Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SunTsu1971

Unmatched Battles

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1 post
4,017 battles

Is it me or are the tier matches @#$% up.  I have played the last 3 days and I'm too the point I dont want to play it anymore.  The last game I played I was in a Tier 8 BB and there were 4 tier 10 BBs. Not to mention the tier 9 CAs and DDS.  Game before that.  Tier 8 BB.  1 other tier 8 BB and 3 tier 10 BBs. 1 good hit on my ship and game over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[WOLF5]
Members
2,758 posts
3,138 battles

Welcome to T8. That's how the MM works. The good news? Most T8s can handle T10. NC, Bismark, Amagi are all competitive at T10. This isn't T7 where you're top tier most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[O_O]
Members
3,837 posts
17,173 battles

Improvise, adapt, overcome. That's how you get better and remain relevant in a T8 ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,876 battles
1 hour ago, Sock5 said:

Tier 8 is just Tier 5 mk2.

As Obi-Wan would say, that is true "from a certain perspective."  However, it is probably more accurate to say, "Tier 5 is Tier 8 Lite."  That is, Tier 5 started seeing more Tier 7 battles only because Tier 4 got changed to +1 max match making, so Tier 5 now only sees +2/-1.  On the other hand, Tier 8 has always been in the unenviable position where it got +2/-2 match making while its +1 (Tier 9) only had +1/-2 due to the fact that there is no Tier 11 and its +2 (Tier 10) only had +0/-2 since there is no Tier 11 or 12.  I think that there would also be a case for saying that the change to Tier 4 means that there are more Tier 5s for Tier 6 and Tier 7 battles, reducing the availability of Tiers 6 and 7 for Tier 8 at top Tier.

Thus, I think Tier 8 would tell Tier 5, "I was being up-tiered before up-tiering was cool."   :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,876 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

That's the way it works. If you play tier 8 you will face 9 and 10. It make's you learn to be better. 

 

24 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Improvise, adapt, overcome. That's how you get better and remain relevant in a T8 ship.

 

2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Welcome to T8. That's how the MM works. The good news? Most T8s can handle T10. NC, Bismark, Amagi are all competitive at T10. This isn't T7 where you're top tier most of the time.

These are the things to focus on, not the fact that you may see more Tiers 9 and 10 at Tier 8.  You get up tiered at every tier.  It is just the case that, at Tier 8, you are likely going to be up tiered a bit more often due to the unique issues involved with Tier 8 match making (as mentioned in my previous post, the fact that there are no Tier 11s or 12s to drag Tiers 9 and 10 up).

Ships at all tiers are generally capable of handling +2 match making.  The only reason lower tiers get restricted to +1 is that the players themselves are not necessarily capable because most at those tiers tend to be new to the game.

It is harder, but you are far from being useless in a -2 battle at Tier 8.  You just have to learn to play differently at -2 battle than you do when you are the +2, but that is true at every tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[TF16]
Members
840 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, Sotaudi said:

As Obi-Wan would say, that is true "from a certain perspective."  However, it is probably more accurate to say, "Tier 5 is Tier 8 Lite."  That is, Tier 5 started seeing more Tier 7 battles only because Tier 4 got changed to +1 max match making, so Tier 5 now only sees +2/-1.  On the other hand, Tier 8 has always been in the unenviable position where it got +2/-2 match making while its +1 (Tier 9) only had +1/-2 due to the fact that there is no Tier 11 and its +2 (Tier 10) only had +0/-2 since there is no Tier 11 or 12.  I think that there would also be a case for saying that the change to Tier 4 means that there are more Tier 5s for Tier 6 and Tier 7 battles, reducing the availability of Tiers 6 and 7 for Tier 8 at top Tier.

Thus, I think Tier 8 would tell Tier 5, "I was being up-tiered before up-tiering was cool."   :Smile_glasses:


"Ben...why didn't you tell me?"

Perhaps, but I figured as people generally get to deal with the fun MM at Tier 5 first (currently...not before the Dark Times)...it was best to organize them in that way.  :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,876 battles
47 minutes ago, Sock5 said:


"Ben...why didn't you tell me?"

Perhaps, but I figured as people generally get to deal with the fun MM at Tier 5 first (currently...not before the Dark Times)...it was best to organize them in that way.  :cap_like:

That is the "from a certain perspective" part.  Anyone making it through to Tier 8 for the first time :fish_panic: would certainly view it the way you ordered it.  :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
On 9/25/2017 at 8:07 AM, Cooper_Capt said:

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.  

sun tzu

Aw yes, Capt Cooper Sir. also" Be here when you are there and there when you are here." 

"One can not be lost If she cares not where she is."  Maggie Saito.( don't think I will make as big impression as the General.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,208
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,883 posts
17,540 battles
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, Khafni said:

Improvise, adapt, overcome. That's how you get better and remain relevant in a T8 ship.

and if ya can't do that, DUCK!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
On 9/25/2017 at 7:56 AM, SunTsu1971 said:

Is it me or are the tier matches @#$% up.  I have played the last 3 days and I'm too the point I dont want to play it anymore.  The last game I played I was in a Tier 8 BB and there were 4 tier 10 BBs. Not to mention the tier 9 CAs and DDS.  Game before that.  Tier 8 BB.  1 other tier 8 BB and 3 tier 10 BBs. 1 good hit on my ship and game over.

Capt. Tzu, I hope you don't surcease this wonderful encounter, due to a misfortune suffered by the MM.  While I have never competed on the 9th or 10th tier. I have been annihilated by superior vessels and my betters, in this endeavor. I try to learn from the occurrence or if intoxicated I just have another. 

Thank you Capt. Tzu no disrespect is meant here. Besides, I loved your book Art of War. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×