You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Poll: Does Royal Navy BB HE need nerfs?

Nerf Royal BB HE?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Royal Navy BB's need a HE Nerf?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Currently the Fire chance for Royal Navy BB HE is set at 40%+, at what range would you like to see it nerfed to?

• 35%
    • 30%
    • 25%
    • 20%
    • 15%
    • None (0%)
  3. 3. Do you want Bacon

• Yes
    • No

41 comments in this topic

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,652 posts
5,241 battles

Simple poll for the community on the need for the Royal Navy BB HE nerf

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,273 posts
9,171 battles

I protest, as you offer in question one the option of "no", but in question 2 you don't offer 40% (status quo) or 40%+! Where is the 95% fire chance option?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,400 posts
11,496 battles

I think it should, but I don't think it needs to be by that much.

Also, bacon.

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts

If RN BBs need nerfing, I guess WG will nerf them.

If not I guess WG will roll out the ol 'working as intended' and the player base will roll out the ol 'adapt and overcome!' :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles
8 minutes ago, Mr_Alex said:

Simple poll for the community on the need for the Royal Navy BB HE nerf

If it’s so simple then tell me how you messed up question 2. Question 2 should also have a “none” or 0% option for those people who selected “no” for question number 1. Otherwise question number 1 is pointless and you’re just telling people that they have to agree that they need to be nerfed.

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,652 posts
5,241 battles
2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

If it’s so simple then tell me how you messed up question 2. Question 2 should also have a “none” or 0% option for those people who selected “no” for question number 1. Otherwise question number 1 is pointless and you’re just telling people that they have to agree that they need to be nerfed.

I forgot to add it when I made the poll, just added it in

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Alex said:

I forgot to add it when I made the poll, just added it in

Thank you. Btw, bacon is always the correct answer. And not that horrible Canadian kind :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by renegadestatuz

[SYN]
Members
5,335 posts
12,615 battles

Even Stevie Wonder could see how broken RN BB HE is.

Next we'll have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,278 posts
8,483 battles

Yes, they do. The problem is that WG has made some of them extremely reliant on HE spam to work properly ( like KGV ), which would require them to rebalance the ships in other ways.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

HE and fires in general need a (slight) nerf, not the RNBBs.

I've been on this bandwagon for a long time.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,362 battles
7 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I've been on this bandwagon for a long time.

Mostly BB HE and fires. Might be a few cruisers that need it, most DDs don't.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
22 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Mostly BB HE and fires. Might be a few cruisers that need it, most DDs don't.

I don't think you can fix cruiser survivability without fixing fires, or else you just make cruisers the new master race.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,182 battles

The biggest problem I've noticed since they introduced the RN BB HE is that now it seems (could just be my own bias)  that almost all BBs seem to fire HE. It's almost become the "2"key of WoT (for those that don't know that's premium rounds ... higher penetration values) that almost always guarantee damage. While there are captain skills, consumables and flags that help with it, it's made the game a little less fun now! I'd take a salvo of torps or a citadel hit any day over just slowly being burned to death!

As there are those that damage is the ultimate goal even over winning then it's unlikely to get changed.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not asking that HE be banned or nerfed across the board but more games where angling and kiting to get those angles while running away paid by "bouncing" the AP was just a little more fun IMHO.

Edited by Bravo4zero
Missed a few words

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,362 battles
53 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I don't think you can fix cruiser survivability without fixing fires, or else you just make cruisers the new master race.

Not what I am aiming for.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Meanwhile nobody has batted an eye at BB HE before. All of them have 34%+ fire chance and do well above 5.8k damage per shell. 

Seriously most BBs can do what the RN BBs can just with a bit less raw damage and fire chance. Case and point: Dunkerque. She has excellent HE and a lot of players will use it exclusively. I don't hear you all rallying for a nerf to her now do I? 

Scharnhorst has 30%~ fire chance and reloads in 20s. Surely HE spamming in a Scharn should be nerfed too. Nope. Nothing... 

See my point?

Members
1,684 posts
7,879 battles
37 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Meanwhile nobody has batted an eye at BB HE before. All of them have 34%+ fire chance and do well above 5.8k damage per shell. 

