You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nemesis70

I'm so tired...

20 comments in this topic

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,690 battles

This is a window into my soul...

Spoiler

5d9o8Q9.png

TGisfRC.png

mt7dBA6.png

GdoLEWO.png

uUhvSHx.png

I decided I want to play ships today. I played some Divs but wanted to go solo so I took my conqueror...

I have 12 other screenshots of 200k losses and only 2 other 200k wins...

Just why...

its the weekend I understand but pls...there's only so much I can do...

glob-has-forsaken-me-oh-well-i-dont-beli

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,395 posts
22,810 battles

Great games, Combined.  But the reality is that for every team of players that loses, there's a team of players that wins.  And your chances of ending up on the "other" team are pretty much 50/50.  It sounds like you're almost ticked off that you didn't end up on the "better" team.  Not to rip you or anything, but don't you think that that sounds a little self-entitled, like somehow YOU deserve to be on the "better" teams?  What makes you any more special than any other player who'd like to be on a "better" team?

Anyways, GL with any additional battles you may fight tonight.  :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,115 posts
3,732 battles

Yeah, it's been a weird weekend. We had a 35% win rate after 14 games last night. And it wasn't like we were just getting swept. It was all 3 of us having SUPER good games, like 200k like you, and then having our team bumble around away from caps all game long until it was too late. I mean BBs from the south team, sailing all the way north, Lions at full HP, all the way in back at battles end. All kinds of stuff like that. Just people AVOIDING the cap circles.

I don't mind losing when we do everything we can, and just get beat by a better team. I hate losing when players decide winning isn't part of their play style.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Weekends can be very weird.  I have had some great weekends but the greatest number of losses I have had in a row (my record numbers) have just about all been on weekends.  Can be a dice roll. Odd. Don't really like playing on weekends. Too unpredictable and you can do GREAT and still get steamrolled.....that's a bummer.

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,690 battles
45 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Great games, Combined.  But the reality is that for every team of players that loses, there's a team of players that wins.  And your chances of ending up on the "other" team are pretty much 50/50.  It sounds like you're almost ticked off that you didn't end up on the "better" team.  Not to rip you or anything, but don't you think that that sounds a little self-entitled, like somehow YOU deserve to be on the "better" teams?  What makes you any more special than any other player who'd like to be on a "better" team?

Anyways, GL with any additional battles you may fight tonight.  :Smile_great:

Yeah I see what your saying, I didn't mean to make it sound like I "deserved" to win or that I am entitled to be on the better team. I just get like every other salty captain and start getting philosophical, asking "why?"

It's just like, I'd rather get a win and only do avg (or even below avg) than 200k and end with a loss. Its better imo to walk away with a W for the whole team than one person to say he did good. Matches like these are bittersweet whereas wins are just sweet. 

27 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

It could also just be a case of "couldn't quite carry hard enough."

If I was in a 2 or 3 man div maybe, but I find carry potential when playing solo is extremely difficult. With complete randoms, I see it less as carrying and more as trying to help your team see what you see is the best course (i.e. focus fire, capping, pushing, etc). In that regard, the radial command wheel is my best friend in solo play.

If this was WoT maybe...

17 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

oh noes

poor flavor of the month HE spamming stealth BBaby lost some games

how terrible 

I guess its a good thing I'm not a BBaby. *shrugs*

8 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Great games man. Sorry about the win rate...we all go through streaks like that. Sucks while your in one, but it will turn around... :cap_like:

Yeah I'm sure if I play again soon, it'll get better. It's just when you're in the midst of it and you want to end above 50%, you just feel despair...

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

[SALVO]
Members
22,395 posts
22,810 battles
14 minutes ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

Yeah I see what your saying, I didn't mean to make it sound like I "deserved" to win or that I am entitled to be on the better team. I just get like every other salty captain and start getting philosophical, asking "why?"

It's just like, I'd rather get a win and only do avg (or even below avg) than 200k and end with a loss. Its better imo to walk away with a W for the whole team than one person to say he did good. Matches like these are bittersweet whereas wins are just sweet. 

Well, one thing to consider is that it seems fairly common that good players have great games in losses because you're probably constantly fighting at a numerical disadvantage, which also just happens to mean that there are fewer team mates contending for your enemy's HPs.  In winning games, your team mates would probably be sharing the enemy's HP more evenly.  At least this seems to happen quite often in wins and losses.

[HELLS]
Members
2,297 posts
21,945 battles

For the 1st time in months, I am in plus numbers for weekend play, and even managed a couple of decent carries, so I can sympathize. Been there, done that, know how it feels....:cap_old:

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,690 battles
9 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

It's easier to do a lot of damage when your team isn't doing much.

6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, one thing to consider is that it seems fairly common that good players have great games in losses because you're probably constantly fighting at a numerical disadvantage, which also just happens to mean that there are fewer team mates contending for your enemy's HPs.  In winning games, your team mates would probably be sharing the enemy's HP more evenly.  At least this seems to happen quite often in wins and losses.

