Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Game not letting me play???

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
466 posts
2,884 battles

This is getting ridiculous, earlier I started a match and had to sit there and watch the map for 6 minutes until it finally let me in. I finish that match, start another and once again it won't let me in the game and it's been well over 6 minutes......

I have 110mbps ethernet, this should not be happening.....

How do I get this to stop? This is completely ridiculous........

Spoiler

shot-17.09.23_15.27.03-0486.jpg

 

EDIT:

And I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry....

Edited by Speedstang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,820
Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Log out, then back in if you get stuck like that.

 

It happens to me about the 2nd or 3rd battle of my gaming session. Once you log in, it'll throw you into the match. 

 

After I do that, it usually won't happen again during that session.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,820
Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Alt/tab, or Alt/enter to get out.

 

End process under Task Manager, or you can R/click on the tab below on windows.

 

If you R/click on tab, you'll need to open WOWS window and click "yes".

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
466 posts
2,884 battles

It seemed to have finally loaded, gave the "Action Stations!" voice, then my port loaded and I got a defeat notification...

 

.......................................................................

 

Nice waste of my credits and best camo, thanks WG......

Spoiler

shot-17.09.23_15.34.08-0615.jpgshot-17.09.23_15.34.10-0873.jpg

 

 

Edited by Speedstang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
466 posts
2,884 battles
6 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Log out, then back in if you get stuck like that.

 

It happens to me about the 2nd or 3rd battle of my gaming session. Once you log in, it'll throw you into the match. 

 

After I do that, it usually won't happen again during that session.

 

2 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Alt/tab, or Alt/enter to get out.

 

End process under Task Manager, or you can R/click on the tab below on windows.

 

If you R/click on tab, you'll need to open WOWS window and click "yes".

Too late, but I'll try that if it happens again....

This is so dumb. Fix your dang servers WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,820
Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I agree, it ticks me off too.

 

Im not sure if yours does this, but when it happens the "start battle button" doesn't appear. I usually see it when i have 20/25 secs left on the timer. If I don't see that button after that time, I go ahead and log out.

 

If you time it right, youll miss very little of the battle.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles

Yeah, happens to me occasionally, usually no more than once in a day.  Might not even be WG's server.  Could be a router on the way with just enough packet loss to miss the three-way TCP handshake on the actual game session server logon occasionally.  Could be several things.  Tracking down intermittent problems like this suck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164
[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts

Was happening every 5-10 games for me a few patches ago, but since 6.9 or so, it completely cleared up....

No idea why, nothing changed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,889 posts
8,152 battles

There are probably close to 100 if not more of hardware to get to the WG server that can cause issues like this.  The hardware along the route does not care what speed internet you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164
[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts
21 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

There are probably close to 100 if not more of hardware to get to the WG server that can cause issues like this.  The hardware along the route does not care what speed internet you have.

 

This is a pretty well known problem with the game....

Ping and bandwidth have nothing to do with it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

 

This is a pretty well known problem with the game....

Ping and bandwidth have nothing to do with it....

But no one can conclusively say it's solely a WG problem, either.  There's been problems with routes to WG, outside WG's edge routers in CA, for more than a month or two, that crop up intermittently.  I usually see them in telia.net's network on the way to WG in California when I see threads where people are pulling traceroutes or having big issues connecting.

 

People are just very quick to blame all of this on WG's, when it may or may not be under their control.  If it's where I've seen it before, it could affect a LOT of people, and still not anything WG can fix, despite the appearance.  OTOH, it could be their issue, but I'm not going to jump to blame them for this one immediately.  

 

It can be a complete [edited] to trace these down, because they're intermittent.  Hell of a lot easier to fix these when something is obviously not working or fully broken. 

 

WoT doesn't have these issues, because their stuff is in Chicago now, afaik, or at least the one closest to me is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164
[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts
8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

But no one can conclusively say it's solely a WG problem, either.  There's been problems with routes to WG, outside WG's edge routers in CA, for more than a month or two, that crop up intermittently.  I usually see them in telia.net's network on the way to WG in California when I see threads where people are pulling traceroutes or having big issues connecting.

 

People are just very quick to blame all of this on WG's, when it may or may not be under their control.  If it's where I've seen it before, it could affect a LOT of people, and still not anything WG can fix, despite the appearance.  OTOH, it could be their issue, but I'm not going to jump to blame them for this one immediately.  

 

It can be a complete [edited] to trace these down, because they're intermittent.  Hell of a lot easier to fix these when something is obviously not working or fully broken. 

 

WoT doesn't have these issues, because their stuff is in Chicago now, afaik, or at least the one closest to me is.

 

 

Data:

Getting hung up on load once every 5 to 10 games consistently....

No line such issues documented after numerous traceroutes...

The problem started with a patch, and ended with a patch...

Analysis: Unless you're somehow claiming that a consistent dropoff is happening during my short route (10 hops) to the game, logic seems to dictate that the problem is with the server.....not the route.

 

And this isn't the only issue that has come and gone with patches...

Before 5.6 I was in 60-90 secs late every game.

