Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

I think the Cleveland may be my favorite ship

17 comments in this topic

[P-V-E]
Members
1,282 posts

it was my favourite until one of the captain skills got changed, thus it lost it gun range.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Nice.  I am average in her. Some great games some crap games in her. She can tear the crap out of other cruisers real fast. I notice I get focus fire a lot. Red teams don't like her! 

[LOU1]
Members
3,808 posts
10,407 battles

I really disliked it when I was starting out in WOWS.  Now, it is one of my dependable goto ships.  It tanks well when angled correctly, and starts fires and citadels nicely.  She also handles well and the guns feel comfortable.  I will finish the grind to the Des Moines in the next few days, but the Cleveland will always be in my post and frequently going out to sea.

NOTE: whenever I see a Cleveland on the other team, it is the ship i try to remove quickly.  People frequently ignore her and she burns them to the ground before they realize the true danger :cap_like:

Edited by ExploratorOne

[PSP]
Members
9,775 posts

The Cleveland has a fairly rapid rate of fire, good turret traverse, a 14% chance of setting HE fires (with the commander skill), is reasonably fast and agile, can eat up planes at its tier like nobody's business, and can sit behind islands and lob shells onto an enemy undetected. If it had a a repair party consumable it would be a wonder indeed.  

[PSP]
Members
9,775 posts
4 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

She's a beast at or near her own tier yup.

cleve.JPG

What were those CV drivers thinking they were going to accomplish by sending planes anywhere near a Cleveland?

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
3,712 battles

I have a secondaries  Skipper in her. Her large secondary battery Makes her pretty unique to play and can really tear up a DD that get's to close.

[KNTAI]
Members
806 posts
7,007 battles

Back in 2015, the Cleveland had a notorious reputation and was probably one of the best cruisers in the game at the time. Huge range, split citadels, quick turret traverse, better MM, etc. She's been heavily nerfed since then, but the addition of IFHE has made her strong again.

Beta Testers
1,256 posts
9,326 battles

Biggest buff to mid tier cruisers has been the influx of HE spamming BBs, and the Cleveland has benefited from this.

It's over rated as an open water cruiser. Too easy to dodge. If you can get behind an Island though it's worse than the atlanta.

[-K-]
Members
7,120 posts
11,660 battles

There is a reason she is the most played ship in the game.

Capture.JPG

[PSP]
Members
9,775 posts

Another good game is the amazing Cleveland. I'm not sure the CV players exactly understand what a Cleveland is really good at.

shot-17.09.25_19.44.18-0016.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[HINON]
Members
6,400 posts
9,759 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, ExploratorOne said:

If what I have read is true, she was a tier VIII level ship that was nerfed to fill the Tier VI spot.

it is, it's said that, when the USN CL line split happens, Cleveland will return to her rightful spot at T8, and be how she was before most of her nerfs to fit her at T6, but you know, grain of salt

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,490 battles

Ahh...Yes. The Cleveland the ship that was so OP they had to nerf her in Closed Beta after the first Open Weekend...Yet still she is somehow still the most fun and awesome to play.

895f6f6676e46c34ff5f6c87cf90ae3f13854263

(if the gif makes no sense Haru-Haru with her coat on is the old unerfed Cleveland, when it's taken off what her nerfed version was expected to be like, when back on with 'Shazam' is how she actually is..awesome)

Sign in to follow this