You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Main Battery Modification 2 for RN BBs ?

9 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,941 posts
18,822 battles

HI

With all the events and campaigns happening I'm yet to try the RN BBs but have heard and read posts from people about the slow turret traverse so today as I was thinking about playing a RN BB the idea occurred to me maybe MBM2 might be the go.

I'm aware you would sacrifice some reload time for those ships but it may be a small price to pay for turret rotation.

I was hoping the community members might share there thoughts and insight on this idea and maybe any other solution they have used to help with these ships.

I still feel  Aiming Systems Modification 1 is the best for BBs but anything to better my gun rotation in a vital battle helps. 

regards     

Edited by tm63au

[QQ7]
[QQ7]
Members
1,903 posts
6,944 battles

May be useful at low tiers, not sure as I started the line at T7.  It would not be useful at T7 and above, where the MO is the sling HE from ~15km.

Members
4,149 posts
9,276 battles

Yes and when you get up to the Conqueror (I just got her today with free Exp intended for Nelson but then I realized do I want Nelson more than this obvious beast? NO), try out Gun Fire Control 2 and increase your range to 28.1... nuff'said).

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

doing some quick math on the low tier RN BBs.

72 second 180 traverse is 2.5 degrees/second. the mod increases that by .375 bringing you to a 2.875 degree/second traverse, or ~62.6 seconds.

expert marksman alone increases it by .7 from 2.5 d/s to 3.2 d/s or 56.25 second 180 degree traverse.

if you take both, the mod is applied first. so the increase if both are taken comes to 3.575 d/s or a 180 turn time of ~50.35 seconds.

the reload time is increased from 30 seconds to 31.5

so if you already take EM (which you should) the mod knocks an additional 6 seconds off the turn time, for the cost of 1.5 seconds form the reload. whether or not that's worth it is up to you. keep in mind that slower turrets with longer reloads benefit less from MBM2 than a faster turret with a quicker reload because the mod calculates by percentage, rather than a flat increase like EM.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
3,705 battles

I find that I can swing the rudder around fast enough to make up for the deficit. The constant "wiggle" has the added benefit of throwing off aim.

Beta Testers
1,250 posts
8,473 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Yes and when you get up to the Conqueror (I just got her today with free Exp intended for Nelson but then I realized do I want Nelson more than this obvious beast? NO), try out Gun Fire Control 2 and increase your range to 28.1... nuff'said).

More like never hit anything cause your shell travel time sucks.

More on topic, you definitely want to keep the accuracy mod on. You give up both reload and some dispersion in exchange for faster turret traverse, which isn't really worth it.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,959 posts
9,582 battles

Welcome to a BB line that requires a lot of planning ahead. Just like when I was doing US BB line with its slow top speed.

Besides, the MB rotation being bad is a fair price for that mad fire chance. Caught out of position, RN BBs can't respond very fast.

Will concede, a shorter MB rotation is handy, but with planning ahead, won't need it--and the aiming system module is more valuable to give your HE spam accuracy for hits. I rely more on my rudder to help with MB rotation, and have Jack Dunkirk for the improved EM.

Members
4,149 posts
9,276 battles
1 hour ago, SeraphicRadiance said:

More like never hit anything cause your shell travel time sucks.

It only sucks if you are not on top of it. Fires started a those ranges, as with the Moskva, have a major impact.

More on topic? ASM 1, doh.