You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SparvieroVV

Are clans gaming the queue frowned upon or not allowed?

23 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles

I'm a potato player. I took my Derpitz and derped. There where six players from one clan in this battle. 2 grouped and one ungrouped on my side and three grouped on the other side. Everything was going well, three caps in hand and several of their ships where on low health and within seconds of dying. When all of the sudden the game went into the crapper. From my perspective and I admit that this is subjective a cruiser and destroyer on our side just quit the game basically. When I look at the score and see I'm well above anyone else that is an alarm bell. Maybe it was just the Ranger completely shut down our Hiryu and this is nothing. I just found it odd that a game filled with clan players took such a turn. *shrug*

CVQmsJD.jpg

Names removed per naming and shaming rules. 

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles

The only thing I can think of is if they are trying to satisfy a hard-to-complete quest like the one where you have to get 5 torp hits using a cruiser and survive a battle.  But the frequency in which teams do this is very rare relative to the number of matches played.  Part of that reason is that clans who are organized enough to coordinate that kind of activity are most often too concerned about their performance metrics to take a dive like that for a team mate.  And most clans, like Salty/Sour that I'm in have very strict no tolerance rules regarding that kind of behavior.

I wouldn't put any weight on it unless you notice that clan and scenario playing out more than once.  There's too many variables that could have occurred and caused that turnaround.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

There's nothing wrong with Sync Dropping.
Feeding/Aiding the Enemy is "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" though and THAT is reportable.

• Cool 1

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles
22 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Maybe it was just the Ranger completely shut down our Hiryu

Also, this is what happened. 45 Plane kills from that Ranger.
Your Hiryu got shat on, enemy got the vision advantage and the dogpiling began.

Edited by AirshipCanon

Members
124 posts
6,443 battles

We've done timed drops before when we have more than 3 people who want to play, we're just as happy to play with eachother as we are to kill each other. It's kinda fun competing against your friends. 

Edited by The_Red_Butcher

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I haven't heard syn dropping in a very long time.

I suppose we'll hear more since Clans are now a thing.

Members
2,614 posts
3,590 battles
27 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

If you have divisions of the same clan on both sides of a battle and (usually on coms) - it's easy to suspect foul play.

I would think exactly the opposite.

I know my fellow clan members, while it is not a group of all unicums, we are all very competitive, and for that reason will split teamspeak channels if we get on opposite teams. 

If you are talking any of the big name unicum clans, I cannot imagine one of those guys willing throwing a match to help a clan member. To get to that level, you have to be a pretty competitive person.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles

I have no idea who are the big clans to be honest. A couple of them are o something right? opg omni or some such. I really don't pay attention. I just wanted to watch how someone else played the d'aosta and circling the cap doing nothing was odd. That's just me though.

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,824 battles
10 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I shoot my clan mates with greater enthusiasm. Wins and losses aside, it's all about the bragging rights. 

^This

When we sync drop, intentionally or not, we try to kill each other with a passion.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,542 battles
32 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

^This

When we sync drop, intentionally or not, we try to kill each other with a passion.

This is same for us, also we kinda dislike ending up on the same team because it becomes a damage grab almost everytime. As an unofficial policy we dont intentionally que sync.

[MKF]
Members
487 posts
18,910 battles

As long as they aren't intentionally throwing a game I don't see a problem with it

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles
44 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So you've basically offered nothing of substance so it must be the clan's fault.

I asked a question and qualified my statement. If you want to see it as something else, feel free.

[B-W-M]
Members
337 posts
10,159 battles

My clan regularly syncs drops. However, we generally try not to end up on the same side of the map when opposing each other. If we do face each other though, carnage ensues. I still laugh sometimes when I remember how I rekt my clan leader and another guy in seconds with my Fletcher. Whatever we do, none of us are cool with jeopardizing the win, or hurting the team in any way, and we do indeed play for the victory.

--IronDuke

[INTEL]
Members
11,358 posts
31,832 battles

Our clan sync drops from time to time, and we do our best to kill each other. I can't think of a single clan that wouldn't be that way. In fact your collapse might well have been caused by clan members relentlessly focusing on each other to the exclusion of victory, although it looks like the CV got owned.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
3 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

I haven't heard syn dropping in a very long time.

I suppose we'll hear more since Clans are now a thing.

Actually used to be very common later at night, but can't say now, as I really haven't been playing late.