Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Slayer_Jesse

Brit BB Captain: IFHE or Fire Prevention?

8 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
238 posts
5,426 battles

Wasn't playing Warships for awhile, that plus not being able to sell the free ones delayed my progress up the line. However, that just means other people have had a chance to play with them. Currently on KGV, but im more talking about building for the line in general.

Current build:

• Catapult Fighter
  • Expert marksman (had this for the ultra slow turrets on lower tiers, but might drop this as the higher tier ones have acceptable 45 second times), Adrenaline rush
  • Superintendent
  • Concealment Expert

Currently 30k from 16 points. So wondering if i should go for IFHE or Fire prevention 1st. IFHE would help on KGV as if i did my math right, that's 115 pen HE which would allow me to citadel certain cruiser sides. I'm not sure how helpful that is with the larger caliber guns tho.

FP is a standard batleship pick, but is it still needed with the higher tier ships's super heal?

And for the rest of the points once i hit 19, what would yo suggest?

[CAST]
Members
4,756 posts

RN BBs already have enhanced penetration on their HE shells and reeeeeeeally don't need IFHE unless you plan on citadeling cruisers with HE.

Fire Prevention or AFT are the only two viable options.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,364 posts
9,723 battles

iirc, RN BBs have that 1/4th HE thing like the German cruisers do, so no real need for IFHE

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,948 posts
12,418 battles

If you are planning to have the T10, Fire prevention would be the better than IFHE. RN BB armor is kinda meh and considering most cruiser have 203mm guns, it is pretty easy to deal damage on these BB with HE.

Beta Testers
621 posts
11,544 battles

High Alert, Basics of Survivability and Adrenaline Rush will serve you better. Never used FP, never saw the need on any of my BB's.

Members
1,933 posts
8,496 battles

Of the two, fire prevention. But IMO better off with concealment expert to take advantage of their stealth. Monarch 10.9km detection. 

Members
66 posts
3,671 battles

Fire prevention because everyone wants to give the favor back to you.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
3,705 battles

Honestly, even with the better HE pen on GB BBs I still rely on AP as my damage dealer. I really only use the HE to deal with well angled BBs at range, finishing off low health BBs and DDs.

Also, with the proliferation of GB BBs, by shooting HE you're playing towards their heal advantage.

Basically, AP is still the best bet for the class so I would advise against it for a competitive build. 

That being said, some builds are just for "funnsies". 

Sign in to follow this