Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
madkiwidave

What on earth is happening to our game?

15 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts

First we had WOWS, WOT, and WOWP and everything was good. Then we had the same games but things weren't so good, but at least they were playable. Then we had Game Center, and everything went to hell in a handbasket. There were glitches, then there were glitches that would not go away, followed by glitches that would freeze the game for a player so that the player would have to log in again, and again, and again. Well, those glitches have grown up now, not only will they kick you from the game, they will crash your computer. After you reboot your computer, often twice, when you try to start the game it will black screen you. If you try the logical thing and try to start the game from the .exe in the folder you will be told you must start it through Game Center, and, of course, Game center no longer works. And here we are left, loyal customers who have spent hundreds of dollars on the premise that at least some of it was spent on keeping the game running, out in the cold. All I ask WG is that if you are giving up the game, at least give it up to someone who wants to run it, think for once of the people who have supported you and made you millions of dollars. Enough said.....

• Cool 1

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
207 posts

What about the thousands of players for whom the games run without issues?  

Game Center doesn't crash, their computers don't black screen, crash, or require reboots.

I spend money on the game but, I spend more money on my computer system updates/upgrades to insure it can play any game I choose without problems.

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
741 posts
10,414 battles

The game center is really only needed for updates.  It's not required to run the game.  Other than the updates, I don't use it at all.

[SPTR]
Members
2,294 posts
1,450 battles

I only quit the game for the time being because I have bad internet. If I have good internet, the game runs with no issues. I only use Game Center for updates. The game is not broken.

[O_O]
Members
3,837 posts
17,173 battles

No problems whatsoever using GameCenter to update or launch the game. Any glitch I have it is usually resolved with a driver update or a GameCenter repair tool. Smooth sailing 99% of the time.

Have you ever tried the repair tool? You may find it helps...

Members
4,886 posts
8,152 battles

With as many issues as you apparently have - I would bet there are issues with your PC. The vast, vast, vast majority have none of the issues you insist "we" all have.  If you run the game directly from the WorldOfWarships.exe and have issues - then the game center is NOT the problem.  As mentioned by others - Game Center is not needed to run the game, only needed for updates. 

I am really confused why this post is in the Introduction section of the forum.

Edited by CylonRed

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,777 posts
4,052 battles
On 9/24/2017 at 2:26 AM, madkiwidave said:

First we had WOWS, WOT, and WOWP and everything was good. Then we had the same games but things weren't so good, but at least they were playable. Then we had Game Center, and everything went to hell in a handbasket. There were glitches, then there were glitches that would not go away, followed by glitches that would freeze the game for a player so that the player would have to log in again, and again, and again. Well, those glitches have grown up now, not only will they kick you from the game, they will crash your computer. After you reboot your computer, often twice, when you try to start the game it will black screen you. If you try the logical thing and try to start the game from the .exe in the folder you will be told you must start it through Game Center, and, of course, Game center no longer works. And here we are left, loyal customers who have spent hundreds of dollars on the premise that at least some of it was spent on keeping the game running, out in the cold. All I ask WG is that if you are giving up the game, at least give it up to someone who wants to run it, think for once of the people who have supported you and made you millions of dollars. Enough said.....

I did experience the same problems and then i uninstalled it and reinstalled my games using the wayback machine do a google search it and uninstall each game indivdually. Honestly the wgc looks like a giant advertising machine with it sending out your data if you look at the processes for it you will see this and the ads that flash. I think it is a poor decision on their part to roll this out so fast. Maybe their finances aren't in good order idk.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,777 posts
4,052 battles
On 9/24/2017 at 4:23 AM, Dadrox said:

What about the thousands of players for whom the games run without issues?  

Game Center doesn't crash, their computers don't black screen, crash, or require reboots.

I spend money on the game but, I spend more money on my computer system updates/upgrades to insure it can play any game I choose without problems.

it causes problems such as internet crashes and lag spikes to a good 5- 10% of thsoe who use it. They're many threads about these problems on the world of tanks forus in the wargaming center dicussion section

On 9/24/2017 at 8:29 AM, CylonRed said:

With as many issues as you apparently have - I would bet there are issues with your PC. The vast, vast, vast majority have none of the issues you insist "we" all have.  If you run the game directly from the WorldOfWarships.exe and have issues - then the game center is NOT the problem.  As mentioned by others - Game Center is not needed to run the game, only needed for updates. 

I am really confused why this post is in the Introduction section of the forum.

[FDA]
Members
10 posts
15,206 battles

I DID have a stint where I got a message "Cannot handle File #####" and the game would not load at all.  The only way to repair it was to totally UNINSTALL the game, Re-download and re-install.  I had to do this about 4 times and have not had the problem since.  BTW it take around 2 hrs. to download WOWS and install.  NOT a fun time for someone who has purchased Premium and buys other stuff TRYING to gain a seemingly equal footing in the game TO NO AVAIL. LOL 

I also, a few times, have  experienced game freezes that generally require a "CNTRL+ALT+DEL" and reboot the game.  Often coming back to a sunken ship and people reporting me for being AFK.

BTW the times I had the first problem was right after 6.10.0 and THAT would ALWAYS load GAME CENTER before allowing access to the game itself, and the problem WAS in Game center as that is where the message originated.  6.11 does NOT route through GAME CENTER to load.

NOW while I am here, as you see my "SCREEN NAME" is Bassagitator as in lovin to agitate those Bass into bitin my worm.  Navy Vet during Nam, Sub Tender "USS Bushnell AS-15" Subron 12, Key West Fl.

Only other question.  Does the MM Truly predetermine which team is to win a specific battle?  To me it seems as if this is the case.  At times my volleys are WIDLEY disbursed and the few hits I seem to be allowed to make do little or no damage.  At the same time the opposing force is hitting me constantly and doing MAX damage.  Then several games later the trend seems totally reversed.  That and HOW does one get on the list to NOT be placed on the losing teams 80% of the times. LOL

Edited by bassagitator
Typos

Members
4,886 posts
8,152 battles

Only other question.  Does the MM Truly predetermine which team is to win a specific battle?

MM has no way to do that so no - it does not.

[VOP]
Members
461 posts
8,103 battles

Running windows 10 on a new gen processor with a 4GB video card without game center and this last update caused the game to start crashing mid game. So it always isn't the pc...was working fine before the update so...again what was tweaked? (turned the shadow option off in game) fixed it right up.

Yes there will be glitches and things to work around with games and pc's but I have never seen this many problems with a game before. The support forums are full of people reporting constant game crashes. And people do report back with what their "fix" was. In essence we are keeping this game running for each other but I would have thought that by now the game should be stable on just about any platform. As there should only be 3-4 platforms out there (7, 8,10 and mac) why the difficulties and what can we do as supporters to help the community to resolve the issues at hand? Keep reporting bugs and issues?

We are doing that. You ask us to report bugs and glitches and give feedback but eventually people get tired of reporting things that never get fixed.

Sign in to follow this