Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
twitch133

Just a few pieces of Arlo Givens wisdom.

7 comments in this topic

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles

With all this talk of toxicity and potatoes lately.

I figured I would throw this out there. Raylan's daddy once said "If you met an a**hole in the morning, you met an a**hole. If you are meeting a**holes all day long, you are likely the a**gole.".

I believe we have a few corollaries in game.

1) "If you met a toxic player in the morning. You met a toxic player. If you are meeting toxic players all day long. You are likely the toxic player." (You are either starting the crap, or instigating it after it starts.)

2) "If you met a potato in the morning, you have met a potato. If you are meeting potatoes all day long. You are likely the potato." (Aka, if you are constantly losing and blaming it on potatoes, you are the likely cause)

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles

I tend to look at the team standings after the loss, and see where I am.  If I'm in the bottom half, I did something wrong, most likely.  If I'm in the top half, especially the top 3, I feel like I tried, although maybe not enough, but, there were others who didn't hold their end up, either.

With under 500 Random Battles, I'm a potato either way, but am I fried, baked, or just rotten in that match?

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

Members
221 posts
5,473 battles
17 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

With under 500 Random Battles, I'm a potato either way, but am I fried, baked, or just rotten in that match?

Depends, which annoyed you more, fires or flooding? :cap_hmm:Fires=fried, floods = baked.

Edited by Magyar5
I'm an idiot. ?

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles
13 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I tend to look at the team standings after the loss, and see where I am.  If I'm in the bottom half, I did something wrong, most likely.  If I'm in the top half, especially the top 3, I feel like I tried, although maybe not enough, but, there were others who didn't hold up their end up, either.

I look at it this way. If I kill both top tier DD's, doing 40k damage between the  two, and nothing more, but come in the middle of the leaderboard, I carried at least most of my weight.

If I farmed 150k of ineffective fire damage off of BB's, without killing one of them. I am a rotten potato, growing eyes that probably caused the loss.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles

Or, like last night, I did 6.8K damage, 2 caps, and 1 kill (torp finished off a BB), but, after that I was still #1 on the losing team, I tend to think there were other issues with the team than my play.  Definitely should not have been top spot in most teams, I'm thinking.  

Members
3,444 posts
17,543 battles

4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Or, like last night, I did 6.8K damage, 2 caps, and 1 kill (torp finished off a BB), but, after that I was still #1 on the losing team, I tend to think there were other issues with the team than my play.  Definitely should not have been top spot in most teams, I'm thinking.  

You may not think you did much the sad thing is your teammates did a lot less and that's why you're still number one on a losing team

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
9,761 posts

In this game does it really matter if you win or lose a match? Sure, the winning team gets a bit more XP and credits but does a few percentage points off your stats really matter? I have rarely looked at another player's stats or my own and then only in Ranked to see if I was contributing to the team or being carried. I realize that people are psychologically programmed to think that what they do is more important than what others do and to feel defensive of their "baby." However, it really doesn't matter in the long run where you stand in the rankings of a video game. Be proud of your individual accomplishments and do your best to contribute to the team. Try to be a team player. For instance, if you are in a CV then sometimes you should keep that dive bomber near the enemy ships to spot rather than sending it back home to reload. The same goes if you are a DD, spotting may not get you as many points as hiding behind an island and staging sneak attacks but it may contribute a great deal to a team win.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this