Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blackstarraven

IJN Tier 2 DD Tachibana.

3 comments in this topic

[REN]
Beta Testers
58 posts
6,653 battles

Be Gentle. This is not the first world of warships video I ever did. But it is the first one that I ever actually tried to put effort into.

I'm more posting this for enjoyment and to get people's feed back.

How do I make it better?
What did I do right?
What did I do wrong?

Something that I actually do want to do later is re-do this, and Include some of the Meta-Numbers. Like Win Rate and what not.

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,256 posts
12,980 battles

Well, I appreciate your effort at this and I hope I can offer something to help you. 

I can tell you that the Russian Tier II is pronounced: Store-ah-zhah-VOY. Accent on the last syllable.

Rather than saying HP, you can say hit points. Pointing out that the 7000 hit points is lower than any other's at tier II is sufficient without quoting the amount of hit points of the others in the tier. Making comparisons that are informative without being confusing or boring isn't easy. I will not pretend for you that it is, but your goal seems to be to show off the things that distinguish the ship both good and bad between this and other ships of the tier. Also it is good to discuss what uptier to Tier III will do to the ship. 

When discussing the maneuverability of the ship, you made a disparaging comment about WG that was unnecessary. Avoiding negative comments even when discussing things you do not agree with requires very specific description of why something was bad. If you do not articulate that, you risk losing your audience while they try to parse your following comments to determine why you had such a strong reaction.  You could have stated that the speed is unimpressive, but with a fantastic rudder shift and turn circle etc. I was unable to determine what it was you found about the ship that was exceptionally bad in the remaining parts of the video. 

If you have need of a replay, you can do what other CCs do and solicit replays from other players, which you can objectively comment on and add to your video, while dropping their name to give them a little sunshine. The stats discussion, does not really help people to know how to play the ship, certainly not in the way a good replay will.  

Everyone has to start somewhere, though and just making this video is a great step forward. Take an opportunity to see how the more popular CCs arrange their videos, especially Jingles or Notser, as they have had a long time to develop their presentation style. Your style will need to be your own, but make sure it is consistent. You will notice that both of these tend to do a mix of their own replays and replays sent to them by others, and they have differing presentation styles for both purposes. Note that I don't think any of the CCs are perfect at what they do, some drone on about details I am not interested in and some go on rant tangents that show that they are passionate about something not really important to the play of the ship. 

Anyway, those are my bits of feedback for you. I found your choice of subject to be very interesting, as few reviewers cover those early boats, and where they do, most of those videos are upwards of two years old!

And finally, good luck!

Edited by LancerUlysses
  • Cool 1

[REN]
Beta Testers
58 posts
6,653 battles

Thanks for the reply!
Ya as I said I love lower tier ships.

I was thinking of doing a separate ship before coming back to this one, but most likely sticking to a tier 2 or 3 ship. To keep it simple at the moment.

Your feed back was more or less what I was looking for.

Sign in to follow this