Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fastwolf66

"do not collect" collection?

33 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
283 posts
10,692 battles

Just curious, there is an option to "do not collect" the collections... in which case would we do that?

Regards

[PVE]
Members
17,129 posts
10,908 battles
9 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Just curious, there is an option to "do not collect" the collections... in which case would we do that?

Regards

Why? You get free T8 camo which cost 3k gold apiece. Once you start collection duplicates, you get 15k silver for each one that you don't turn in to complete a collection. It's free stuff. I don't have any of the T8's, but the camo won't go bad waiting for the ships.

• Cool 1

Members
4,886 posts
8,152 battles
17 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Regards

Nope - no reason to do that if you could.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,750 posts
15,534 battles
45 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Why?

Some people just don't like free stuff.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
Members
6,363 posts

I've got 3 out of the 5 camo's on my second account, and I'm barely into tier 6.  Just 3 more days (2 double-kill co-op missions each)

You also get an anniversary flag that gives you free repairs on tier 1 ships, and free torpedoes on the Campbeltown.

[O_O]
Members
5,595 posts
12,708 battles
2 hours ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Just wanted to point out the OP is asking WHY someone would use the option...he isn't asking for the ability to opt out of the collection rewards.

I read it wrong the first time, and some of the responses seem to indicate I wasn't the only one.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles
12 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I've got 3 out of the 5 camo's on my second account, and I'm barely into tier 6.  Just 3 more days (2 double-kill co-op missions each)

You also get an anniversary flag that gives you free repairs on tier 1 ships, and free torpedoes on the Campbeltown.

You do know you can buy you can buy the ones missing at 2 duplicates each, btw, right?

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Some people just don't like free stuff.

some people like to swim upstream lol :Smile_amazed:

[GWG]
Members
6,363 posts
41 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

You do know you can buy you can buy the ones missing at 2 duplicates each, btw, right?

Yeah, but I like being a cheapskate every once and a while.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Yeah, but I like being a cheapskate every once and a while.

Of course, that's your affair.  Just making sure it was mentioned!

[SYN]
Members
5,380 posts
12,629 battles
1 hour ago, Pata1985 said:

some people like to swim upstream lol :Smile_amazed:

Others like ice skating uphill.

[WOLF5]
Members
752 posts
27,603 battles
8 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Why? You get free T8 camo which cost 3k gold apiece. Once you start collection duplicates, you get 15k silver for each one that you don't turn in to complete a collection. It's free stuff. I don't have any of the T8's, but the camo won't go bad waiting for the ships.

Camo's not quite the same since the Congratulatory camo gives the standard -3% detect / 4% dispersion but gives 50% commander xp and Free Xp instead of -10% service cost and 50% XP that Permanent yields. 

[PVE]
Members
17,129 posts
10,908 battles
44 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Camo's not quite the same since the Congratulatory camo gives the standard -3% detect / 4% dispersion but gives 50% commander xp and Free Xp instead of -10% service cost and 50% XP that Permanent yields. 

Still doesn't change the fact that it is free permanent camo.

[SYN]
Members
335 posts
13,682 battles

I suspect the button is for when you want to collect a different collection instead.  Currently the Yamamoto collection is the only one collected through containers, but if they release more you should be able to choose which one to work towards first.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,224 posts
10,961 battles
31 minutes ago, bremen_ said:

I suspect the button is for when you want to collect a different collection instead.  Currently the Yamamoto collection is the only one collected through containers, but if they release more you should be able to choose which one to work towards first.

That would be my guess too.

[WOLF5]
Members
752 posts
27,603 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Still doesn't change the fact that it is free permanent camo.

Not saying it wasn't worth it. I'm simply stating the bonuses are different. Think of it this way, they're giving you permanent Zulu Hotel (6k cred sale price) and 1/6 Papa Papa (1k) instead of Equal Speed Charlie London (12K) and Zulu Hotel (6k). Since WG values those bonuses differently, the doubloon value of the Congrats camo isn't 3k, maybe 2k - 2.25k.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,363 posts
15 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Not saying it wasn't worth it. I'm simply stating the bonuses are different. Think of it this way, they're giving you permanent Zulu Hotel (6k cred sale price) and 1/6 Papa Papa (1k) instead of Equal Speed Charlie London (12K) and Zulu Hotel (6k). Since WG values those bonuses differently, the doubloon value of the Congrats camo isn't 3k, maybe 2k - 2.25k.

