You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

Trying to Join a Clan

182 comments in this topic

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
699 posts
5,476 battles

What competitive clans are you trying to apply to? You have to set reasonable goals. 

Members
369 posts
12,164 battles
17 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

What competitive clans are you trying to apply to? You have to set reasonable goals. 

I have a laundry list

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts

And so the Clans starts it's own Top Level, Mid Level and Low Level divisions where the top players get lots of oil and the benefits whilst others don't. I only posted a thread regarding Clans segregating the community rather than bringing it together a few days ago. That was quick!

As mrmario states Ivan - know your place, if you are not a good player don't expect an equal share of benefits. The divide gets bigger I guess! :Smile_honoring:

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,127 battles
15 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

And so the Clans starts it's own Top Level, Mid Level and Low Level divisions where the top players get lots of oil and the benefits whilst others don't. I only posted a thread regarding Clans segregating the community rather than bringing it together a few days ago. That was quick!

As mrmario states Ivan - know your place, if you are not a good player don't expect an equal share of benefits. The divide gets bigger I guess! :Smile_honoring:

Since clan has actual in game economic benefits, players that are not in a clan is being punished for no reason.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
11,607 posts
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

Since clan has actual in game economic benefits, players that are not in a clan is being punished for no reason.

So not taking advantage of an opportunity is punishment? Seriously just join a solo player clan. There are a bunch out there and they dont care about stats.

• Cool 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
9 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

A lack of a benefit isn't "punishment." That's not what that word means at all.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
16,696 posts
10,908 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

52 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

50 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

So not taking advantage of an opportunity is punishment? Seriously just join a solo player clan. There are a bunch out there and they dont care about stats.

I disagree. There are a lot of casual clans that don't care about being competitive. I started PvE for players who mostly play co-op and play some to not any PvP. I don't even look at a player's stats when I let them in. We don't care. No requirements besides play fair, don't TK on purpose and don't stat shame. Play PvP 100% or PvE 100% or something in between, we don't care. Division up or not as you prefer. Use comms or not as you prefer. Your job make you work 2 weeks and then you have a week off to play, we don't care. I don't plan on removing anyone for not playing until they haven't played for 12 weeks straight and then I'm going to try and reach them first. You need a long break, just let us know so we know you didn't give up on the game and we'll hold your spot. Casual clans are only hard to find, because they fill up so fast. The Lone Wolves have a half dozen or more sub clans and some of their members were like 'thanks for letting me in, hope to never have to speak to you.' :Smile_teethhappy: You can find the clan you want. And if you don't, I believe it is still 1k gold to start your own with your own rules. Jump in or start a clan for the benefits, but no penalty if you don't. It's not a penalty if you don't run signal flags for XP and credits for example.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I disagree. There are a lot of casual clans that don't care about being competitive. I started PvE for players who mostly play co-op and play some to not any PvP. I don't even look at a player's stats when I let them in. We don't care. No requirements besides play fair, don't TK on purpose and don't stat shame. Play PvP 100% or PvE 100% or something in between, we don't care. Division up or not as you prefer. Use comms or not as you prefer. Your job make you work 2 weeks and then you have a week off to play, we don't care. I don't plan on removing anyone for not playing until they haven't played for 12 weeks straight and then I'm going to try and reach them first. You need a long break, just let us know so we know you didn't give up on the game and we'll hold your spot. Casual clans are only hard to find, because they fill up so fast. The Lone Wolves have a half dozen or more sub clans and some of their members were like 'thanks for letting me in, hope to never have to speak to you.' :Smile_teethhappy: You can find the clan you want. And if you don't, I believe it is still 1k gold to start your own with your own rules. Jump in or start a clan for the benefits, but no penalty if you don't. It's not a penalty if you don't run signal flags for XP and credits for example.

You've quoted 3 posts, which one do you disagree with? That there won't be a divide with the better players getting more benefits (you believe casual players will benefit as much)? You believe that Clans don't have in game benefits (although I don't believe it's a punishment)? Or you don't agree with RipNuN2 (as I believe he is right that it's not a punishment)?