Seriously most BBs can do what the RN BBs can just with a bit less raw damage and fire chance. Case and point: Dunkerque. She has excellent HE and a lot of players will use it exclusively. I don't hear you all rallying for a nerf to her now do I? 

Scharnhorst has 30%~ fire chance and reloads in 20s. Surely HE spamming in a Scharn should be nerfed too. Nope. Nothing... 

See my point?

This is kinda where I am. If I’m in any cruiser, I’d kinda rather RN BBs have HE loaded, since my cruisers typically have damage control ready, and I’m less likely to get deleted by 2 hits that way. If I’m in my USN or IJN BBs I’d kinda rather they have HE loaded, because I already deal with fire spam if I’m bow-on, and it’s safer to show my broadside in a turn against an RN BB.

The RN can do great damage with their AP too, they just need to know what parts to aim for just like every other BB, and frankly I’d rather get hit by RN HE than by well-aimed USN or IJN 16” guns any day of the week. It really only hurts DDs (who can usually count on BBs not having HE loaded, and who take a lot less damage from AP), and German BBs who have grown lazy due to most players being potatoes who only know to aim for the citadel and can’t figure out a way to get 15k and 20k salvoes without citadels.

The difference between 34% and 40% is not so great that if changes when a BB should be firing HE, the RN just suffers a bit less for choosing badly.

[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,154 battles

They need their armor reworked.  They can keep the higher HE fire chance but their citadels should not be immune to ap like they currently are at all tiers.  They eat pens for days but can be healed back.  

• Cool 1

Members
1,684 posts
7,879 battles
2 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

They need their armor reworked.  They can keep the higher HE fire chance but their citadels should not be immune to ap like they currently are at all tiers.  They eat pens for days but can be healed back.  

The Germans have that issue too.

I mean, yes, it’s silly that the two newer lines have armor schemes which are so much more effective in game, but we were already dealing with it with the Germans. I think that’s more a matter of power creep putting the USN and IJN behind.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,069 posts
1 hour ago, Bravo4zero said:

The biggest problem I've noticed since they introduced the RN BB HE is that now it seems (could just be my own bias)  that almost all BBs seem to fire HE. It's almost become the "2"key of WoT (for those that don't know that's premium rounds ... higher penetration values) that almost always guarantee damage. While there are captain skills, consumables and flags that help with it, it's made the game a little less fun now! I'd take a salvo of torps or a citadel hit any day over just slowly being burned to death!

As there are those that damage is the ultimate goal even over winning then it's unlikely to get changed.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not asking that HE be banned or nerfed across the board but more games where angling and kiting to get those angles while running away paid by "bouncing" the AP was just a little more fun IMHO.

I think the extra HE spam has more to do with the introduction of a second line of BB's that are over-armored and can shrug off citadels and damage with ease.   At least in the higher tiers, some of the RN battleships are stupidly durable, and difficult to pen consistently- leading to the use of HE and fires as the best way to do good damage to them.   With the often absurd number of German and now RN BB's in queue, I too have found myself switching to HE to deal with the trollish armor- esp because the armor advantage leads players of those ships to charge bow on, which is the worst possible scenario for AP shells- on ANY BB.

I've been extremely disappointed with Nor-Cal's AP performance vs even a broadside Conquerer at close range...  Full salvos of bounces shatters and zero damage hits!   So- death by fire it is.

There are also the tit for tat syndrome- Ie How do YOU like it, son??"  and at lower tiers where the more inexperienced BB captains lurk- the monkey see monkey do syndrome.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles

It's opened people's eyes to what can be done with HE,

However, the RN BBs are lagging in winrate vs other BBs, so they aren't the god-mode BBs that the OP would try to tell you they are.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,959 posts
9,582 battles

RN BBs are a lot more amusing when they force people to play differently.

No HE nerf nor fire nerf needed. Players can put on survival builds if they have a problem getting incinerated.

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
11,400 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

See my point?

Neither Dunkerque nor Scharnhorst have 1/4 HE pen like the RN BBs do.