Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Clan Battles news!

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,878
[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,625 battles

Hi guys!

 

News on clan battles was posted on WoWs Asia portal today (likely going up on ours pretty soon):

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/clan-battle-format/

 

Interesting stuff! No carriers, rented T10s, changed up maps, looks like a lot of fun! 

 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

 

Thanks to @ShinanoBB for pointing this out.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[WOLF3]
Members
211 posts
2,809 battles

Good find, thanks for sharing.

Glad I've been working on getting a T10 cruiser then as a backup to my T10 BB. I think there may be a lot of disappointed BB and CV drivers out there. 

It also puts the nail in the coffin for any AA-focused ships. 

The map alterations seem interesting. 

Edited by Dunnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,805
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,382 battles

Only 1 BB no CVs. Dear Lord. Moskva and Hindenburg for DAYS. DDs ofcourse are Russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,423
Beta Testers
4,498 posts
9,987 battles

Smoke meta will be alive and well then.

 

Just be Tons of Cruisers setting in Smoke shooting instead of battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,629
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,795 posts
4,052 battles

Should just be limited to 2 DDs, 1 BB, and 4 cruisers.

 

It will help limit the smoke meta some; since that's trading off one or two cruisers from a heavy hitter like Hindenburg/Moskva/Zao to death by 1000 papercuts Minotaur. And if the DDs are helping with smoke rotation, they may or may not be actively pushing or scouting, leaving the more aggressive team to having a possible advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,476
[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles
6 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Smoke meta will be alive and well then.

 

Just be Tons of Cruisers setting in Smoke shooting instead of battleships.

The cruisers will still have the smoke nerf penalty. Octavian stated it’ll be in by the next patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
39 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Hi guys!

 

News on clan battles was posted on WoWs Asia portal today (likely going up on ours pretty soon):

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/clan-battle-format/

 

Interesting stuff! No carriers, rented T10s, changed up maps, looks like a lot of fun! 

 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

 

Thanks to @ShinanoBB for pointing this out.

u know what I just did made a thread about this and didn't relies u made one... :(

Well nice of wargaming to limit one bb? there are 4 nation and we get 1 bb per team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,878
[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,625 battles
16 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

u know what I just did made a thread about this and didn't relies u made one... :(

It's alright, it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,095
[SYN]
Members
8,034 posts
12,542 battles

Observations -

  1. Carriers are fundamentally out of balance, scouting 7 places at once at 150kt is too different from 1 place at 35kt
  2. Are people going to complain about wanting/needing to re-spec now that there will be no CV? AA builds are a waste of points, even AFT is a waste on cruisers
  3. Knowing that there are no carriers every cruiser will run hydro - making them safer in smoke
  4. The only 'rental' BB is the one with hydro...
  5. One BB isn't much to hunt with torpedoes
  6. No other MM limits? I do wonder what 6 Khaba + Conq would do...

I wasn't planning to participate before, very uncertain now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,859
[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,278 posts
8,525 battles

I like how carriers are so poorly balanced that they literally had the exclude them entirely from the Clan Wars test.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[K-P-M]
Members
1,616 posts
16,058 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

Observations -

  1. Carriers are fundamentally out of balance, scouting 7 places at once at 150kt is too different from 1 place at 35kt
  2. Are people going to complain about wanting/needing to re-spec now that there will be no CV? AA builds are a waste of points, even AFT is a waste on cruisers
  3. Knowing that there are no carriers every cruiser will run hydro - making them safer in smoke
  4. The only 'rental' BB is the one with hydro...
  5. One BB isn't much to hunt with torpedoes
  6. No other MM limits? I do wonder what 6 Khaba + Conq would do...

I wasn't planning to participate before, very uncertain now.

Yeah,sounds crappy to me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
5 minutes ago, mofton said:

Observations -

  1. Carriers are fundamentally out of balance, scouting 7 places at once at 150kt is too different from 1 place at 35kt
  2. Are people going to complain about wanting/needing to re-spec now that there will be no CV? AA builds are a waste of points, even AFT is a waste on cruisers
  3. Knowing that there are no carriers every cruiser will run hydro - making them safer in smoke
  4. The only 'rental' BB is the one with hydro...
  5. One BB isn't much to hunt with torpedoes
  6. No other MM limits? I do wonder what 6 Khaba + Conq would do...

I wasn't planning to participate before, very uncertain now.

how about kurfust and 6 shima = 90 torp spam.... and if they spec like they might be shooting 20 or 16km torps so u could build a wall of torps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,191
[WOLFG]
Members
24,205 posts
6,087 battles
37 minutes ago, Spyde said:

 

Just be Tons of Cruisers setting in Smoke shooting instead of battleships.

 

Will it though? Get an unspotted DD within ~9km of that smoke, and those ships are sitting ducks as soon as they shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,423
Beta Testers
4,498 posts
9,987 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

 

Will it though? Get an unspotted DD within ~9km of that smoke, and those ships are sitting ducks as soon as they shoot.

Moskva's - Des Moines

 

Radar.

 

Get within 9k to detect them.  Great.   They hit Radar and DD gets Focus'd

 

Still doesn't change it.   Only hope is waves of torps into the Smoke.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,191
[WOLFG]
Members
24,205 posts
6,087 battles
2 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Moskva's - Des Moines

 

Radar.

 

Get within 9k to detect them.  Great.   They hit Radar and DD gets Focus'd

 

Still doesn't change it.   Only hope is waves of torps into the Smoke.