You don't seem to be saying where you disagree; that I can see?

Members
24,009 posts
6,035 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

And so the Clans starts it's own Top Level, Mid Level and Low Level divisions where the top players get lots of oil and the benefits whilst others don't.

How so? The biggest requirement to get oil is to play.

I joined a clan the other day. There are 13 people. I have the 3rd worst WR, but the 5th most oil. And I've been losing more than I've won since I joined. (nothing to do with the clan itself, I've been playing solo)

There won't be a divide in the benefits, the only divide will be when it comes to the competitive aspect, which is a separate thing.

If OP wanted to join a clan merely for oil and its benefits, he wouldn't be having his issue. He wants to compete, and yeah, competitive clans are going to want good players for when CW finally arrives.

Edited by Skpstr

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

How so? The biggest requirement to get oil is to play.

I joined a clan the other day. There are 13 people. I have the 3rd worst WR, but the 5th most oil. And I've been losing more than I've won since I joined. (nothing to do with the clan itself, I've been playing solo)

There won't be a divide in the benefits, the only divide will be when it comes to the competitive aspect, which is a separate thing.

If OP wanted to join a clan merely for oil and its benefits, he wouldn't be having his issue. He wants to compete, and yeah, competitive clans are going to want good players for when CW finally arrives.

How so?:

There are already Clans around who have now started using the new 'Clan System', these Clans are the Top Clans - they have a full list of members earning oil.

There are some who are in smaller Clans who will be Mid Clans, they may not play as much, so will not earn as much oil.

Then you have Low Clans - These are the newest Clans who do not have many members, possibly don't play much so will not receive much oil.

There you have it, Top oil earning clans through to Low earning clans. Top earning Clans will be earning more oil so be earning benefits a lot faster. Happy if you are able to tell me this is not the case?

[PVE]
Members
16,696 posts
10,908 battles
18 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

You've quoted 3 posts, which one do you disagree with? That there won't be a divide with the better players getting more benefits (you believe casual players will benefit as much)? You believe that Clans don't have in game benefits (although I don't believe it's a punishment)? Or you don't agree with RipNuN2 (as I believe he is right that it's not a punishment)?

You don't seem to be saying where you disagree; that I can see?

I started off splitting it up and it's the first two that I disagree with. In our case, most of us were not divisioning up and were just playing solo. I know I wasn't really interested in divisioning up as I play mostly PvE and most people I ran into wanted to hop in to PvP for long stretches. So I have found like minded people in clan to div up with when I and they both care to do that. So in that aspect, it is bringing players together who wouldn't necessarily run into each other in game.

Most of my post was disagreetment about clans being a penalty. You join our clan and never div up? No problem. You have bad stats and don't care, then we don't either. Not joining a clan is just like not running credit or XP flags. It's something you can do for a bonus or not. Join a solo clan and continue to play like you like and get some benefits on the side.

As for the OPs problem of finding a competitive clan, that will be an issue for him. I have seen clans that require comms, mandatory play time, training time and the like. Too serious for me, but some people will like that and more power to them. 

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PVE]
Members
16,696 posts
10,908 battles
10 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

How so?:

There are already Clans around who have now started using the new 'Clan System', these Clans are the Top Clans - they have a full list of members earning oil.

There are some who are in smaller Clans who will be Mid Clans, they may not play as much, so will not earn as much oil.

Then you have Low Clans - These are the newest Clans who do not have many members, possibly don't play much so will not receive much oil.

There you have it, Top oil earning clans through to Low earning clans. Top earning Clans will be earning more oil so be earning benefits a lot faster. Happy if you are able to tell me this is not the case?

I see where you are coming from. But that is a function of how you play and how much you want to earn.

