You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

The Kii trap

67 comments in this topic

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles

Hey

Still trying desperately to like the Kii but I just can't.  Played one game managed only about 40K and the next game I was bottom tier in a T9/10 game and played as carefully as I could but managed just under 25K before getting deleted.  If this is how much of the Japanese line plays, then I want NO part of it.  The guns are not dependable in accuracy (German are better if that says anything) and when the shells do hit, they do very little damage.  The ships only good thing is the AA but that doesn't overcome it garbage nature.  It's needs serious help to being a legitimate T8 BB IMHO.  Do not recommend buying if you are looking for a decent T8 BB, better off buying Alabama or Tirpitz.

Pete

[CVA16]
Members
2,947 posts
10,698 battles
46 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

If this is how much of the Japanese line plays, then I want NO part of it.

Well, I don't think the whole line plays that way. Yamato has the most accurate BB guns at T10 and the definitely hurt when you hit. And you can improve them with the Legendary Mod. You want wonky accuracy, try the French.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles
9 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Well, I don't think the whole line plays that way. Yamato has the most accurate BB guns at T10 and the definitely hurt when you hit. And you can improve them with the Legendary Mod. You want wonky accuracy, try the French.

Hey

I am playing the French line including T10 and premium GasCogne and they are ALL sooooo much better than the Kii in every way.  The Richelieu, GasCan, are far superior ships at T8 than the Kii from concealment, gunnery, ship handling, armor, secondaries and not much less in AA, they are just better overall.

Pete

[CVA16]
Members
2,947 posts
10,698 battles
44 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

I am playing the French line including T10 and premium GasCogne and they are ALL sooooo much better than the Kii in every way

Woah. Haven't played the Kii but figured I couldn't be worse than the French where the aim point is the only spot on the map you can be sure none of your shells will land. Only up to the Alsace myself.

[O_O]
Members
797 posts
5,125 battles

I started this post with the intention of proving categorically that Kii did not need a buff and was performing just fine.  Turns out, I may be wrong.

Kii is performing statistically below average for a Tier VIII battleship.  These numbers are NA only.

• 9/12 Battles played.  Ahead of Roma, Gascogne and Alabama ST.
  • 9/12 WR, ahead of Gascogne, North Carolina and Tirpitz.
  • 12/12 Frags per game.
  • 10/12 Damage per game ahead of North Carolina and Tirpitz.
  • 8/12 Experience per game ahead of Amagi, Tirpitz, Bismarck and North Carolina.
  • 4/12 Aircraft kills per game, behind Alabama ST, North Carolina and Alabama.
  • 10/12 Kill/Death ratio, ahead of Bismarck and Tirpitz.

They're pretty uniformly low across all other servers as well:

• Battles: 711,119
  • WR: 51.77%
  • Frag: .68
  • Damage: 53,309
  • Experience: 1,341
  • Air kills: 2.26
  • K/D: 1.31

So, sure it could be worse, but it certainly isn't over-performing.  My guess is lots of folks hop in and discover that she's not exactly an Amagi with better secondaries as she was initially believed to be.

Stats don't lie, but in this case they're not necessarily as clear as they could be.  Tier VIII is quite strong for battleships and just the fact that a WR of 51.77% is 8th overall across all servers is saying something.

-R

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,445 posts
5,266 battles

Yeah, Kii was never amazing. She isn't terrible, but is hardly a show-stopper. A worse Amagi in every way it counts, with a couple of extremely situational gimmicks.

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles
On 10/24/2018 at 5:24 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Woah. Haven't played the Kii but figured I couldn't be worse than the French where the aim point is the only spot on the map you can be sure none of your shells will land. Only up to the Alsace myself.

Hey

As I have said many times; the Gascogne is my very best T8 BB when it comes to games over 100K.  The Kii is by far my least favorite T8 BB (still can't bring myself to try Roma).

Pete

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,030 posts
16,029 battles

I like the Kii then again I only play her in Coop with that funky camo she is my best earner

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, AdmiralPiett said:

Yeah, Kii was never amazing. She isn't terrible, but is hardly a show-stopper. A worse Amagi in every way it counts, with a couple of extremely situational gimmicks.

My major complaint with Kii is that the guns accuracy are piss poor. Every salvo scatters all around the target or only one shell hits. Kii is a PoS. In my most recent battle with the turd I shot a full salvo at a Cruiser that had run aground and was stationary at only 11 km. ALL shots missed! Landed all around it. Kii is only good for killing water molecules.

• Cool 1

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles
9 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

My major complaint with Kii is that the guns accuracy are piss poor. Every salvo scatters all around the target or only one shell hits. Kii is a PoS. In my most recent battle with the turd I shot a full salvo at a Cruiser that had run aground and was stationary at only 11 km. ALL shots missed! Landed all around it. Kii is only good for killing water molecules.

Hey

Exactly; so much for the idea that the Japanese ships are snipers; not to mention the armor prevents it from brawling even a non-torpedo cruiser since your likely to lose, it needs a serious rework.

Pete

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
29 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Exactly; so much for the idea that the Japanese ships are snipers; not to mention the armor prevents it from brawling even a non-torpedo cruiser since your likely to lose, it needs a serious rework.

Pete

It sure does but that will never happen. WG has gotten all the $$$$ that they're going to get out of it and wont bother to do anything more with it.

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, ReddNekk said:

It sure does but that will never happen. WG has gotten all the $$$$ that they're going to get out of it and wont bother to do anything more with it.

Hey

No use looking at nor considering any other Japanese BB; anyone who might be interested, your better to save your money.  With the recent flurry of "Meh" boats, the premiums interest is going down for me.

Pete

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 hour ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

No use looking at nor considering any other Japanese BB; anyone who might be interested, your better to save your money.  With the recent flurry of "Meh" boats, the premiums interest is going down for me.

Pete

Same here. The only reason that I have Kii is because I got it in a Christmas container. There's no way that I would've ever outright bought it. Most of my Premiums ships I got the same way and most of them are garbage.

• Cool 1

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles
8 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Same here. The only reason that I have Kii is because I got it in a Christmas container. There's no way that I would've ever outright bought it. Most of my Premiums ships I got the same way and most of them are garbage.

Hey

So much for that whole "pay to Win" argument people like to throw around.  There are very few premium ships that have been OP, even Kutuzov and Belfast are not OP in todays meta, and are seldom seen anymore simply because there are better ships.

Pete

Members
36 posts
15,110 battles

Can't say much on the Belfast as I don't have it but the Kutuzov is hit or miss. Have some good games and some bad ones. Not enough smoke to spread around to actually hide in. BBs will nail you every time in your smoke out in open waters. It really shines when running away at range or hiding behind an island. I seem to get annihilated in that ship once spotted though. 8km smoke firing penalty means you have to stay pretty much way back. Feels like every shell that hits me is a citadel HE or AP the like.

Kii is an average ship as long as you are not up tiered. But then again you can say that for a lot of silver ships as well. Only thing I like about the Kii is you can actually make a little money in it doing Co-op. That's about it.

Members
1,774 posts
9,352 battles

Hey

Took the Kii out in a T10 game and wound up 5th place on a losing team, and managed just under 25K damage.  Talk about a complete failure, didn't even get to shoot down an aircraft either, so much for it's fantastic AA.  Worse T8 BB there is, the recent buff's were a cruel joke.  Maybe increase the Sigma to where the guns actually hit what your aiming at.

Pete 

[-TNT-]
Members
626 posts
8,000 battles

I will never consider purchasing the Kii until WG improves sigma, lower's citadel and improves her armor to allow brawling.  I won't miss the torps on her if they did remove them after a buff.