You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Clan Oil questions - Is there an FAQ on Oil?

23 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,355 posts
16,390 battles

There are events that are running that give rewards for oil to your the clan. That I understand. I am not associated with a clan so far, however this brings me questions that I can't find in the forums in regards to the oil currency reward for the clans.

• Since I am not with a clan now, is all the oil rewards vapor in my profile?
  • If the rewards are not vapor, are they pooled to my profile?
  • In the future if do join a clan, if past oil rewards are pooled, will the past oil rewards from past events be credited to the new clan?
  • Will oil earnings be shown in the players profile?
  • Will oil earnings be shown for clans for recruiting purposes?
  • Would there be a signing bonus by WG happen for the clan in joining?

I appreciate if anyone can answer my queries.

• Cool 1

Members
1,234 posts
15,649 battles

Good questions...I only wish I had answers for you but the system is still too new for most of us players. I've also been wondering if my oil earned stats are being tracked anywhere.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,962 posts
4,919 battles

I think we're supposed to get a portal article tomorrow to cover most of the clan questions.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,491 posts
14,086 battles

Oil gets contributed into the clan you are *in*, clan keeps whatever oil you earned while you were there, it does not get transferred with you to a new clan.  You do not earn oil unless you are in a clan, so you can't use your accumulated oil in an attempt to bribe your way into a clan - it simply isn't there.  I am not sure if they will track your overall Oil production outside the clan you are currently in, such as in your profile - it's still too new a concept.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,355 posts
16,390 battles
10 hours ago, Viper069 said:

Jeez.  Do you people even look at WG's home page?  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/  With a little effort, you too can beat stumbling through life in the dark.

That information is only relevant to if you are in a clan. I am not at the moment, ergo the questions

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
741 posts
10,357 battles
8 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

That information is only relevant to if you are in a clan. I am not at the moment, ergo the questions

That's right.  It will also tell you that if you're not in a clan it won't apply to you.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,355 posts
16,390 battles
6 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

That's right.  It will also tell you that if you're not in a clan it won't apply to you.

Well I guess overall  I am trying to get these answers from WG, which of course you are not a representative of the company.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
741 posts
10,357 battles
3 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Well I guess overall  I am trying to get these answers from WG, which of course you are not a representative of the company.

Jeez, I provided you a link to WG's website in the initial response.  Pull your head out of your nether regions and read.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Developers
1,125 posts
4,260 battles

We have a Support article coming about Clans that will function as an FAQ. It'll be here in a day or two. Apologizes for initial confusion.

• Cool 2

Members
2,126 posts
12,758 battles

Is there any info as to what type of oil are in those drums? I'm allergic to peanut oil and prefer Canola or Sunflower oil so that I don't have to carry a EpiPen while playing clan battles. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,376 posts
10,320 battles
2 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

We have a Support article coming about Clans that will function as an FAQ. It'll be here in a day or two. Apologizes for initial confusion.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

There are events that are running that give rewards for oil to your the clan. That I understand. I am not associated with a clan so far, however this brings me questions that I can't find in the forums in regards to the oil currency reward for the clans.

• Since I am not with a clan now, is all the oil rewards vapor in my profile?
  • If the rewards are not vapor, are they pooled to my profile?
  • In the future if do join a clan, if past oil rewards are pooled, will the past oil rewards from past events be credited to the new clan?
  • Will oil earnings be shown in the players profile?
  • Will oil earnings be shown for clans for recruiting purposes?
  • Would there be a signing bonus by WG happen for the clan in joining?

I appreciate if anyone can answer my queries.

The wiki sections for Clans are also in development.  I apologize for the delay, but we don't get to test out game mechanics any sooner than anyone else and have to figure it all out on live after it releases (just like you do). 

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
2,224 posts
6,090 battles
12 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Quite true, but we can read what WG had presented about oil and convey that information to you, or you could go to the link provided above and read it yourself.  Pretty much all of the questions you have asked are answered there. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,362 posts

Later on, there will be a sticky subject (no joke intended) about members who are 'kicked out' of a clan.

I think in that case, the -dismissed- person should get some sort of voucher for what he/she made for the clan to take to the next one.

I understand quitting, but in the case of arbitrary/intentional misbehavior of the managing people, getting rid of contributing players should come with a cost.

It would be so sad for some to work so hard for something -- just to have the rug pulled out near the end.  Like I said, Sticky subject.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,355 posts
16,390 battles
2 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Pretty much all of the questions you have asked are answered there. 

Again, the link says "If you are a clan member"  of which I am not. So the link does me good only so far for information. Which is why my questions are for if you are "outside" of the clan in regards to oil. I have no problems BTW if the oil is vapor since I am not with a clan. All of this brings up another question to mind, can you donate oil to a clan you are friendly with but don't what to be in a clan? Sorta of like a community charity box of sorts.

[PVE]
Members
16,869 posts
10,908 battles
55 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Again, the link says "If you are a clan member"  of which I am not. So the link does me good only so far for information. Which is why my questions are for if you are "outside" of the clan in regards to oil. I have no problems BTW if the oil is vapor since I am not with a clan. All of this brings up another question to mind, can you donate oil to a clan you are friendly with but don't what to be in a clan? Sorta of like a community charity box of sorts.

Just join a solo clan. There are a lot of them out there. Continue to play solo, but your oil is collecting along with all the other solo players in the solo clan.

[LHG]
Members
2,224 posts
6,090 battles
3 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Yes, you are not a clan member so you can not earn or use oil in any way shape or form. Only members of a clan can earn or use oil, which is why it says "If you are a clan member".  It is a clan specific resource. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
2,126 posts
12,758 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just join a solo clan. There are a lot of them out there. Continue to play solo, but your oil is collecting along with all the other solo players in the solo clan.

You can change your name to "Clan Solo" !

• Cool 3

[A-I-M]
Members
2,156 posts
11,252 battles
13 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

It is not the link that is failing you in obtaining the information you request. I quote the "On the Horizon: Clan Naval Bases" article that Wargaming published (the link to which, has already been provided to you):

"You can't receive any Oil if you're not part of a Clan. (Which means you won't even receive it for your personal wallet)"

Now, that's a pretty plain statement. Worldofwarships.com. Front page. All you had to do was read it. Something else is failing you.

[DONUT]
Members
438 posts
6,100 battles

Everyone calm down please.  The OP asked a question and he does not feel like he has been given an adequate answer.  That is no reason to flame him.  This is another WoWs cluster flub where we all learn as we go. 

This game is set up so that member volunteers do a lot of the work for WoWs.  Other members use the forums to share whatever new info they can glean.  We like the game so we try to make it easier for ourself and others.  We are all in the same boat.  Players need each other. 

Edited by IcyThor
Add info
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
99 posts

Twould be a shame if the single player couldnt gather oil, so they could collect it for when they wanted to join.  Would help like this: I got a bunch of oil, a decent win rate, and the required level of ships. May I join your clan (though it should be: May I join your Fleet?)

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, Pigeon_of_War said:

do we have a status what type of oil output we will get from clan wars wins or loss? any news on this yelt..