You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldFrog75

Module Damage?

5 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
411 battles

After the battle I frequently see an icon for damaged module(s) on my post-game Detailed Report.   How do you know in battle that the module has been damaged and needs repair?

Being on fire is pretty obvious and the Damage Control Party puts it out when activated but what about damaged modules?  I'm not clear what notification (audio or visual) is given when a module is damaged so I don't know to repair it until after the battle is over. 

I see HP disappearing on my ship icon everytime I get shot but I don't see anything that indicates a certain module has been critically damaged and needs to be repaired.

Edited by OldFrog75

Members
837 posts
5,234 battles

Post game results show the module damage you inflicted on the enemy, and ones you have taken as well. In battle, the damaged module icon pops up on the screen where the fire icon pops up, so if you've been hit by a salvo of high explosive there may be several damaged modules + fire icons. Destroyed AA guns don't have anything significant that you can spot right away, but damaged gun turrets will stop rotating and their icon on the paperdoll UI on the bottom left corner will be black with a red outline. Torpedo launchers can also be damaged, as well as your steering or engine. If you have the Last Stand ability the ship will continue to move and turn (although slower) even if the rudder and engines are damaged, so it may be harder to realise they've been knocked out while in the heat of battle.

Members
163 posts
411 battles
35 minutes ago, LordGomes said:

Post game results show the module damage you inflicted on the enemy, and ones you have taken as well. In battle, the damaged module icon pops up on the screen where the fire icon pops up, so if you've been hit by a salvo of high explosive there may be several damaged modules + fire icons. Destroyed AA guns don't have anything significant that you can spot right away, but damaged gun turrets will stop rotating and their icon on the paperdoll UI on the bottom left corner will be black with a red outline. Torpedo launchers can also be damaged, as well as your steering or engine. If you have the Last Stand ability the ship will continue to move and turn (although slower) even if the rudder and engines are damaged, so it may be harder to realise they've been knocked out while in the heat of battle.

Thanks.  

Maybe being new I've been so hyper-focused on the battle that I don't recall ever seeing any kind of damaged module icon on my screen during the battle; only on the Detail Report afterwards.  Heck, before I posted the question here on the Forum,  I took a ship out and let it take damage enough damage to finally blow up just to see if there was a damage module icon or a voice-over alert along the way but still saw and heard nothing.

I'll go back out and try to pay more attention to the lower left corner of the battle screen.  Based upon my WoT experience, I intuitively know it must be there but for some reason I've been missing it.  

Is there a voice-over alert like on WoT as well?  If yes, maybe I don't have the correct audio volume control setting up high enough...

Edited by OldFrog75

[WAIFU]
Members
400 posts
10,215 battles

Damage module icons is normally above your ammo/consumables while in battle, same place were the fire timers are

Members
163 posts
411 battles
17 hours ago, Muki41 said:

Damage module icons is normally above your ammo/consumables while in battle, same place were the fire timers are

I finally saw one during the battle but the contrast against the water background is so poor the icons don't really jump off the screen at me, which means I have to take my eyes off the battle and really concentrate to see them so I can repair them.

Also, which Audio Setting turns up the voice-over that announces damage/critical hits during the battle?

Edited by OldFrog75