 

Yeah, I guess it depends how much radar you have available. You'd need what, 3 radars to cover the duration of a smoke cloud?

 

Be interesting to see how things pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,193 posts
12,403 battles
1 hour ago, Dunnik said:

It also puts the nail in the coffin for any AA-focused ships. 

 

AA focused ships are also secondary focused ships, simply drop manual AA for manual secondaries.

I am not sure about tier 10 and would have liked to see multiple tiers to help keep the game play interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,423
Beta Testers
4,498 posts
9,987 battles

With no CV's you don't have to build for AA.   You do not have to take the AA Buff ever.

Every Cruiser will have Hydro.  So perma Hydro will be going when planned Correctly.

 

We wont see French or British Cruisers.   That leaves Moskva / Des Moines / Hinden.   2/3 with radar  1/3 with super hydro.   Everything Anti DD here.

 

Imagine this.

 

BB - Doesnt matter which.

2x Gearing to Chain Smoke.

4x Moskva  - Its the Friggen moskva.  (radar, Laser guns etc etc)

 

Just imagine 4x Moskva in smoke.. Focusing down the enemy BB.  Moskva's get spotted.  They just start chaining Radar.. and enemy DD's within 10km of 4 good Moskva's is gone.

Sounds like a Fantastic Meta.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
840
[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,785 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Hi guys!

 

News on clan battles was posted on WoWs Asia portal today (likely going up on ours pretty soon):

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/clan-battle-format/

 

Interesting stuff! No carriers, rented T10s, changed up maps, looks like a lot of fun! 

 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

 

Thanks to @ShinanoBB for pointing this out.

No, actually, it looks like cancer. It looked so promising, and they they go and exclude an entire ship class from the only competitive game mode with actual rewards? Are you serious? 

 

We've been waiting YEARS for this, and this is the [edited] show they come up with? One BB per side? Hope they don't want that guy out front, too valuable to risk. It's gonna be a Conqtana and it's gonna sit in the back. No CV? World of Smokecamp it is! There's no incentive to move up, because there's nothing that's going to come blap you in the back if you sit by yourself. 

 

Here, let me tell you every team composition right now, with these stupid restrictions in place:

Conqtana, Moskva, Des Memesx2, Gearingx2, Z52. Change Z for Khabalansovsk on mobility maps. Rinse repeat. 

 

Zao loses effectiveness with nothing to burn. 

Hindy is marginally useful as a tank cruiser, but why give up a radar? 

Baguette only brings mobility to the table... And why take a big target when you could use a small one? 

Shima? LEL. 

Grozzy Grosbourne? Nope. 

Kurfurst? Too big

Yams? Maybe, but Conqtana is better at surviving fire. 

Monty? No CVs, bye bye niche! 

Memetaur? Too squishy even with no BBs

 

Way to meta out 53% of your ship choices WG. 10/10

 

T10 is very well balanced.... Until you start restricting ship classes and numbers. Then you just get copy/paste roster meta from Supremacy. He who hath the most Smokedar™ wins. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,095
[SYN]
Members
8,034 posts
12,542 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

AA focused ships are also secondary focused ships, simply drop manual AA for manual secondaries.

Manual secondaries on cruisers don't seem worthwhile to me, I was thinking RPF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
375
[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

This is poorly designed.

Smoke meta will be too heavy, period.

Hydro will be too common.

 

Rulesets like this also are toxic towards team-based strategy.

CW should simply be TX, 7v7 unrestricted beyond the normal, with even MM removed.
 

Allow the CVs, and make the Hakuryu the 'rental'.

Edited by AirshipCanon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,193 posts
12,403 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Manual secondaries on cruisers don't seem worthwhile to me, I was thinking RPF.

I was including the BB in the AA/Secondary built thinking but for cruisers I am thinking Concealment Expert to be harder to find when not shooting. RPF is extremely situational but might be worth while on a couple of ships as two working together can triangulate the hidden ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[K-P-M]
Members
1,616 posts
16,058 battles
8 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

No, actually, it looks like cancer. It looked so promising, and they they go and exclude an entire ship class from the only competitive game mode with actual rewards? Are you serious? 

 

We've been waiting YEARS for this, and this is the [edited] show they come up with? One BB per side? Hope they don't want that guy out front, too valuable to risk. It's gonna be a Conqtana and it's gonna sit in the back. No CV? World of Smokecamp it is! There's no incentive to move up, because there's nothing that's going to come blap you in the back if you sit by yourself. 

 

Here, let me tell you every team composition right now, with these stupid restrictions in place:

Conqtana, Moskva, Des Memesx2, Gearingx2, Z52. Change Z for Khabalansovsk on mobility maps. Rinse repeat. 

 

Zao loses effectiveness with nothing to burn. 

Hindy is marginally useful as a tank cruiser, but why give up a radar? 

Baguette only brings mobility to the table... And why take a big target when you could use a small one? 

Shima? LEL. 

Grozzy Grosbourne? Nope. 

Kurfurst? Too big

Yams? Maybe, but Conqtana is better at surviving fire. 

Monty? No CVs, bye bye niche! 

Memetaur? Too squishy even with no BBs

 

Way to meta out 53% of your ship choices WG. 10/10

 

T10 is very well balanced.... Until you start restricting ship classes and numbers. Then you just get copy/paste roster meta from Supremacy. He who hath the most Smokedar™ wins. 

Well said sir! +1:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×