Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dannyk77

T8 BB's in T10 battles

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
26 posts
3,611 battles

So painful playing T8 BB's, like the Monarch and Bismark, since most of their battles are T10.  Where over half the ships are T10.  Over and over again.

Similar problem with T8 CA's, but at least they can avoid damage more, fire faster, and target DD's.

For now back to T8 DD's, until I tire of that.

Also the British BB's (at least through T8) suck.

I feel better now, thanks for listening :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,256 posts
9,326 battles

I don't see nearly the number of t9 matches in my Gneis or Nagato as I do t10 in my Amagi. It's not even close.

 

I've stopped playing t8 BBs - period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,154
[HINON]
Members
11,664 posts

I find I do pretty decent even in a T10 match. I just have to be careful not to get in a poor position. There are a lot of T10 drivers who dont know not to show broadside and even a T8 bb can punish them greatly. Hard to beat getting a devastating strike on a broadside Montana while driving the amagi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
3,611 battles

 

2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I find I do pretty decent even in a T10 match. I just have to be careful not to get in a poor position. There are a lot of T10 drivers who dont know not to show broadside and even a T8 bb can punish them greatly. Hard to beat getting a devastating strike on a broadside Montana while driving the amagi.

The Amagi is a good T8 BB - my favorite T8 BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[-MOS-]
Alpha Tester
449 posts
3,587 battles
24 minutes ago, Scotty_SE said:

I don't see nearly the number of t9 matches in my Gneis or Nagato as I do t10 in my Amagi. It's not even close.

 

I've stopped playing t8 BBs - period.


Tier 7 has a good spot. Since when there are a lot of 10s, they are dragging 8 and 9 into their matches which leaves the 7s alone with left-overs if any. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,185
[WOLFG]
Members
24,163 posts
6,077 battles
16 minutes ago, dannyk77 said:

 

The Amagi is a good T8 BB - my favorite T8 BB.

 

Agreed. NC I find harder to work with, but nothing wrong with those guns in a T10 match. Bismarck, I tend to do more support fire and CA hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,444 posts
17,543 battles

I used to get mad at that too

It could be worse at least I'm not a cv driver t8 in a t10

 

I feel bad seeing those airplanes just get blown out of the sky well not too bad but I'm not a cv driver

Edited by silverdahc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
4 minutes ago, Hatate_ said:


Tier 7 has a good spot. Since when there are a lot of 10s, they are dragging 8 and 9 into their matches which leaves the 7s alone with left-overs if any. 

Tier 7 is the very worst spot as tier 7 is 99% in tier 9 battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles

Amagi and Nocar's 16" don't care about your tier 10 armor.

 

Monarch has the concealment to not get shot at and her HE lolz at t10s.

 

Bisko needs to use terrain to get within memendary range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,230 battles

It seems all tiers seem to be suffering from the "bottom tier" syndrome. It doesn't happen as much as we think it does although it does happen enough for you to think it's "every game!".

 

The biggest problem is that people get sick of being bottom tier so think that the sooner they get a "top tier" ship, this'll stop! Of course if you've just got a shiny new tier 6 ship and are in tier 8 games many will either free xp to the tier 8 or buy a tier 8 premium .... BUT you get the shiny new tier 8 and low and behold you start playing against tier 10's "all the time!".

 

At some tiers this is worse, tier 5 DD in tier 7 game perhaps with radar/ hydro now a thing and the big difference between gun ranges and damage dealt. Then again playing lowest tier gives you the opportunity to rake in the xp and credits if you're up tiered. It's not always a win/win situation but can be!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,887
[CNO]
Members
5,084 posts
15,958 battles

I don't have a problem with T8 BB in T10.  Sure, I'm not the alpha dog.  But I can sure punish most of the CAs and can mess with the T10 BBs if they aren't careful.  Got a Cit on a Yamato the other day....in my Alabama.  As for Bismarck...it's a solid brawler with good secondaries no matter the tier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
3,611 battles
14 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I don't have a problem with T8 BB in T10.  Sure, I'm not the alpha dog.  But I can sure punish most of the CAs and can mess with the T10 BBs if they aren't careful.  Got a Cit on a Yamato the other day....in my Alabama.  As for Bismarck...it's a solid brawler with good secondaries no matter the tier.  

Maybe I haven't got the Bismark down yet, but shots are all over the place - lots of straddles.  Where in the Amagi - they hit square on and pack a punch.

Keep rechecking my skills and modules on the Bismark, think I must be set up wrong, but no.

