Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

To Nelson, or not?

34 comments in this topic

Members
2,783 posts
10,765 battles

So, with all these anniversary flags I got to 375k free XP in no time.  Already have the Missouri, and as far as tier 7 I already own Scharnhorst and Belfast.  I got to tier 10 in all of the brunches I was playing, so I don't really have anywhere to spend this free XP...  Having said all that, I don't really feel like dumping 375k on another mothballed port queen.  Is that a ship worth picking up?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles

Read LWM's review, and see what you think.  I've got it now, and it's interesting. Of course, I'm a collector type who will sometimes play a ship *because* it's not 'the best ship'.

YMMV.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,433 battles

It's a pretty fun ship honestly, but if you have all that stuff already plus the Frexp sitting around and you're asking if you want the ship or not, I think you're probably answering your own question right there.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,321 posts
6,400 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I have made over 1 million with her in a battle with 20% credit signal.

With premium and how much damage?

[SF-A]
Members
3,156 posts
6,819 battles

Sure! I'm saving for it just because it's kind of an odd duck, and I like odd ducks. (And ducks in general)

You should also ask yourself what you'd use the FXP on instead and whether that's more valuable.

[TBW]
Members
8,306 posts
15,099 battles
4 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

With premium and how much damage?

I don't recall but I think I capped 2 bases. Yes with premium, it also might have been a 3x weekend ,she doesn't make as much as Mighty Mo though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[O_O]
Members
3,839 posts
17,173 battles

If I can resist the urge to use the FXP for captain's points I will likely get the Nelson just because it is an odd duck. But I just don't know...

[WOLFB]
Members
2,951 posts
12,465 battles

This ship is the king when it comes to farming Dreadnought, Fireproof or even the achievement when you survived after a long flooding.

Members
120 posts
14,668 battles

It's good if u know how to play the Iowa class bbs before the buff.  I like it but it's not overpowered etc. I'd say if you're saving the xp dont if u like odd ships then buy it.

[HINON]
Members
6,400 posts
9,759 battles

Do, she's a good ship, im easily able to get near 100k damage each game or over 100k each game with her, those guns hit like trucks i tell you, just.....never, EVER, be on the front lines, she is NOT a front line battleship with how high that citadel sits out of the water, she's more a support battleship, she's become the pride and joy of my fleet in game so far

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
2,783 posts
10,765 battles

I have nothing to spend free XP on right now, but I have a feeling WG may decide to offer something like Musashi for an obscene amount of free XP at some point...

Members
2,783 posts
10,765 battles
3 minutes ago, ksix said:

With Musashi and MA reveals I wouldn't spend any FXP.

What is this MA reveal, did I miss something?

[SIM]
Members
4,028 posts
6,895 battles

The guns bite deep, and the heal is incredibly trollish. She slugs it out with other battleships well, and wrecks CAs. On the other hand, DDs wreck her, as do torpedo bombers. I find her to be competitive in her element, and very fun to play. If you've got the FXP to burn and want a punchy RN BB, then I'd recommend her.  

[HINON]
Members
6,400 posts
9,759 battles
1 minute ago, Veksha said:

What is this MA reveal, did I miss something?

apparently so, i had no idea about Massachusetts either till a few days ago

[HINON]
Members
6,400 posts
9,759 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

The guns bite deep, and the heal is incredibly trollish.

yes and yes, that heal has saved me so many times, as someone said on another thread, Nelson should have a zombie camo, because thats basically what Nelson is with that heal

[WOLF3]
Members
22,010 posts
20,299 battles

The ship is good, IMO but it's a very, very quirky boat.  The guns are nice, the armor is circumspect, the speed is slow, but you got Mega Repair.  It's a ship of contradictions as a BB.  I like her, but she's not for everyone.  For a Premium she's actually unforgiving if you don't have your survival fundamentals down, even for a BB.  But if you know how to milk survival in a flimsy ship, know how to hide the weakness of slow speed, and leverage gunnery, then you'll do fine in Nelson.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,490 battles
21 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

yes and yes, that heal has saved me so many times, as someone said on another thread, Nelson should have a zombie camo, because thats basically what Nelson is with that heal

Maybe for a special Halloween Collection? 

[FOXEH]
Members
1,699 posts
7,276 battles
58 minutes ago, Veksha said:

So, with all these anniversary flags I got to 375k free XP in no time.  Already have the Missouri, and as far as tier 7 I already own Scharnhorst and Belfast.  I got to tier 10 in all of the brunches I was playing, so I don't really have anywhere to spend this free XP...  Having said all that, I don't really feel like dumping 375k on another mothballed port queen.  Is that a ship worth picking up?

What else are you going to do with that free xp?  

Members
4,155 posts
15,647 battles
22 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

What else are you going to do with that free xp?

I saw a Nelson get shredded by a Hood and I've creamed one with Scharnhorst. I'd rather use the XP to train Captains.

[SIM]
Members
4,028 posts
6,895 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

That zombie camo idea was mine, actually :cap_haloween:

[SIM]
Members
4,028 posts
6,895 battles
16 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I saw a Nelson get shredded by a Hood and I've creamed one with Scharnhorst. I'd rather use the XP to train Captains.

Nelson getting beaten by a Hood is surprising, because the Hood usually has an uphill climb against the Nelson. I've turned more than a few Schsrnhorsts inside out with the Nelson, but at very close range it becomes a struggle.

Sign in to follow this