You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kildayil

Clan commander goes MIA?

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,555 battles

Just out of curiousity, in other games i've played, when the clan commander goes MIA for a certain amount of time, there is a way to have him replaced. Is there such a system in place here, or basically, since our oil is auto given to the clan you're in, if the commander goes MIA, are you just screwed?  

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,273 posts
9,171 battles
9 minutes ago, Kildayil said:

Just out of curiousity, in other games i've played, when the clan commander goes MIA for a certain amount of time, there is a way to have him replaced. Is there such a system in place here, or basically, since our oil is auto given to the clan you're in, if the commander goes MIA, are you just screwed?  

Why would you be screwed? The oil is going nowhere. But commanders can name deputies if they know they are going on a long break. But really, dispell the idea that WOWS clans have anything in common with EVE, no Goonswarm here.

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,555 battles

There in lies the problem, no deputies are named at this point, its not 'panic' time, but 3 days with commander not logging in, and 4k oil just sitting there, doing no one any good. I was just curious.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,273 posts
9,171 battles

4 k oil may seem a lot to you now, but really? It doesn't go very far. When you have 5000000 Oil, unspent, it would be a concern.

But if your CC is absent 3 days and your clan is brand new, yet you want/intended to be in an active clam, consider jumping ship. 

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,555 battles

Like I said, not a time to panic, but 4k oil, when its 2k for the +3% each. Its a minor annoyance. I was simply curious if there's a way, if the commander vanishes, to replace them, or if you wait 2 weeks, and no commander, all that oil you have done, is for nothing. 

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
740 posts
10,336 battles

So.  You're in a clan named "Lone Wolves" and your cdr's gone for 3 days.:cap_popcorn:   Maybe he doesn't like the weekend play?  Most of our clan won't play on the weekends.

[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,737 posts
22,791 battles

Maybe your Commander had some sort of emergency in the real world , give him a week or two of grace first then make your decision  ??? 

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,555 battles

Again, it was a simple question. I just wondered, if there is a mechanism in place. Good grief, it was a worst case scenario situation. A simple answer, was all that was needed. Thank you.

As you  may or may not have noticed, information on this game, is not very readily available on specifics. Typical of these type of 'beta' games. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,273 posts
9,171 battles
13 minutes ago, Kildayil said:

Again, it was a simple question. I just wondered, if there is a mechanism in place. Good grief, it was a worst case scenario situation. A simple answer, was all that was needed. Thank you.

Call the President!

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,555 battles
8 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Call the President!

Maybe we could ask him on Twitter? He seems to love to use it.. lol

[5D]
Members
2,930 posts
18,212 battles

This inquiry is best directed at a moderator in a PM since there probably hasn't been much experience with it in the community yet.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
7,516 battles
5 hours ago, Kildayil said:

. . . I just wondered, if there is a mechanism in place. . .

There is not. CO can be missing for months, even years, and WG will do nothing to replace him. It's entirely on the shoulders of the CO to transfer control, or not. 

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
113 posts
14,386 battles

I think maybe it would be nice to implement something so that if the CO is MIA for maybe 30 days or more there could be a voting system that would remove them and replace with the next person in line for longest time in the clan. Just an idea. I can see where you are coming from when I played world of warcraft I had an instance where the guild leader Quit the game but never gave someone else the guild leader position. Though World of warcraft helped out to remove him from power after 60 days of inactivity.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
13,783 battles

Just my $0.02......  but it shows a real lack of character and an unacceptable level of consideration for others if a person in a leadership position acts in such a way as "presumed" here with no regard to anyone else in the organization.

[WOLF2]
Members
77 posts
7,555 battles

I do not, want to imply that the leader of this clan has done this, it was just something I was curious about. Obviously, this is a game, and should not take precedence over real life. And literally it was formed and full, in one day, and no real chance to appoint deputies, etc yet.  Just for clarification, lol, don't want a witch hunt.

