You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LoneStormchaser

Detectable Range Correct ??

9 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
817 posts
4,070 battles

Is the detectable range correct here after firing main guns from the QE

Saw this during a battle and went into the Training room to confirm.

Isn't it supposed to be 17.1? It's showing at 19 after firing guns.

Visible.jpg

Visibility 2.jpg

Edited by LoneStormchaser

[-V-]
Members
817 posts
4,070 battles
8 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

It should be the same as your gun range.

Even before I bought the Gun Control Mod 2, I noticed the same on the Mod 1 which has a range of 15.6.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

You used a scout plane. After the plane runs out of time, the detection remains the same as it was while you were using the plane.

Before you call foul, it is so that with scout planes, ships can't stealth fire.

[-V-]
Members
817 posts
4,070 battles
19 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Are you using a scout plane?

8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

You used a scout plane. After the plane runs out of time, the detection remains the same as it was while you were using the plane.

Before you call foul, it is so that with scout planes, ships can't stealth fire.

5 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Found this in the WIKI.

detect.JPG

No scout plane used and the ships used in the Training Room were inactive.

I went back in and did some tests again. The "19" distance in the picture above is a false indicator. I marked the ship just inside the detectable range of 17.1 and fired. I became detectable. Ok. Thats correct. I then moved away placing the target just beyond 17.1. I fired, my ship was not detected. So that's correct. I can only assume the dotted "19" that's showing up after firing the guns is incorrect or an error.

Beta Testers
1,369 posts
16,554 battles
7 hours ago, LoneStormchaser said:

No scout plane used and the ships used in the Training Room were inactive.

I went back in and did some tests again. The "19" distance in the picture above is a false indicator. I marked the ship just inside the detectable range of 17.1 and fired. I became detectable. Ok. Thats correct. I then moved away placing the target just beyond 17.1. I fired, my ship was not detected. So that's correct. I can only assume the dotted "19" that's showing up after firing the guns is incorrect or an error.

Read my last statement again. The wiki states that some ships air detectability is greater than their after firing at sea detectability. So the dotted line represents your detectability by air after firing....is why you didn't pickup on it in training room, you would have to have your dummy ship flying a plane.