 to arrive.  Let the hourly check of package tracking commence!!

Edited by Wulfgarn

[LOU1]
Members
3,811 posts
10,407 battles

Wow.  Interesting that it ends up being cheaper than my 750 Ti for the 6GB.

EDIT:  Just checked and $95 is not the price it is actually available for on Amazon.  It is more in the $390+ range...

Edited by ExploratorOne

[POP]
Members
1,289 posts
9,130 battles

I just bought a GTX-1050Ti and it was about $150. I don't do a lot of high end gaming and it's plenty for me. Runs WoWs great with all high settings. 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

Wow.  Interesting that it ends up being cheaper than my 750 Ti for the 6GB.

EDIT:  Just checked and $95 is not the price it is actually available for on Amazon.  It is more in the $390+ range...

The exact one that I bought through Newegg was $260 on sale.

The sale ended not long ago.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814487261

Edited by Wulfgarn