You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fierymountain

did they disable the defensive AA fire on the Hood?

14 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
8,623 battles

I took my Hood out for a spin today, saw 3 flights of dive bombers coming at me within 6 km, I hit my Defensive AA Fire once, no effect, hit it again, still no effect.  Did WG disabled the ability for the Hood?

[HINON]
Supertester
3,930 posts
6,359 battles

Your rockets were probably all destroyed.

• Cool 1

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

There's a few possibilities... it may have even been as simple as lag.

If you can reproduce it consistently, post in the bug report area.

[HINON]
Members
11,607 posts

Could have been lag if it was not activating from your consumable button. If it didnt seem to have effect but did activate its likely all the rockets were destroyed, they are super fragile and there arent many on your ship to begin with.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles
28 minutes ago, fierymountain said:

I took my Hood out for a spin today, saw 3 flights of dive bombers coming at me within 6 km, I hit my Defensive AA Fire once, no effect, hit it again, still no effect.  Did WG disabled the ability for the Hood?

Hood's defensive fire only applies to those rockets, which have a dreadfully short range, only 1.5 KM.  The DBs were well outside that range, so your DF has no effect on them.

Here's a portion of the wikipage for Hood...

Unique among battleships, Hood also has access to the Defensive AA Fire consumable. Unlike the version available to cruisers and destroyers, however, the version available to Hood only affects her rocket launchers: her innermost AA bubble. The upside is that it multiplies their AA damage per second by 2500% (rather than the standard 300%). This means that the low range area of the rockets’ AA field becomes an instant death zone for enemy planes, but is not useful to defend teammates. Enemy torpedo bombers may also drop outside of the effective range of the rockets as well.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

DF activates the moment you hit the key. It will operate regardless of whether the mounts are active or destroyed.

As said above, the most likely answer is that all your rockets were destroyed.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,726 posts
3,842 battles
1 hour ago, Nuk_ said:

This is the correct answer. The rocket launchers are the only thing effected by DefAA. And Hood only has like, 4-8 of them. And they are easily destroyed. If all of them are destroyed, your DefAA wont activate.

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

You probably lost your AA mounts (rocket launchers).

Also, your DF only works with your rockets, and they have a range of 1,5 km (or something like that), so if the enemy planes were at 6 km it wont hit them.

[PVE]
Members
9,654 posts
17,216 battles

Was going to say the rocket launchers were probably destroyed. They are easily taken out by CL HE Spam.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
699 posts
5,476 battles
3 hours ago, Nuk_ said:

This is the most likely possibility.

I've had the exact same thing happen before. DFAA will not activate on the Hood if all your rockets are destroyed.