You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldFrog75

Camera Zoom in and out...

8 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
411 battles

I have bound Camera Zoom in and out to my keyboard PgUp and PgDn but when I push the keys nothing happens.  Is there some secret to making this function work?

PS.  I tried binding other keys as well (+, -, arrow up, arrow down) but nothing seems to work.  Is this a special Ship class/tier/armament function or should it work even in Tier I with main artillery?  Also, Zoom works fine in WoT so it's probably not my keyboard.

Edited by OldFrog75

[LOU1]
Members
3,783 posts
10,366 battles

I wonder if it has to do with needing the incremented values that a mouse wheel provides.

I am assuming you want some level other than what the Shift key provides?

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
3,783 posts
10,366 battles

Just checked the in-game settings and the default camera zoom is Page Up/Down.  I believe you have to press Shift first.  Will test it in-game.

Members
163 posts
411 battles
18 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I wonder if it has to do with needing the incremented values that a mouse wheel provides.

I am assuming you want some level other than what the Shift key provides?

Maybe the programmable mouse has something to do with it?  

The wheel provides seamless zoom in and out but I don't think that should somehow override/deactivate the keyboard settings - at least it doesn't in WoT.  In WoT, if you have zoomed in with the mouse wheel, then zoom out and back in using the keyboard instead it defaults to whatever zoom level you just had with the mouse wheel.

Be that as it may, I can't get any key on the WoWS keyboard to zoom in or zoom out so I have to use the mouse wheel.

Edited by OldFrog75

[LOU1]
Members
3,783 posts
10,366 battles

Well, I just tried it out and Page Up/Down do not work.  Google searching revealed this is a  apparently a "known" issue.  It used to work and doesn't anymore.

"PG up/dn WAS NOT a Custom key! It was the default and now it doesn't work. I've reported this since 6.3 PT. Received a response they were "working on it." "soon"" -fbrrhd

Members
163 posts
411 battles
8 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Well, I just tried it out and Page Up/Down do not work.  Google searching revealed this is a  apparently a "known" issue.  It used to work and doesn't anymore.

"PG up/dn WAS NOT a Custom key! It was the default and now it doesn't work. I've reported this since 6.3 PT. Received a response they were "working on it." "soon"" -fbrrhd

Thank you for doing the leg work.  Being a new player trying to figure out small details like this that work in the other game drive me nuts (in a bad obsessive/compulsive way) so it's good to know it's not me or my system.

That said, I'm surprised more people haven't responded to this.   If there is no keyboard zoom function, does that mean everybody is (a) using a mouse wheel for zoom, or (b) playing without using the zoom for aiming.   :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by OldFrog75

[LOU1]
Members
3,783 posts
10,366 battles

Probably a little of both.  And, others may see that I am already telling you the same thing they would tell you.  It is also maybe a prime play time to get the weekend missions finished.  In my research, I found several people did not believe in zooming in all the way.  The Shift key does zoom in to a fixed level (that the mouse wheel can adjust).  I also think that most mice nowadays have a scroll wheel and people use that.   This does not account for no comments from people that need to use adaptive devices of some sort, however.

If you haven't already found it, pressing the Esc key in Port (or in-game) or clicking the gear in the upper left of the Port will bring up the menu in which you can select Settings.  Under Controls you will see what the default bindings are.

Also, I do see consistent comments/complaints starting at around Patch 6.3 earlier this year about losing the functionality.  I would suggest submitting a ticket yourself using the Support button at the top of the page to add your voice to the others.