You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

What is the worse meathead of a player? IYO

93 comments in this topic

[NBNG]
Members
402 posts
7,772 battles

Mine is easy. This game is all about communication and map awareness. IMO The worse player is the one, when the team calls out caps, you have 1-2 meatheads that go the other way like they discovered a trick to the game. They are usually the first to sink and the ones who complain that they got no support. let me also clear up,  I do not mean the DD that is stealthy and will try and flank so we take out their CV or we give them headaches in their backyard. That is usually called out at beginning by good team mates that communicate. I have seen so many games lost because at the turning point of the game those few ships were needed. Give me the player that no matter the skill, plays with the team. This is a fun game with strategy and communication playing a role. That is the best part of this game IMO, when teamwork works. HF GL. 

• Boring 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
3,495 battles
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Mine is the player that blames everyone else for his death

Yep. Unless you are the last one left with High Caliber, Confederate or Kraken Unleashed, please don't blame other for defeat unless you can exactly point out what the person is doing wrong, calmly.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
4,028 posts
6,891 battles

Yeah, I hate White Knights too. Sorry pal, your lone CL isn't going to fight off two DDs, a BB, and enemy CL. Fall in line with the rest of the fleet.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
1,403 posts
8,150 battles

That one stat-wh*re that makes silly spreadsheets and is obsessed with raising their win rate.

• Cool 3

[NBNG]
Members
402 posts
7,772 battles
9 minutes ago, issm said:

I like small group / individual fights.

The only way to get those is to go where the team isn't.

But when you see that is not going to happen, do you try and regroup to help team or do you continue? Example, you going to cap on your own or off on your own and then find that you are on the wrong side of a 3-1 battle. 

[DAM-U]
Members
11,026 posts
1 minute ago, Buzzardsluck said:

But when you see that is not going to happen, do you try and regroup to help team or do you continue? Example, you going to cap on your own or off on your own and then find that you are on the wrong side of a 3-1 battle. 

3-1 is still fun.

As for a general answer, depends on my mood.

As a general rule, I don't give a damn about winning unless I'm trying to do a specific mission that requires it.

Edited by issm
  • Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
22,411 posts
22,855 battles
1 minute ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Ah, but then it's a 1 on 3 battle.  :Smile_hiding:

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
3,495 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Ah, but then it's a 1 on 3 battle.  :Smile_hiding:

If you know what do are doing, you could win. That is how I broke out of a 1 vs 3 against a Scharnhorst and 2 cruisers in a Kongo.

[WOLF2]
Members
422 posts
7,560 battles

Anyone who participates in a lemming train to one cap, then just sit in one spot while not actually taking the cap, or steamrolling the other ships like they said they were going to do!!! 

...and oh yeah the match is a resounding loss.

• Cool 2

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
3,495 battles
Just now, khan1670 said:

Anyone who participates in a lemming train to one cap, then just sit in one spot while not actually taking the cap, or steamrolling the other ships like they said they were going to do!!! 

...and oh yeah the match is a resounding loss.

Yep. Can relate to that.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,971 posts
9,620 battles

Players that make totally stupid moves. We lost spotting earlier cause a Farragut stupidly smoked in a cap, stayed in it rather than spot, and as a result, my team got out-spotted and of course, we lost badly.

• Cool 2

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
26 minutes ago, issm said:

3-1 is still fun.

As for a general answer, depends on my mood.

As a general rule, I don't give a damn about winning unless I'm trying to do a specific mission that requires it.

Gee I like to win.  I am not obsessive but I sure don't really enjoy losing thus I try my best (which is not real good) every game. I see no point in playing a team game if you don't give a damn. 

[DAM-U]
Members
11,026 posts
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Gee I like to win.  I am not obsessive but I sure don't really enjoy losing thus I try my best (which is not real good) every game. I see no point in playing a team game if you don't give a damn. 

Good for you. That's your problem. I don't care.

You don't see a point in playing if you don't care? Well, I have some great news for you! You don't have to.

All you have to do is accept that some people do, and that those people aren't going to bend over backwards to accommodate your priorities.

[RULE]
Beta Testers
200 posts
9,674 battles

It's the players that can't figure out what or where to go, you see them sail clear across the whole damn map because the other side looks better, so the team does without (usually a BB ) for the while so the flank he was heading to is less by the time he reaches it (so they can focus on him proper ) and the side he was on goes without those guns, ... perfect.

Members
9,915 posts
12,373 battles

so wait a second.... are we talking about that one or two player meathead that we hate because we LOST the battle?? Or the ones where we won anyway, by a lot but still had taters....
because FWIW there have been a LOT of these kinds of threads since day one, but more so lately.... so I will ask the question....
IF YOU WIN DO THEY REALLY MATTER???
Becasue 

#1 ONE team always has to lose... and its either CLOSE or EPIC...

#2 YOU are on that team, that either wins or loses.... and if you are on a team and are always losing.... maybe, just maybe it might not be someone else's fault entirely....

there seems to be more and more high expectations of teams lately and the expectation of better team play mentality between 14 random strangers...
now there are Divisions.... do we blame them for all dying even tough they have the best advantage by communication////

this is an issue that will never have a good outcome.... there will NEVER be team play until clan wars start...
just sayin

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 1

[QQ7]
Members
1,903 posts
6,975 battles
6 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The speaking Dead are the worst.

Classic words from the BB main always sniping behind spawn.  Staying alive doesn't mean you're contributing.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, _V12 said:

Classic words from the BB main always sniping behind spawn.  Staying alive doesn't mean you're contributing.

I have both CA and BB to tier 10 I do not hide at spawn I engage close quarters often. But with your response you must be the Talking Dead insulting how others are worse than you but there you are Dead. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
23 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The speaking Dead are the worst.

16 minutes ago, _V12 said:

12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have both CA and BB to tier 10 I do not hide at spawn I engage close quarters often. But with your response you must be the Talking Dead insulting how others are worse than you but there you are Dead. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What happened here?