Some other similar types of games I'd played had the same issue, and they eventually came up with if the leader was not logged in for x days, then you could 'pay' to take over the command.  Which was nice, unless you were going on vacation or something, but there were ways around it, either log in once or transfer leadership to a trusted deputy and transfer back when you came back. Hopefully, with the clan's now being something more than just a gathering place, they'll realize something like this may become vital.

[RST]
[RST]
Members
494 posts
14,055 battles

A good example of this situation would be hurricane IRMA. Our clan CO lives in south Florida. His fore site in officer assignments and responsibilities prevented any hick ups in everyday clan operations. While he was without power or web for over a week, it was business as usual for us. It was a real world test that our clan passed with flying colors!

[-REK-]
[-REK-]
Members
130 posts
10,737 battles

I'm in the same boat - joined a clan about 6 weeks ago - I'd seen a couple of members in game, and thought, he, like the clan name, and joining a clan is free and it cost $$ to change your game name, so....  This was before I knew about oil and clan bases, and all of that.  Now, I'm top oil contributor in the clan (i.e. I've maxed out the earnings), the clan overall doesn't have enough oil to do anything at the moment - but still!  CO and Deputy haven't looked on in a long time - more than 3 days!  Would be cool to have more deputies, but no way to contact the leadership.  But for WG to simply demote a CO isn't right in the this case - in my opinion anyway - as someone at some point, paid $$ to create the clan.

Personally, I may jump ship sooner or later, or pony up and create my own!  Along those lines, does anyone know how long the clan creation sale lasts?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts
23 hours ago, SocksRevenge said:

the clan overall doesn't have enough oil to do anything at the moment - but still!  CO and Deputy haven't looked on in a long time - more than 3 days! 

Wow... not enough oil to do anything. And more than three days is a long time? Would that mean 3 days and an hour? Golly gosh Socks, chill. A long time - to me at least - is oh, seven to fourteen days - in gaming terms that would be a long time. Don't be afraid to PM someone, the CO or Deputy, if you are concerned, right? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts
23 hours ago, SocksRevenge said:

the clan overall doesn't have enough oil to do anything at the moment - but still!  CO and Deputy haven't looked on in a long time - more than 3 days! 

Wow... not enough oil to do anything. And more than three days is a long time? Would that mean 3 days and an hour? Golly gosh Socks, chill. A long time - to me at least - is oh, seven to fourteen days - in gaming terms that would be a long time. Don't be afraid to PM someone, the CO or Deputy, if you are concerned, right? 

[-REK-]
[-REK-]
Members
130 posts
10,737 battles
14 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Golly - not quite what I meant - I was referring to the OP - quoted below.  Sorry wasn't clear enough.  My CO last logged in 14 days ago, and the time before that, if I remember correctly was over 30 days.  The Deputy hasn't been on for longer - don't remember, and left that clan so can't look.  And yes, I did message them in game - they're not on the forums so couldn't message them that way.

On 9/24/2017 at 0:16 PM, Kildayil said:

There in lies the problem, no deputies are named at this point, its not 'panic' time, but 3 days with commander not logging in, and 4k oil just sitting there, doing no one any good. I was just curious.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Think i read somewhere that the oil you contributed does not stay with you? As in, you earned a 1,000, then change clans. The 1,000 stays with the clan. Am I remembering correctly? 

[-REK-]
[-REK-]
Members
130 posts
10,737 battles

Yes, you are correct, the oil you earned stays with the clan it was earned in - its on WOWS site, I did submit a support ticket and explained the situation and they affirmed the rule - never hurts to ask, right!

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,227 posts
5,429 battles

Well, there are more drastic versions of this.  The clan I was supposed to be in has two leaders that have never played a game.  They were alt accounts, I think, just to secure the clan name during the clan trial tests.  So now, the clan I was supposed to be in, has no way to accept my application, use its oil, or do anything really.