And for those of us who have already ground through some of those lines... 

We don't need ship XP anyway, so the Free XP boost is more valuable than the purchased perma-camo.

Last night, I spent 8.9M credits to get the New Orleans back. 

Still need another 5-7M credits to buy the modules and upgrades.  Also need to train the 8 point spare Farragut captain.

Should generate a few units of oil while grinding all this on the Missouri/Indianapolis/Marblehead/Arizona/Texas/Alabama.

[SYN]
Members
293 posts
11,296 battles
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

We don't need ship XP anyway, so the Free XP boost is more valuable than the purchased perma-camo.

Still need another 5-7M credits to buy the modules and upgrades.  Also need to train the 8 point spare Farragut captain.

Should generate a few units of oil while grinding all this on the Missouri/Indianapolis/Marblehead/Arizona/Texas/Alabama.

you can buy back ships at the price you sold them for if you submit a ticket - (4 per ticket per year i believe) 

[GWG]
Members
6,363 posts
1 hour ago, chopshop64 said:

you can buy back ships at the price you sold them for if you submit a ticket - (4 per ticket per year i believe) 

I don't sell premium ships,  New Orleans is not Premium.  The New Orleans was one real hateful bucket for me.

Like the Pensacola was last year, just don't get shot at from any angle, and you'll be OK.

They've 'fixed' the armor since then.  I was getting half my health wiped out by one Cleveland salvo to the nose, or being beaten to death by Fletcher 5" AP.  The Russian destroyers were absolute terrors.  Every ship on the map could kill you -- EASILY.

When I finally got to the Baltimore:  Man, it was nice to have working armor again.

[SYN]
Members
293 posts
11,296 battles
10 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I don't sell premium ships,  New Orleans is not Premium.  The New Orleans was one real hateful bucket for me.

Like the Pensacola was last year, just don't get shot at from any angle, and you'll be OK.

They've 'fixed' the armor since then.  I was getting half my health wiped out by one Cleveland salvo to the nose, or being beaten to death by Fletcher 5" AP.  The Russian destroyers were absolute terrors.  Every ship on the map could kill you -- EASILY.

When I finally got to the Baltimore:  Man, it was nice to have working armor again.

Is it only premiums you can buy back? I thought it was any ship? please advise - yeah i sold Pensacola but want it back now that Im a little better at playing, I have all of them above Pensacola and all are good boats - (with caveats)

(we might have just hijacked this thread) (start new topic)

Edited by chopshop64

[-K-]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

As mentioned before, it's to give the option to focus on one collection when you could have multiple being collected from the same source. It's not necessary for now, but it's there in the infrastructure for when this situation might crop up.

I was sort of hoping that it applied to the different sections within the collection so I could shut off those that I've completed (only have the ships one done in the Yamamoto collection right now), but unfortunately it's only for the full collection.

[WOLF5]
Members
752 posts
27,603 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Actually, the net Free XP is the same for the Congrats vs Permanent Camo. With Perm, the 1.5x ship XP yields the same free XP boost. The difference is with Perm, you get 10% off which at T-VIII is 7,500 silver per game. 

Now if you're one of those people that converts elite XP to free XP, then ship XP is more valuable than commander XP. . 

Edited by h9k_a
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,595 posts
12,708 battles
55 minutes ago, chopshop64 said:

Is it only premiums you can buy back? I thought it was any ship? please advise - yeah i sold Pensacola but want it back now that Im a little better at playing...

Pensacola is in the tech tree.  Of course you can buy it back if you have it researched.  No need for a help ticket for that.

Having to submit a ticket to get a ship back only applies to premiums, because they are either obtained by cash or reward, and may no longer be available in the tech tree (or anywhere).

Sign in to follow this