You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

how to disable huge columns of water splash visual?

60 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles

when shells hit the water around a ship, the massive columns water make the ship unseen. It makes aiming at the ship impossibly hard.

how do i completely disable this visual effect? i dont think visual should sacrifice game play!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,607 posts

It's part of the game that all players have to manage. If you were able to remove it, then you would have an unfair advantage.

• Cool 4

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

Seems like something a mod can do, since there's already mods that make splashes and such more visible-- doesn't seem like a stretch that there could be one that makes them less visible.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,235 posts
10 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

when shells hit the water around a ship, the massive columns water make the ship unseen. It makes aiming at the ship impossibly hard.

how do i completely disable this visual effect? i dont think visual should sacrifice game play!

WG does not believe in giving their players options....

They know what you want, better than you do....:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 4

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,902 battles

It's perminant, suck it up or 'cheat' by removing it via mods, these are your only choices. 

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You have said this every single time this happens. Yet global change to the graphical system is not an "option" it is a change to the base game.

Unless, you know, you wanted to stick with Alpha graphics because "options".

• Cool 2

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,902 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

You have said this every single time this happens. Yet global change to the graphical system is not an "option" it is a change to the base game.

To be fair, ignorance and desire to stay with the past are both attributes of people who don't like progress in general be it good or bad. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
19 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

The game is progressing graphically wise. If you dont like that, go play tetris, pong, or any other 2bit retro video game.

Or, just suck it up and deal with it like everyone else.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,235 posts
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

?

Really, you're a programmer?

Those visuals are nothing more than eyecandy, we've had options like reduced flames, but you really believe that they can't offer reduced splashes?

I just don't get how people can defend a lazy, greedy company who are far more interested in opening your wallet, than providing a game play experience that people actually feel good about spending money on.....:Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles

Shell splashes and explosions and fires and smoke obscuring the battlefield?  Yes, that actually happened. 

Deal with it.

• Cool 1

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles
5 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Shell splashes interfering with aiming is realistic. Learn how to deal with it. 

realism is what you pursue? BB chance of landing shell is about 3%. Maybe we apply that to you, and you only.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
17 minutes ago, awiggin said:

That they support mods means WG believes in giving players far more options than many other companies.

And considering fog removers and other visibility adjustments (including existing splash effect mods) aren't considered cheating, I really doubt a mod to tone it down or remove them would be. Except, you know, by the usual mod hater crowd.

• Cool 2

Members
1,933 posts
8,496 battles
2 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

realism is what you pursue? BB chance of landing shell is about 3%. Maybe we apply that to you, and you only.

Only if DDs lose their infinite number of torpedoes and my secondary batteries are given their full 20km range to compensate for the lack of main battery accuracy against small targets. 

Also, forget about disappearing ships. I may not be able to see the hull of your DD 15km away, but I can surely see your exhaust smoke. 

That's all realistic as well. 

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,352 posts
7,899 battles
16 minutes ago, awiggin said:

?

Those visuals are nothing more than eyecandy, we've had options like reduced flames, but you really believe that they can't offer reduced splashes?

I just don't get how people can defend a lazy, greedy company who are far more interested in opening your wallet, than providing a game play experience that people actually feel good about spending money on.....:Smile_facepalm:

1weh08.jpg

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles
6 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Only if DDs lose their infinite number of torpedoes and my secondary batteries are given their full 20km range to compensate for the lack of main battery accuracy against small targets. 

so when it's inconvenient to you it's no implementable? rofl gtfo

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
18 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I never claimed that, nor did I ever say they couldn't. 

They already said it was a graphical overhaul and beefing up old graphics that haven't changed in over a year. It was never meant to be an "option" it is a feature. 

Reduced flames was on the screen borders, not the ship it self.

People keep saying that it makes it harder to aim. Really? I have yet to ever need to wait for a shell splash to go away before shooting/aiming again. 

Beyond that they do know better than to offer the "option" because as soon as it is, the new graphical effects will never be used. Because it offers a gameplay advantage, you have a WT problem happening again.

• Cool 1

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

No, because allowing to turn down obscuring Graphics [and make them not obscure] creates the reason why War Thunder is incapable of ever doing things right-- because /the/ way to play WT is on minimum settings.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,065 posts
12,336 battles
5 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

No, because allowing to turn down obscuring Graphics [and make them not obscure] creates the reason why War Thunder is incapable of ever doing things right-- because /the/ way to play WT is on minimum settings.

This, they put it in for those on low end machines but magically even people with the latest Alienware machine had "performance issues". They didn't but leaving the eye candy on only handicapped those that didn't turn them down.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,958 posts
26,990 battles
39 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Shell splashes and explosions and fires and smoke obscuring the battlefield?  Yes, that actually happened. 

Deal with it.

Yes.  These things cause a second or more delay in firing, which can be a long time in a game that counts down tenths of a second.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I'd love to be able to turn a lot of that crap off, but until then all i can do is deal with it and figure a way to make it work.

I've been a DD main since the end of Open Beta. Adapt/overcome is my middle name...

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,065 posts
12,336 battles
1 minute ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes.  These things cause a second or more delay in firing, which can be a long time in a game that counts down tenths of a second.

True but everyone is impacted the same by those things. I would only be ok with removing water splashes and gunfire smoke if the obscured target was still not visible allowing an easing of resources without providing a benefit to the player turning them off.

Members
24,009 posts
6,035 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

?

I wouldn't play a game where I had to choose between immersion or advantage, let alone feel good about spending money on it. 

Got my fill of it playing Battlefield: Vietnam, trying to hide in lush jungle undergrowth, and being shot by people who were seeing me crouched down in a manicured orchard.

I think it's great that programming has progressed to the point where parts of the environment don't need to be deleted to run games on less-capable machines.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I see no problem with the way WG is bringing the game forward from  the dark ages of Pong and Donkey Kong. Those who Pine for the Good old Days are never going to realize the better Days are here and the Best Days are yet to come.  If at any time you feel as though this game is worse now than the "Good Old Days" Maybe its time to find your Commodore 64 or Atari game console and live it up.