You're both right. Damage numbers can/are inflated in loses.

I guess my gripe here is I wish my "110%" was everyone else's 110%. Yeah I know its foolish to think of but when you get that one Fletcher, Des Moines, or Hindenburg who's putting out the same performance as you, you know its possible. If there was just one or two more guys who can even do half the dmg shown here, then you have a chance. I know every player is different but a man can dream right?

But when I'm at that 5 min mark my team is down by 4 or 5 ships, someone's calling me a coward, or some guy is fleeing for the corner of the map, I'm just so demoralized. I just want to believe in my team, I've seen "potato" teams beat the "better team." Its great when it happens but when I go 3/16 like that and I'm putting in that much effort, I just want to walk away with a W. I want the cliche positive correlation: if I do better than I'll win more. But this is a team game after all...

At the end of the day, 200k doesn't mean anything to me if my team didn't win. It just feelsbadman. But like others have said, its a 50/50 when you play a match. I guess I'm just salty I managed to roll L one too many times and the numbers put up just heighten that aggravation...

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

At one stage throughout the weekend I was at 10% winrate, I feel your pain. 

[TROY]
Members
212 posts
2,936 battles

I don't have one myself but from what I have seen the Conqueror has a really hard time trying to carry a team.  You can do a lot of raw damage but if a lot of it is from fire and you don't get a lot of hard kills then you really are not doing much for your team.

This is one of the reasons I don't see the Conqueror as the blatantly OP ship that most people seem to think it is.  A Nikolai can carry a fail team even when up-tiered because it can put down opponents permanently, the Conqueror lights them on fire which is at least mostly repairable for all battleships and cruisers at T10.  Other BBs using AP nuke cruisers in one or two salvos, the Conquerors I have seen like to fire HE which hurts but is hardly a one shot kill on cruisers.  It p*sses BB players off to no end but I love seeing them firing HE when I play my Baltimore now.

[SALVO]
Members
22,395 posts
22,810 battles
3 hours ago, biggie1447 said:

I don't have one myself but from what I have seen the Conqueror has a really hard time trying to carry a team.  You can do a lot of raw damage but if a lot of it is from fire and you don't get a lot of hard kills then you really are not doing much for your team.

This is one of the reasons I don't see the Conqueror as the blatantly OP ship that most people seem to think it is.  A Nikolai can carry a fail team even when up-tiered because it can put down opponents permanently, the Conqueror lights them on fire which is at least mostly repairable for all battleships and cruisers at T10.  Other BBs using AP nuke cruisers in one or two salvos, the Conquerors I have seen like to fire HE which hurts but is hardly a one shot kill on cruisers.  It p*sses BB players off to no end but I love seeing them firing HE when I play my Baltimore now.

I don't know if the Conq is truly OP or not.  What I will say is that its damage is more DoT (damage over time), rather than major alpha strikes that can knock out an enemy quickly.  It can take a while for a Conq to burn down an enemy.  A lot longer than if a different BB were to nail you for multiple citadels with AP rounds.  A good Conq player can certainly pile up a ton of damage with all those fires.  But as you point out, if you don't kill those enemies, they have a chance to heal back a lot of that fire damage... which in some ways is good for the Conq player's production, because he can just farm those HPs all over again. 

[SALVO]
Members
22,395 posts
22,810 battles
4 hours ago, Noone_You_Know said:

And this is why winrate means absolutely nothing. Too dependant on 11 other people for it to be a meaningful stat.

WR is not meaningless.  As dependent as you are on the other players on the team, over the long haul, your actions aimed at winning battles will pile up and average out.  And better players will have better WRs.

[SALVO]
Members
22,395 posts
22,810 battles
5 hours ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

You're both right. Damage numbers can/are inflated in loses.

I guess my gripe here is I wish my "110%" was everyone else's 110%. Yeah I know its foolish to think of but when you get that one Fletcher, Des Moines, or Hindenburg who's putting out the same performance as you, you know its possible. If there was just one or two more guys who can even do half the dmg shown here, then you have a chance. I know every player is different but a man can dream right?

But when I'm at that 5 min mark my team is down by 4 or 5 ships, someone's calling me a coward, or some guy is fleeing for the corner of the map, I'm just so demoralized. I just want to believe in my team, I've seen "potato" teams beat the "better team." Its great when it happens but when I go 3/16 like that and I'm putting in that much effort, I just want to walk away with a W. I want the cliche positive correlation: if I do better than I'll win more. But this is a team game after all...

At the end of the day, 200k doesn't mean anything to me if my team didn't win. It just feelsbadman. But like others have said, its a 50/50 when you play a match. I guess I'm just salty I managed to roll L one too many times and the numbers put up just heighten that aggravation...

I know the feeling, Combined.  Was playing tonight with a clannie in a division, and we had a bad run of bad teams that were just terrible.  You can't fix stupid.  All you can do is to do your best and try to farm as much XP and credits out of the loss as possible, and move on.