You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jim_Byrnes

Made in Abyss anime

6 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,281 posts
6,146 battles

In between battles I found an interesting anime Made in Abyss that after a couple episodes sucked me in and we geeked it to the latest episode. The artwork is good not great but good, better than some that come to mind and the storyline at first glance seemed geared more for a young audience. In many ways it reminds me of Hunter X Hunter the basic plots similar Riko takes off to find lost parent makes friends along the way and grows in skill (cutely..) and overcomes challenges. A familiar formula to be sure I'm going to check the manga out tonight to see what they left out. Give it a shot!

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

Thanks, @Jim_Byrnes, I'm always up for some anime recommendations. I'll check it out since I enjoyed Hunter X Hunter. :)

[-K-]
Beta Testers
190 posts
4,410 battles

Just a fair warning this anime/manga may seem innocent and fine for younger audiences, its not.

That aside its quickly become one of my favorite series, best of this season and possibly the year as a whole.

Edited by CesilTheDiddler

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,281 posts
6,146 battles
1 hour ago, CesilTheDiddler said:

Just a fair warning this anime/manga may seem innocent and fine for younger audiences, its not.

That aside its quickly become one of my favorite series, best of this season and possibly the year as a whole.

True I'm not sure I'd let a 10yr old watch although as we both agree the characters and storyline initially seem geared to a young age group it's clearly teen+ after the first episode. And yes! it's one of the better new series out so far..

[-K-]
Beta Testers
190 posts
4,410 battles
31 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

True I'm not sure I'd let a 10yr old watch although as we both agree the characters and storyline initially seem geared to a young age group it's clearly teen+ after the first episode. And yes! it's one of the better new series out so far..

If you're enjoying it so far the manga is definitely worth the read, the anime while extremely faithful to the manga will only cover about half of what has been written due to their only being 13 episodes in the season.

[FOXEH]
Members
556 posts
8,401 battles
17 hours ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

the storyline at first glance seemed geared more for a young audience. In many ways it reminds me of Hunter X Hunter the basic plots similar Riko takes off to find lost parent makes friends along the way and grows in skill (cutely..) and overcomes challenges. A familiar formula to be sure I'm going to check the manga out tonight to see what they left out. Give it a shot!

Just gonna warn you thats kinda like watching the first few episodes of Madoka and calling it a cute anime about a bunch of girls becoming magical schoolgirls and fighting evil to save the world.

Made in Abyss is about 2 children going on a one way adventure into the depths of hell from which they will never return.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gorgeous manga and by extension the anime but it is not what you are expecting.