Edited by dannyk77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
499 posts
7,185 battles
22 minutes ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

T8 BB's don't suffer nearly as much as cruisers when put in T10. You know, cruisers that aren't Atago or Kutuzov.

I've got no problems taking any of the T8 BBs into a T10, they've all got the range, and big guns that can do work and, 32mm hull plating. 

But taking a cruiser with anything less that 17km range, smoke or low concealment into T10 is hard work.  The Martel in particular up-tiers pretty well, thanks to her good range and concealment.

The Mogami, Hipper and NO all struggle in T10 matches, but even then, you only need to do better than the opposing New Orleans that seems perfectly happy straight lining while firing and spotted, broadside to a Montana inside 15km.

Edited by Veasel
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,049
[PSP]
Members
9,761 posts

Most of the matches I play with my North Carolina seem to be at tiers VIII-X. If I'm up-tiered, I've gotten where I play the ship more like a CA -- firing at mid-range then dodging and hiding until my guns reload. I'm actually having some success against DDs too since I've made my North Carolina into a secondary battery brawler. It's not a good as a German BB but it can reach out to 7.6 km with a heavy broadside of secondary fire. If I'm close enough, I wait until I see torps then rush into smoke. In this way I've taken out several DDs before their torps have had time to reload. It's fun shooting down planes too with all those enhanced secondaries.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,805
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,375 battles

Just start playing like a big armored cruiser. Helps me when I'm in my Kii or NC in tier 10 matches. Though Tirpitz and Bismarck do just fine long as you keep angled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
22 minutes ago, Veasel said:

I've got no problems taking any of the T8 BBs into a T10, they've all got the range, and big guns that can do work and, 32mm hull plating. 

But taking a cruiser with anything less that 17km range, smoke or low concealment into T10 is hard work.  The Martel in particular up-tiers pretty well, thanks to her good range and concealment.

The Mogami, Hipper and NO all struggle in T10 matches, but even then, you only need to do better than the opposing New Orleans that seems perfectly happy straight lining while firing and spotted, broadside to a Montana inside 15km.

 

Playing the t8 cruisers uptiered requires almost a zen mentality. 

 

Accept that you aren't going to carry (usually) - be patient - abuse terrain and concealment - be aware of BB rifles.

 

Most importantly  - it's  OK to not be firing your guns and attracting 16~18" attention your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
499 posts
7,185 battles
24 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

 

Playing the t8 cruisers uptiered requires almost a zen mentality. 

 

Accept that you aren't going to carry (usually) - be patient - abuse terrain and concealment - be aware of BB rifles.

 

Most importantly  - it's  OK to not be firing your guns and attracting 16~18" attention your way.

Accept you are prey.  Try to be somewhat useful, but most of all survive - the longer you live the more useful you become.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,730
[WOLF3]
Members
22,010 posts
20,299 battles

LOL Tier VIII BBs are paradise in a Tier X match compared to Tier VIII Cruisers!  Cruisers don't have the armor, TDS, most Tier VIII Cruisers don't even have Repair Party.  BB players just can't handle the heat! :Smile_teethhappy:

 

I'm just having a grand time imagining some schmuck in a NC, Bismarck, Amagi, Alabama, thinking, "Life is sooooOOOoooo hard being a Battleship in a Tier X match!"

 

All while some a$$hole in a New Orleans, floating citadel called Mogami and Atago, and the easy target that is P.Eugen / Hipper are just BARELY getting by and trying not to get 1-shotted!  Most can't even repair whatever damage they take.

 

Really guys!  LOL :cap_haloween:

 

Try playing different ships.  It brings a whole different perspective in this game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,898
[SIM]
Members
4,028 posts
6,891 battles

You have to change your mentality in Tier X games as a Tier VIII. Be very deliberate in your placement, go with the pack instead of leading it, and pick on targets of opportunity. If you come into a match as a bottom tier and try to play as a top tier, you're going to have a bad time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

It can be frustraiting some times (like when i was the only t8 in a t10 battle) But its possible to work around that. T8 ships are very good and you gain more XP for dealing damage in higher tier ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[WOLF2]
Members
1,455 posts
9,635 battles

Find a T10 buddy, hug him, and stay by him.   Hopefully, he doesn't potato.   Keep an eye on your own hull to make sure you don't potato and broadside.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,684 posts
7,879 battles

NC is basically no different in tier 10 than any other tier. You go from not being able to to take broadside hits from any BB (or even CAs at close range) but being immune when your forward deflectors are up, to being vulnerable to everything from the side while immune to anything except the Yamato from the front. Angling works the same as always, and you deal with everything which is not a BB in the exact same way — you just don’t show a Yamato your bow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×