Personally, I know I can get 37k and 3 containers a day and progress much, much faster if I played PvP 100%. I would lose a lot, but if I didn't care, then so what. But I don't like to feel that I let the team down if I screw up. I don't like the pressure that PvP puts you under and the toxic people you will find there. So I play PvE/PvP 10:1 as I find it more fun to play that way. PvE is much friendlier and if that island won't quit ramming me, then we can laugh it off. :Smile_teethhappy: It is easier to carry in PvE, so one person's play, doesn't affect things as much. Yeah, I only get 1-2 containers a day on average and the grind is slow, but I'm happy.

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I started off splitting it up and it's the first two that I disagree with. In our case, most of us were not divisioning up and were just playing solo. I know I wasn't really interested in divisioning up as I play mostly PvE and most people I ran into wanted to hop in to PvP for long stretches. So I have found like minded people in clan to div up with when I and they both care to do that. So in that aspect, it is bringing players together who wouldn't necessarily run into each other in game.

Ok so my post was the top post and you quoted:

From what you say your clan doesn't require a commitment like others - including matches/time expected to play(?) Does that not put your earing of oil at a lower level that clans that require a number of gameplay hours? You state you play PvE, I've believe Randoms get oil, PvE does not?

Doesn't this mean your Clan will not earn as much oil and not benefit as much as a Top earning Clan?

Most of my post was disagreetment about clans being a penalty. You join our clan and never div up? No problem. You have bad stats and don't care, then we don't either. Not joining a clan is just like not running credit or XP flags. It's something you can do for a bonus or not.

Agree that Clans are not a penalty (per se) - I suppose if you are not in a Clan or in a Low earning Clan those who are in Top earning Clans will have additional benefits long before you; but essentially I look at Clans trying to benefit players more than penalise them. Again the no requirement seems to indicate a lower earning opportunity(?)

As for the OPs problem of finding a competitive clan, that will be an issue for him. I have seen clans that require comms, mandatory play time, training time and the like. Too serious for me, but some people will like that and more power to them. 

Pretty much already stated above. I have no doubt anyone searching for a clan can find one - but still believe there will be a divide (Top-Mid-Low level).

:Smile_honoring:

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I see where you are coming from. But that is a function of how you play and how much you want to earn.

Personally, I know I can get 37k and 3 containers a day and progress much, much faster if I played PvP 100%. I would lose a lot, but if I didn't care, then so what. But I don't like to feel that I let the team down if I screw up. I don't like the pressure that PvP puts you under and the toxic people you will find there. So I play PvE/PvP 10:1 as I find it more fun to play that way. PvE is much friendlier and if that island won't quit ramming me, then we can laugh it off. :Smile_teethhappy: It is easier to carry in PvE, so one person's play, doesn't affect things as much. Yeah, I only get 1-2 containers a day on average and the grind is slow, but I'm happy.

Finished my last post before seeing this one.

In total agreement that enjoying the game is what counts! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
16,696 posts
10,908 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Finished my last post before seeing this one.

In total agreement that enjoying the game is what counts! :Smile_honoring:

Np, I was writing it as you were writing yours. No biggie. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Kizarvexis

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,027 posts
1,577 battles
36 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

How so?:

So people who are better at the game, and people who play more often will earn more benefits?  I don't understand the problem.

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
6 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

So people who are better at the game, and people who play more often will earn more benefits?  I don't understand the problem.

It makes it harder for newer players starting up. I still think it's important to get new players in.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,027 posts
1,577 battles
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It makes it harder for newer players starting up. I still think it's important to get new players in.

The game does not get any harder for new players just because veteran players get silver and xp rewards.  And if you don't reward longtime/active/great players, they won't stick around.  Keeping your playerbase around is just as important as bringing new players in.  So once again, I don't see the problem here.

Members
24,009 posts
6,035 battles
36 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

How so?:

No, since you didn't throw in anything about skill level, I agree with you completely.

Basically, if you play more often, you'll earn benefits faster. Nothing wrong with that. In pretty much any game that features grinding, you'll move up faster if you play more, that's pretty much a defining feature of such games. Of course, at some point, you'll have all the benefits, and it becomes impossible for other clans not to catch up.

My only quibble is that you seem intent on connecting how long a person has played the game with how often they play. There's no reason that an experienced player who doesn't have any grind goals left might play less than a new player who has all kinds of thing to grind for.