5.6 hits, i'm in 30 secs early.

5.11 hits, suddenly i'm 30 secs late again. 

5.13 hits, i'm 45 secs early, have been ever since.

 

 But please keep defending sloppy programming, lots of people here do it....:Smile_teethhappy:

 

 

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

 

Data:

Getting hung up on load once every 5 to 10 games consistently....

No line such issues documented after numerous traceroutes...

The problem started with a patch, and ended with a patch...

Analysis: Unless you're somehow claiming that a consistent dropoff is happening during my short route (10 hops) to the game, logic seems to dictate that the problem is with the server.....not the route.

 

 

 

I track this kind of thing down for a living, but, of course, I have no access into telia's or WG's network   I've found similar intermittent issues before with various locations in the US involving server login back to our hosted servers, and intermittently 'missing' the connection, but otherwise not showing problems.

 

I'm not saying that it *isn't* WG, but in my experience, you can't say it is, either.  Only the IT professionals inside the networks involved know for sure.  

 

Actually, if you're getting it every 5-10 games consistently, that makes it MORE likely to me that it's network.  I'm certainly not seeing it every 5-10 games.

Also, how many hops doesn't make a difference.  It's where the hops are, not how many.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164
[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I track this kind of thing down for a living, but, of course, I have no access into telia's or WG's network   I've found similar intermittent issues before with various locations in the US involving server login back to our hosted servers, and intermittently 'missing' the connection, but otherwise not showing problems.

 

I'm not saying that it *isn't* WG, but in my experience, you can't say it is, either.  Only the IT professionals inside the networks involved know for sure.  

 

Actually, if you're getting it every 5-10 games consistently, that makes it MORE likely to me that it's network.  I'm certainly not seeing it every 5-10 games.

Also, how many hops doesn't make a difference.  It's where the hops are, not how many.  

 

 

You just can't admit that the logic says it's their problem..can you?

I don't have the problem anymore, it's been gone for several patches...as I said.

But to sit there and try to say it's still probably the network, when all the issues come and go with patches is just unbelievable for someone who claims to be an IT professional.

 

Almost forgot. The issue leaves you hung in the loading screen and you can watch the progress of the battle on the teams. And you can hear the game...you simply can't get into the environment and control your ship. 

So, as an IT professional, what does that sound like?:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,323
[NG-NL]
Members
5,971 posts
9,620 battles

If you are running internet browsers in the background, restart them about 3-4 hours. Sometimes I have to open Task Manager and close Firefox when it hogs disk space usage and WOWS is trying to load, as otherwise I can get stuck in a loop and have to restart WOWS to get in.

 

Otherwise, worth restarting your game after every other match, maybe flush your DNS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

 

You just can't admit that the logic says it's their problem..can you?

I don't have the problem anymore, it's been gone for several patches...as I said.

But to sit there and try to say it's still probably be the network, when all the issues come and go with patches is just unbelievable for someone who claims to be an IT professional.

I still have the problem, to this day, once a day or so.  You're not seeing it at all now the last patch.  You're just being obstinate that you know for sure, and bound and determined to blame WG for it.  You may do that if you wish.  Doesn't cost me a thing to smile and wave and let you believe what you want.  It's a problem that neither you nor I can fix, because it's either telia's or WG's, but I won't say that one or the other is the problem.  They'll have to work this out.  

 

You can call me a liar, or an idiot, and it won't change a thing, so go right ahead.  You've got your mind made up to blame WG for everything, so have fun with that.  No skin off my nose.

 

I've seen this *exact* intermittent problem six times in the last twp years, in an app front end handing over from a 'front lobby' server to a more specific application server and 'just missing' it intermittently, just not with this exact application.   Once it was in the front end, once it was in the application server code, twice in the router in the internal network, and the last two were in the router one hop out from the requesting end.  So, if you want, then from that small sample size, you have a 2/3 chance of it being WG's problem.  But not a definite anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[DAS]
Members
680 posts
5,869 battles

I have 5 mbit internet and no problems. Maybe I'm just blessed :)

Sorry about your situation though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles
32 minutes ago, epojokke said:

I have 5 mbit internet and no problems. Maybe I'm just blessed :)

Sorry about your situation though.

Awiggin did have that part correct.  This problem has nothing to do with individual bandwidth, unless perhaps someone's still playing on dialup!  I have 45mbit internet, but I still have the issue once a day or so.  I just shrug and relog into the client when it happens.  Nothing I can fix or influence, no matter whose it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,889 posts
8,152 battles
10 hours ago, awiggin said:

 

This is a pretty well known problem with the game....

Ping and bandwidth have nothing to do with it....

The only time I have had lag problems for longer than 1 days WAS................  My ISP for about 2 weeks.  It is not a wide of a problem as you want to believe and folks going "my speed is XXXX and it tests at that...." means absolutely nothing and does not mean the issue is not between the player and the game server.  When few people in the specific game have issues then the chances of a WG issue is tiny.  When everyone on both sides have issues - far, far,far more likely to be a server issue.

Problem apparently is that the above is.....  common sense and maybe that is where the real "problem" is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×