Yes, if clans are farming oil, they'll want members who play often. Of course, so will a competitive clan, a social clan, or pretty much any other kind of clan you can think of, even if there were no oil. Clans want members who participate. Otherwise, why join a clan if you aren't going to participate, in whatever they are trying to do?

But your stance is irrelevant in regard to the OP in any case, as his issue is being allowed into a clan he wants to join. If all he wants are these oil benefits, any clan will be happy to take him, and he will have no trouble getting them.

[PVE]
Members
16,696 posts
10,908 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yes, if clans are farming oil, they'll want members who play often. Of course, so will a competitive clan, a social clan, or pretty much any other kind of clan you can think of, even if there were no oil. Clans want members who participate. Otherwise, why join a clan if you aren't going to participate, in whatever they are trying to do?

To get the benefits of the clan buildings without all of the grief of playing a way you don't like. I would never try to join a competitive clan as that is not how I play. I play PvE 10:1, so joining a clan playing PvP is not for me either. But there are many clans out there and you can start your own if you don't find one to your liking. I know I did and we don't care about how you play or how much as long as you play and have fun. Oh, and don't TK on purpose, don't stat shame and play fair, but those are just good manners.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
1 minute ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

The game does not get any harder for new players just because veteran players get silver and xp rewards.  And if you don't reward longtime/active/great players, they won't stick around.  Keeping your playerbase around is just as important as bringing new players in.  So once again, I don't see the problem here.

If veteran players get more Captain XP then they get more skills, if they get more credit then they get more ability to purchase premiums (unless new players just pay doubloons for them). I see this as an advantage, however small.

Now add that to Clans playing together against a lone player, or even a player in a Clan that doesn't have any requirements (such as Kizarvexis states) and it starts to add up -in some cases not just for new players.

But it's no problem you disagree with my thoughts, that's what the forums all about; discussion and pov. :Smile_honoring:

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,027 posts
1,577 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

If veteran players get more Captain XP then they get more skills, if they get more credit then they get more ability to purchase premiums (unless new players just pay doubloons for them). I see this as an advantage, however small.

Now add that to Clans playing together against a lone player, or even a player in a Clan that doesn't have any requirements (such as Kizarvexis states) and it starts to add up -in some cases not just for new players.

But it's no problem you disagree with my thoughts, that's what the forums all about; discussion and pov. :Smile_honoring:

Veteran players already have more captain skills and credits than new players, so nothing has changed.

Clans have already been playing together for months, so nothing has changed.

The game has not gotten any harder for new players just because of clan bonuses.

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No, since you didn't throw in anything about skill level, I agree with you completely.

Basically, if you play more often, you'll earn benefits faster. Nothing wrong with that. In pretty much any game that features grinding, you'll move up faster if you play more, that's pretty much a defining feature of such games. Of course, at some point, you'll have all the benefits, and it becomes impossible for other clans not to catch up.

My only quibble is that you seem intent on connecting how long a person has played the game with how often they play. There's no reason that an experienced player who doesn't have any grind goals left might play less than a new player who has all kinds of thing to grind for.

But your stance is irrelevant in regard to the OP in any case, as his issue is being allowed into a clan he wants to join. If all he wants are these oil benefits, any clan will be happy to take him, and he will have no trouble getting them.

No, there isn't anything wrong with earning more for putting more in - totally agree. However, that still doesn't detract from the division I talk about possibly occurring (and a little evident in the first 2 posts - where the OP is being asked to find the Clan that would....'better suit him'?). I think it goes along the lines of many things that I find tends to open a gap between players (when I thought the aim of the game was to make it challenging for all as much as possible).

But with experienced players (long term players) having access to stronger ships, having extra credit and XP benefits (more Captain wise), makes me wonder how well new Captains may fair.

Of course you can't get away from some people just being better at the game - that's fair enough - but then giving those better players a better ship as a reward, I don't know, just seems to put more of a divide in. :Smile_honoring: